SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some things for everyone to consider tomorrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Some things for everyone to consider tomorrow Reply with quote

Things to consider when voting: the main issues:

1. War on Terrorism, War in Iraq. Democrats have accused the Bush administration of waging a "war of choice" in Iraq while ignoring Al Quaeda in Afghanistan, and have claimed that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and yet are now claiming that the Bush administration somehow allowed 400 tons of the explosives used in the implosion mechanisms of nuclear weapons to be "looted" after the Baathist regime fell. Nobody "loots" 400 tons of anything; those materials got hauled off to Syria in 18-wheelers. Moreover, the anthrax attacks which followed 9-11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints allover them, and
nobody needs hundreds of tons of that sort of thing to create havoc. All which was involved were a few teaspoons full. A lifetime supply of that kind of thing might easily amount to 100 pounds of it, and could easily be hidden. The question of whether Saddam Hussein had hundreds of tons ofWMDs is clearly the wrong qauestion. The questions you need to ask were did he have the motive, the financial wherewithal, the technical ability, the facilities, and the spy apparatus to play such games, and the answers to all of those kinds of questions are resounding yesses. The present strategy has kept AlQuaeda on the run and prevented any recurrance of anything like 9-11 since that time. Who would want to find out what sort of results would come from Kerry's plan for entrusting our security decisions to French, Russian, and German UN officials who were taking money from Saddam Hussein?

2. Character. John Kerry spent four months on swiftboat duty but that had to include a week and a half or so of in-country indoctrination and a month of swiftboat training; they didn't simply hand somebody the keys to a swiftboat and tell them to have at it. That says that Kerry receivedthree purple hearts in two months, more or less and that basically says that the military viewed Kerry as too flakey to have around and simply wished to be rid of him. Nobody gets three purple hearts in two or three months legitimately.

3. Health Care and Costs. Democrats like to talk about Canadian drugs as if the price of drugs were the most major problem in the cost of health care in America. There are several minor factors and one major factor in our problem with health care costs. The price of drugs is a minor factor. The major factor is out of control lawyering, and trial lawyers being the most major financial basis of the democrat party. John Edwards and his cohorts are the problem and not part of the solution to this one.

4. Energy. Democrats and environmental extremists have prevented every form of oil exploration and every form of building energy infrastructure in the United States for the last thirty years. Clinton's sealing of the low-sulfur coal region in Utah was but one example; that pulled a trillion dollars out of the US economy.

5. The Economy. George W. Bush inherited a sinking economy and has pretty much turned it around. The so-called Clinton economy was a dot-com house of cards which had started collapsing even before 9-11.

6. Education. The two most major supports of the democrat party are trial lawyers and unions representing governmentworkers, particularly the NEA. Democrats are on the wrong side of every issue involving education and the possibility of improving education, particularly home schooling and every sort of voucher program.

7. Enemies. The thing many people like best about George W. Bush is his list of enemies: virtually all terrorists, the democrat party, the UN scoundrels taking oil for food money from Saddam Hussein, the liars at CBS, the "beloved leader" of North Korea, the mad mullahs in Iran, George Soros and his band of billionaires who loot the economies of entire nations... All of those people want George W. Bush to lose.

George W. Bush had demonstrated the ability to run this country. John Kerry is plainly not qualified.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War on terrorism and war on Iraq is not two different wars.

Same war on different fronts.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that with every election the Democrats manage to find someone less desirable that their candidate from the previous election?
I shudder to think of what they will have for a candidate in 2008.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrorism is not an enemy; it is a tactic.
The enemy is radical fundamentalist Islam, but in this day of being PC nobody will own up to actually naming the enemy for fear that they might offend the enemy.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a war unlike any war we've ever been involved in. Although I feel it's about 30 years late coming, it's here and one that needs fought and won.

The big mistake made was to treat it as a law enforcement matter, not a war. Before it's over, this war will have many fronts and many battles, maybe even more than we like right here on our own streets. But, it's a war that must be fought diligently and won, not just for our own survival, but for that of what appears to be an unthankful world.

Bush didn't ask for this war, but it came to him unexpectedly and he reacted properly, seeing it as a war finally and not a matter for some policemen.

Kerry brags that he will fight this war just like he fought the VC as a young man. I shudder that that thoght. All I can envision is him meeting secretly with Bin Ladin or Zarchari, secretly, somewhere in Fallujah or elsewhere and negotiating our surrender, while we are winning.

This was thrust upon Bush and in my mind, although not handled perfectly, then again, what war ever was, he has performed much better than those before him who sought to ignore the growing menace to our world.

Lose our freedoms to radical Isalmists and what good will a stronger economy or health care do us? Their goal is to destroy us. With Bush's leadership, that will not happen.

I cannot say the same about Kerry's leadership. His record shows what a failure he would be.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W could have taken the easy way out and assured himself four more years in office. He didn't. That tells me something of the man's character. Our country is more important to him than his career. Compare that to traitor Kerry, what a difference. I liked W okay in 2000, but since 9/11 I adore the man.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Msindependent, you have hit the nail on the head!
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Why is it that with every election the Democrats manage to find someone less desirable that their candidate from the previous election?

~~~~~~~~~~
Be ready for Hillary! Need to start planning activity as soon as 2004 is settled.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb274 wrote:
Be ready for Hillary! Need to start planning activity as soon as 2004 is settled.

http://www.stophillarypac.org Wink
RA19667585
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that is missing from the Bush Administration is Aerofat hanging around the White House all the time. I remember Clinton giving a speech about Monica, I think it was the one where he confessed to having lied. Aerofat is sitting in a chair in the background. Months later when I thought back on it I wasn't sure if that was something that I really saw or if it was just something that I dreamed. It was just too weird to be real.

One thing for sure is that we know that George Bush is on our side. After watching Stolen Honor it is obvious that Kerry was on the side of the enemy.

If Kerry/Edwards really wanted to do something for the health care system, then Edwards should just give back the millions that he ripped off from it.

They keep telling us that the Republican party is the party of the rich. If that is true, how come George Soros, John Kerry, Edwards, Ted Kennedy, and most of the Hollywood elite are all Democrats? Why is it that people like John Kerry and Jane Fonda always seem to be married to the richest people that they can latch on to?

It's not your father's Olds Mobile.
Its not your father's Democrat party either.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:

That will be Hillary I am thinking.....shudder....

Twisted Evil
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:

Is that "dry humor" or "understated humor" BJ?

LOL Very Happy

An un-stated, rhetorical question. Gotta love it.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RA19667585 wrote:
One thing that is missing from the Bush Administration is Aerofat hanging around the White House all the time. I remember Clinton giving a speech about Monica, I think it was the one where he confessed to having lied. Aerofat is sitting in a chair in the background. Months later when I thought back on it I wasn't sure if that was something that I really saw or if it was just something that I dreamed. It was just too weird to be real.

One thing for sure is that we know that George Bush is on our side. After watching Stolen Honor it is obvious that Kerry was on the side of the enemy.

If Kerry/Edwards really wanted to do something for the health care system, then Edwards should just give back the millions that he ripped off from it.

They keep telling us that the Republican party is the party of the rich. If that is true, how come George Soros, John Kerry, Edwards, Ted Kennedy, and most of the Hollywood elite are all Democrats? Why is it that people like John Kerry and Jane Fonda always seem to be married to the richest people that they can latch on to?

It's not your father's Olds Mobile.
Its not your father's Democrat party either.

No kidding, RA, my dad voted straight Dem ticket back in the 60's (the real JFK) and he'd be appauled at what the Democratic Party has become now, with the homosexual lobby, the abortion lobby, the radical feminazis in it etc.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

No matter how things fall out, we've still got work to do. Just because the election is over doesn't mean that our fight is over. This thing goes far beyond SWIFTVETS. The present situation here is a "cold civil war" and it could get hot really quick if we're not careful. That's one point that has to be made again and again. It's our future we're fighting for, that and the future of our children. Wink

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:

Hillary (TFUI!) Rodham (PUKE!) Clinton Mad

Which would again mean that I will vote for whatever the Republicans nominate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: