SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email the Press and the Blogs- Krush Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Email the Press and the Blogs- Krush Kerry Reply with quote

Please consider forwarding this or something similar to anyone, including the media, that you can think of.

John Kerry has made his 4 months and 12 days in Vietnam the centerpiece of his campaign for President, apparently in attempt qualify himself as a “war time” President. He has avoided his traitorous flip-flop on the Vietnam war from 1970-72 and his dovish 19 year Senate record on defense and intelligence.

This effort at misdirection or “hiding the football’ of his true character requires those of us that lived and suffered the Vietnam experience, including the anti-war movement, to expend a significant effort in awakening the memories of those who lived through the period and to educate those younger than ourselves whose views are founded on press, academic, and Hollywood deceptions.

Many of you may not be familiar with Mr. Kerry’s contrived military record and post service treachery. Before making your voting decision I urge you to take the time to study our case.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant. they speak from personal experience -- the group includes men who served beside Kerry in combat as well as his commanders. Though they come from different backgrounds and hold varying political opinions, they agree on one thing: John Kerry misrepresented his record and ours in Vietnam and therefore exhibits serious flaws in character and lacks the potential to lead.

I regret the need to do this. Most veterans would like nothing better than to support one of our own for America's highest office, regardless of whether he was running as a Democrat or a Republican. However, Kerry's phony war crimes charges, his exaggerated claims about his own service in Vietnam, and his deliberate misrepresentation of the nature and effectiveness of Swift boat operations compels us to step forward.

For more than thirty years, most Vietnam veterans kept silent as we were maligned as misfits, addicts, and baby killers. Now that a key creator of that poisonous image is seeking the Presidency many veterans have resolved to end our silence.

The time has come to set the record straight.

http://swiftvets.com/

Many of us believe that his war diary and cinematic activities in Vietnam are the tip of the iceberg and that he recommended himself for 2 of his Purple Hearts for minor scratches that were probably self-inflicted and, more importantly, for the Silver Star. The events surrounds the award of the Bronze Star are also questionable as will be revealed in a soon to be released book, “Unfit to Command”, currently #2 in sales at Amazon.com. That’s why we are demanding the release of is “complete” service records.

More about this period in our and Kerry’s history can be found at:

www.wintersoldier.com

Please do what you can to spread the word about Swift Boat Veterans for Truth by forwarding this email to your email lists, weblogs you read, and the local press in your area. We also request that the press, television, and radio media make this information available to the public at large.

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I have! I did ask if it was OK to copy and paste the mission statement along with statements by some of the swiftvets as long as I gave credit and was told by Admin it was OK...so I did. I sent it to everyone I know and will continue to press on little by little. I have also e-mail a local radio show who had on a former Air Force Vietnam pilot as they were discussing Kerry. The pilot did question Kerry's PH's, but would not really commit to decrying Kerry. The local newsman is very democratic and said he wish he could speak with someone who was a swiftvet so I copied the mission statement and told him how to contact swiftvets. I have also replied to several new articles when they have posted a comment page and I do use the fact that I AM A VET AND AGAINST KERRY!!!!! I give the swiftvets webpage! I post my name, address and telephone number and tell them to call me if they want to speak with a vet...of course, so far no word from any of them. But I will press on. Even if I change one person to vote for President Bush it willbe worth it.
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
Tom,

I have! I did ask if it was OK to copy and paste the mission statement along with statements by some of the swiftvets as long as I gave credit and was told by Admin it was OK...so I did. I sent it to everyone I know and will continue to press on little by little. I have also e-mail a local radio show who had on a former Air Force Vietnam pilot as they were discussing Kerry. The pilot did question Kerry's PH's, but would not really commit to decrying Kerry. The local newsman is very democratic and said he wish he could speak with someone who was a swiftvet so I copied the mission statement and told him how to contact swiftvets. I have also replied to several new articles when they have posted a comment page and I do use the fact that I AM A VET AND AGAINST KERRY!!!!! I give the swiftvets webpage! I post my name, address and telephone number and tell them to call me if they want to speak with a vet...of course, so far no word from any of them. But I will press on. Even if I change one person to vote for President Bush it willbe worth it.

Theresa,

If you read any of the conservative or military blogs you could ask them to post links to www.swiftvets.com and www.wintersoldier.com . That's what I'm working on right now.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I will. My goal is to get more people to know about swiftvets. I feel like I have come home when I get on this sight. It is just a nice feeling to know that I am not the only one who realizes who and what John Kerry is. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. It is appreciated by those of us who frequent this sight.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please visit my website. I am a veteran who is speaking out against Kerry and the Democrats on a daily basis. Feel free to comment on my posts.
Your comments will be shown.

Thanks and keep up the good work to everyone who is trying to get the word out.

http://proudrepublican.blogspot.com/
REPUBLICANPUNDIT
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Response:

Our work is getting some attention among the better Bloggers. I wrote to about 50 of them today. Here's one response that's been posted for the world (blogsphere) to see.

Quote:

Quote:
Band of estranged brothers

The vets aren't happy. This from a new site, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth:

"Senator John Kerry has made his 4-month combat tour in Vietnam the centerpiece of his bid for the Presidency. His campaign jets a handful of veterans around the country, and trots them out at public appearances to sing his praises. John Kerry wants us to believe that these men represent all those he calls his 'band of brothers.'

"But most combat veterans who served with John Kerry in Vietnam see him in a very different light.

"Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant. We speak from personal experience -- our group includes men who served beside Kerry in combat as well as his commanders. Though we come from different backgrounds and hold varying political opinions, we agree on one thing: John Kerry misrepresented his record and ours in Vietnam and therefore exhibits serious flaws in character and lacks the potential to lead." Not a very happy "band of brothers."
Then there is the Winter Soldier, dedicated to John Kerry's tour of duty and the subsequent anti-war tour of malice.

Personally, I'm still trying to come to grips with the phenomenon of a modern-day Democrat presidential candidate who promotes his service in Vietnam as virtually his only qualification to lead the country in the highest office.

like Mudville Gazette this is a guy we should all be reading daily.

Tom

And another thing: The link is: http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com/ BTW, This Aussie Mate is "really" good.

And another-nother thing: Read this post from another thread here at
Swiftvets: http://coral.he.net/~swiftvet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1565

Get active Dudes and Dudettes! I know that's sexist but I still respect women...They're not equal....They're better! Never accuse me of being PC. Laughing
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted earlier today, your message is definitely getting out. Swift Boat Vets and their issues have been appearing all over the media and on some major players (1210 WPHT Phila, WABC NY, Savage Nation stations, and Salem stations, and stations all over the country--almost all in the last two weeks alone).

Keep the pressure up. Talk up "Unfit for Command." Demand the major book stores show the book prominently. Just keep up the pressure. It's working.

Go Air Force!!! Medics, we're there when you need us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: