SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FEEL?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: DOES ANYONE HAVE A FEEL? Reply with quote

I am , for the first time, find myself truly wondering what is really happening out there. I just saw McAwful on Fox swearing victory tomorrow
for Kerry and the polls say this thing is swinging Kerry's way. I know this may be pumped up bravado coming from this punk, but, does anyone have anything different?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the sickest among us will pull the handle in favor of Bin Laden, and that's what a kerry vote is.

i'm comfortable..
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP internals are in line with the real polling reported today- the REAL polling and not what you saw in the headlines.

USA Today took all the undecideds and gave 90% of them to Kerry. Done properly, it has Bush ahead.

The CBS has Bush by three.

Ohio could still take weeks to unravel because of all the dead people who are going to vote.

Much is made of the Redskin loss, but on the other hand there was an eclipse the other day and the Red Sox took the Series.

Feels pretty good. Smile
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I'm nervous, but my gut and all my instincts are telling me that GWB will win, and probably in a big way.

BUT I will also predict that the fight will not be over for GWB. This election was, I strongly believe, never about Bush and Kerry in the first place. It was about liberal ideology vs. conservative ideology. As such, even if GWB wins, the liberal press (a.k.a. CLM) will do everything they can in the next four years to bring down GWB and the conservatives he represents.
drjohn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This from Polipundit:

SURVEYUSA CORRECTION IN PENNSYLVANIA

SurveyUSA’s final poll was not 51%-47% Kerry as I reported earlier. It is only 49%-48% Kerry. President Bush is surging and surging fast in Pennsylvania. That’s why I will be working with the Bush campaign tomorrow!

The final Harris Poll has President Bush up 49%-45%.

Meanwhile President Bush is also surging in Florida and Ohio.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I admit I'm nervous, but my gut and all my instincts are telling me that GWB will win, and probably in a big way.

BUT I will also predict that the fight will not be over for GWB. This election was, I strongly believe, never about Bush and Kerry in the first place. It was about liberal ideology vs. conservative ideology. As such, even if GWB wins, the liberal press (a.k.a. CLM) will do everything they can in the next four years to bring down GWB and the conservatives he represents.

My feel is that GWB will win. Anything - repeat, anything - you hear from Dems and/or via the MSM is suspect. Think of the games the MSM played with SwiftVets. How can anyone believe their "poll results" which are reported in ways favoring their Pink Boy Kerry?

Quoting from http://www.eursoc.com/story.php/eid/294/aid/650 :

... what makes four more years of Bush a necessity is the quality of the people who would celebrate a Kerry win:

"The hordes of the bien-pensant Left in the universities and the media, the sort of liberals who tolerate everything except those who disagree with them. Secularist elites who disdain religiosity except when it comes from Muslim fanatics. Europhile Brits who drip contempt for everything their country has ever done and long for its disappearance into a Greater Europe.Absurd, isolationist conservatives in America and Britain who think the struggles for freedom are always someone else’s fight. Hollywood sybarites and narcissists, self-appointed arbiters of a nation’s morals.

"Soft-headed Europeans who think engagement and dialogue with mass murderers is the way to achieve lasting peace. French intellectuals for whom nothing has gone right in the world since 1789.

"The United Nations, which, if it had its multilateral way, would still be faithfully minding a world in which half the population lived under or in fear of Soviet aggression. Most of Belgium.

"Above all, of course, Middle Eastern militants. If your bitterest enemies are the sort of people who hack the heads off unarmed, innocent civilians, then I would say you are probably doing something right.

"This may sound petty. It is not. This constellation of individuals, parties and institutions has very little in common other than the fact that it has contrived to be wrong on just about every important issue of my adult lifetime."

-- FDL
drjohn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Real Clear Politics

RCP Average 10/27-10/31 48.4% 46.9% 0.9% Bush +1.5

That's all it takes. This is the average of all the polls.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the media even Fox is in the toilet not for kerry necessaraly, but for the election being close so they have a good story. This is why CBS has Bush up 3 and Fox has kerry up 3. The whole media stinks. Fox just has not decayed enough to start smelling yet. Pray everyone, Pray for our country, our children and grandkids.
schmidtwi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One large conservative faction that will be out in force tomorrow are the evangelicals, of which over 4 million didn't vote in 2000 or during the Slickster years.

Another good indicator is where the candidates ended up campaigning most. Bush was on the attack in at least 8 left-leaning states.

Bush will win 51 - 46, with 314 EVs.

Go W!
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm getting nervous. I'm staying optimistic that Bush will win but I've got a feeling the Dems are going to try to hijack this anyway they can including lawsuits, voter fraud, etc.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay let me try:

1)Gender - Gore had 14 point advantage Kerry has 3
2)Black vote - Gore had 90 points Kerry has 69. Bush had 9 points in 2000 now has 18 points
3)25 million evangelicals did not vote in 2000. With the possibility of 4 Supreme Court appointees on the line Jerry Farwell has made it very clear to a couple of thousand congregations what the implications are.
4)Youth vote - this is what the Dems are praying for. Joe Scarborough just reminded tonight's panel about the disapointment of the young vote. It goes like this: three hours in line to vote or Sue Ann wants to know if I'm coming over.
5)Rally crowd sizes - I don't know about you but Bush has been having rallies in stadiums and Kerry has been having his in gymnasiums.
6)Hispanic vote - typically this has been 80/20 Dem but if New Mexico is a gauge then the highly respected Alberquerqe poll has it 59/32 Dems.
7)Despite Dems claims that Repubs were using 30,000 attorneys to harrass voters the higher courts are continuing to overrule lower courts who want to deviate from the law. Courts are permitting the valid challenges when voter fraud is shown to be present. In other words, we ain't getting steamrolled.
CoolI say Bush wins 327 to 211
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pour la surprise l'aide viendra de l'ouest.

Yeah...so what? I speak French but I'm no Kerry.

SWC
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gut is done, gone, lost......

a couple of days ago it told me gw in a landslide.
today all i've heard is the polls leaning towards kerry....
aaarrrggghhhhhh.
i'm sticking with the 'days ago' gut.
because i must, or lose what's left of my sanity.
gw in a landslide.
redskins lost.......?? LOL
i love the 'eclipse' bit......... Laughing
(okay, so the sanity wasn't there to begin with.... hehehe)
i'm rambling,
this too shall pass....
bush will win.
Lord, i can hardly hold on til this is over.
let it be over.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberal Mecca of Hawaii moved 20 points to the right to a virtual dead heat.
I think the rest of the Country has moved as well to the right.

I don't see Bush losing many votes he earned in 2000, I see him gaining much more.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About two weeks ago, a peaceful feeling came over me. I truly felt that GWB was going to win. I don't think it will be close either, but no landslide. I felt then, and I'll repeat it, GWB with 53% of the popular vote. Very Happy

Make sure you go a vote tomorrow!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: