SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, folks, it's about over.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Well, folks, it's about over..... Reply with quote

If John Kerry loses the election, it could mean the end of the Democrat Party for a generation. The foaming-at-the-mouth, lying, crooked party it has become started its decline in earnest with the hearings over the appointment of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court during the Reagan administration. And, it's gone downhill from there.

At 74, I can still remember when, at age 10, I did my part to campaign for Wendell Wilkie in the 1940 race against FDR. Been a staunch Republican ever since. My only point in bringing that up is that I have observed the Dems for many years and that party, as presently constituted, has no resemblance to the Dems of old and certainly has no credentials to lead this country, especially with the traitorous Kerry at its head. What can half of the people in this country be thinking?

I know you think I should have started this post with "When" instead of "If". But I am a realist. I believe there is no way this election will be decided on election day, or perhaps for weeks after. The fraud already perpetrated by the Dems in phony voter registration, and mechanisms to deny the validity of absentee ballots will tie this thing in Gordian knots.

Whatever happens, we must work on fairness in voting for the future. In most matters, I am firmly a state's-rightist. But some uniformity in the basics of voting must be legislated nation-wide. Positive ID of voters MUST be universal. The early voting and provisional balloting nonsense must be eliminated. The multiplicity of balloting machine types must be brought under control. In Alabama, we have a cardboard ballot in which you merely connect two halves of an arrow with a magnetic ink pen. The ballot is inserted in a reader. If you've done something dumb, like voting for both candidates, the card spits out and you get another ballot. When the polls close, the results are immediately known and there is a paper trail. While technology put bread on my table for many years, I have no confidence in touch-screen balloting. Failure modes exist which can render a day's worth of balloting unverifiable if not irretrievable.

So, we sweat it out. The defeat of Kerry and Daschle along with retention of the Congress should give the nation a bright future for years to come. And, even the Hilldebeast cannot ride a burnt-out hulk of a Democrat Party to victory.

Some MSM magnate said that the media will have provided 15 of how ever many points Kerry gets. The nation should be thankful that the Swift vets have neutralized that and then some. May God bless you, guys.

Schadow
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But don't forget: even when Kerry loses, the liberal vermin will still be infesting the MSM.

That is the battle that MUST be won before the next elections in 2006 and 2008.

Bloggers everywhere must parse and dissect each and every statement by the MSM, recorded and put into proper context. Hypocrisy and bias must be publicly demonstrated on a daily basis, until the average citizen looks on the MSM with the same cynical and watchful eye that we use.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Schadow!

I started at 9 years old, with my "I Like Ike" button. My parents supported Robert Taft in the primaries, and I wanted to rebel. Besides, generals were cool to me in those days. Lt(jg)'s don't do much for me today.

If the real JFK were alive today, he would've been the keynote speaker (instead of Zell Miller) at the Republican Convention.

Right, Dimsdale? What's happened to Massachusetts in the past 40 years?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, schadow, and I agree 100%.

It is part of family lore that I had an Uncle so oppossed to FDR and the New Deal that he would bodily through you from his home if he found out you supported him. At 4 I remember walking with my mother as she worked for Goldwater's campaign because she believed he would totally phuq up the war, and his Great Society programs would spell disaster for society. And guess what....

But wrt politics, I think it is also necessary to remember that the snotting of the Democratic party is linked to the demise of morality and civility. James Carville and Terry McAuliffe did not come about in a vacuum. The Borking of Robert Bork, and the continuing pattern of Borking Dem opponents did not happen in a vacuum.

The loss of civility is very real, and is more than an annoyance in traffic; the loss of civility is threatening to destroy democracy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: