SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monty Harper's review of Kerry's spew: "A Call to Servi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Monty Harper's review of Kerry's spew: "A Call to Servi Reply with quote

From a Mr. French lackey, reviewing sKeRrY's book spawn, "A Call to Service", on Amazon. Eloquently poignant. Razz

Quote:
The writing is a bit clunky at times, weaving difficult ideas into long complex sentences, but we won't fault him for being intelligent. Plus, the man has better things to do with his time than to become a literary genius. I recommend reading in small chunks - maybe keep the book handy on the back of the toilet. It goes faster than you think it will.

How insightfully appropriate.

MarineBrat
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone at work left that trash on my key board. I opened it up to the preface and Kerry was describing the time he and McCain got to know each other. He said "in my two tours in Viet Nam." Yeah, 5 weeks on the Gridley, and 4 1/2 months the second time. That's 5 and 3/4 months. Kerry doesn't qualify for the Viet Nam Campaign Medal. You had to be there 6 months.

Aloha,
Al

Viet Nam 71/72
US Army 70/97
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: