SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking News in Ohio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Breaking News in Ohio Reply with quote

Good News! - Just on Fox news - Decision by 2 Federal judges to keep Republican election officials out of polling places where dubius ballots have been showing up is overturned. Democrats are claiming that this will intimidate voters. To you voters who are afraid to vote because the legal system is in place to keep cheating out, stay home.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That came from: 6th District Court of Appleals
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for Dems to appeal...tee hee
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins can not vote Sad

Guess this means you also have to be alive to vote Razz

Blows DNC plan of vote early vote often Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MACVJOE wrote:
Does this mean Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins can not vote Sad

Guess this means you also have to be alive to vote Razz

Blows DNC plan of vote early vote often Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

THis is AWESOME news.

Ohio has been the worry of everybody, but I am not going to let the Buckeyes control my entire nigh Wink Razz

Need some wood?!?!
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, and I was so looking forward to meeting Spiderman and Bat Man when I vote tomorrow here in Ohio. Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Democrats are claiming that this will intimidate voters.

SPLORFFFF!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

They are freakin' DELUSIONAL!

Good Lord, they have had every POSSIBLE advantage for four years, now.

With the exception of a two or three month break after 9-11, they have had our corrupt leftist media bashing and trashing on the incumbent every %$#$$# day, and since the Iowa caucuses, actively campaigning for Kerry.

It's a miracle that this President is even IN THE RUNNING after the trumped up, falsely-premised drubbing he's taken!

There are many counties in some of these swing states for which there are more registered voters than voting-age adults exist.

Michael Moore has made this big deal about fielding hundreds of video teams at polling places.

ACORN and ACT have both been found to have registered thousands of fraudulent and suspect voters in swing states.

Florida has at least 80,000 people who are registered to vote in both Florida (their winter home) and their home states.

And the DNC wants us to think that checking for ID's and residency is somehow threatening????

There is going to be a real run on Xanax, tomorrow, as the KookAde wears off.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse it will intimidate voters to have poll watchers in the polling places. Especially the dead ones. And it is proof the Republicans are trying to supress democratic vote, because it is a known fact that dead people vote democratic by a 10 to 1 margin. Shocked
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking News in Ohio Reply with quote

Tobette wrote:
Good News! - Just on Fox news - Decision by 2 Federal judges to keep Republican election officials out of polling places where dubius ballots have been showing up is overturned. Democrats are claiming that this will intimidate voters. To you voters who are afraid to vote because the legal system is in place to keep cheating out, stay home.

I didn't see that on their webiste.. I saw this

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137229,00.html

but it doesn't have a time on the story like yahoo news does.

this was at 11:08 est
[url]
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041102/ap_on_el_pr/ohio_voting&cid=694&ncid=716[/url]

do you have a link?
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw at another site that poll watchers would be allowed in Ohio. That makes sense as there have been poll watchers in Ohio for 51 years.There is another story that Tom Daschel is trying to have poll watchers removed in South Dakota.
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
I saw at another site that poll watchers would be allowed in Ohio. That makes sense as there have been poll watchers in Ohio for 51 years.There is another story that Tom Daschel is trying to have poll watchers removed in South Dakota.

link to the ohio story, please?

Last edited by PhD candidate on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD candidate wrote:
Lily wrote:

link, please?
here ya go http://daschlevthune.typepad.com/daschle_v_thune/

Ann Coulter
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudbrotherofUSSoldier wrote:
PhD candidate wrote:
Lily wrote:

link, please?
here ya go http://daschlevthune.typepad.com/daschle_v_thune/

no, I was looking for the ohio story, I edited my post for clarity. I saw the other thing.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD candidate wrote:
Lily wrote:

link to the ohio story, please?

I don't have a link but you can turn on FOX news and wait for news updates each half hour. FOX just reported the story a few minutes ago. Challengers will be allowed in Ohio and the dems are appealing to the US Supreme court.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.....

Quote:
Presidential Elections - AP

Court OKs Voter Challengers at Ohio Polls
49 minutes ago
By TERRY KINNEY, Associated Press Writer

CINCINNATI - A federal appeals court has cleared the way for challengers to be present at polling places in Ohio, ruling early Tuesday that their presence on Election Day is allowed under state law.

A three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (news - web sites) ruled 2-1 to grant emergency stays of two federal judges' orders Monday that barred political parties' voter challengers in Ohio. The judges also consolidated the two cases.

The court said that while there is a strong public interest in letting registered voters vote freely, there is also "strong public interest in permitting legitimate statutory processes to operate to preclude voting by those who are not entitled to vote."

The judges also said that smooth and effective administration of the voting laws means that the rules can't be changed in the hours immediately preceding the election.

Yahoo News - con't
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: