SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tales from your polling place? PLEASE Post here
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Tales from your polling place? PLEASE Post here Reply with quote

17th person in line to vote. By 7 am there were approximately 100 people in line. They were taking 20 at a time. Took 10 minutes to vote.

Observation: Not a single person in line 25 years or younger.

I have been watching the tv as they show pictures of people waiting in lines. No young people. It's either too early or the turnout will be consistent with the past.

Admin note:

To The Forum: As you can already see, this forum is going to be EXTREMELY active. Please help us to insure maximum viewability for EVERYONE'S comments by carefully considering utilizing already ongoing topics before starting a NEW topic.

As profound as your comment might be, there's a good chance that there's already a suitable topic to post it to. Wink

Thanks in advance for EVERYONE'S cooperation

Moderator Note: Changed Topic Title and request all personal "I Voted" Comments be placed here. Thankyou in advance.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben: Did you make up your mind who to vote for? JUST KIDDING. CTW

Never Ever Kerry...Forever
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of kids 18+ go to school today. they may show up after 5pm
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Just voted - Jacksonville Beach, FL Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:
17th person in line to vote. By 7 am there were approximately 100 people in line. They were taking 20 at a time. Took 10 minutes to vote.

Observation: Not a single person in line 25 years or younger.

I have been watching the tv as they show pictures of people waiting in lines. No young people. It's either too early or the turnout will be consistent with the past.

The 25 and Younger crowd was just going to bed when you were in line to vote. I look at my 20 year olds cell phone bill (she's in college in another state) and am amazed at the calls between midnight and 4:30 AM, then silence until about 3PM. And her grades reflect those hours. Youth...That is why The Kerry Camp was trying to get them to follow them to the early polling place, they know they are more committed to their social life than to voting.
armyairbournebrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't count on all young people to vote for Kerry. My daughter is 18 and most of the kids old enough to vote from my daughter's physics class are voting bush today!!
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armyairbournebrat wrote:
They can't count on all young people to vote for Kerry. My daughter is 18 and most of the kids old enough to vote from my daughter's physics class are voting bush today!!

I agree. My daughter was surprised that we thought Kerry had a chance of winning because she said the vast majority of everyone she runs into at the University of Tennessee had already voted absentee for Bush. She says that students her age are so tired of the Professors cramming the Left agenda down their throats instead of teaching that it has turned them against the Democrats.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done any official survey in the class I teach, but the few students I'm aware of are all very pro-Bush. This is in Lousiana, so that's not a surprise, though.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this to be a fascinating dynamic. The progeny of those hippies who never came to terms with becoming responsible adults, adults who hold themselves and others accountable for their actions day to day( see John Kerry/peter yarrow by example), These kids are going thru the same rebellion against their parents most all young adults do.

Today these kids are growing up in many instances before their parents do. They seem to have a better grasp on the BS fed them by the MSM. Yes many of these kids are staunch Bush supporters.... and as Anne Coulter pointed out while describing the theatrical fiasco the Democratic convention was, the Bush supporters have most all the really good looking ladies.

I do hope for a substantial swing for bush.

My guess is 6-12% more votes for GWB than in the 2000 fiasco.

If the DNC decides to litigate extensively yet again, I for one will personally make sure they regret assaulting my electoral process.
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Voting Reply with quote

A friend sent me this funny notice.

Quote:
NEWS FLASH

Please remember that, because of the high turnout expected at the polls this year, people voting for Bush will be voting on Tuesday, November 2nd, and people voting for Kerry will be voting on Wednesday, November 3rd.

Be sure to remind your friends.

If we send it to CBS news do you think they will announce it as valid --- they aren't real good about checking things out?

*chuckle*

mdcrandall
Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just voted in Lilburn, GA. I'm used to walking in and walking out, even during Presidential elections. Had to wait about 20 minutes, however they had added a bunch of voters to our precinct so that made it a little worse. They said this morning it was about 1 1/2 hour wait.

There were two kids 18-20 with body piercings, died jet black hair, slobs. I guess they aren't voting for Bush. Then my next door neighbor 18 dressed in uniform, he's attending military college. He canceled one of their votes and my daughter's absentee vote canceled the other. My 18 year old neighbor was a delight to look at, especially with his 7 Pro Bush Bumber stickers. I have faith in the youth of this country!
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about the college votes. My daughter graduated almost 2 yrs. ago and she says most of her friends can't stand Kerry. My son is in college now and some of his friends have enlisted and left college. Most of the ones he knows are voting Bush. And most importantly, my husband and I and fastrock went to Ohio State weekend before last (fastrock went there this weekend too and has a thread about it on GeeDunk) and these kids seem to be mostly pro-bush. Three or four frat houses that we saw have big Bush/Cheney 04 signs hanging there. This is also the place where people like Martin Sheen, Kevin Bacon went door to door and signed this kids up to register and are counting on them to vote for Kerry. They didn't like those guys and are either not voting or are voting for Bush. I have faith in our youth. There are more of the good ones than the bad ones. Also at my son's college, they brought in Jerry Springer, MTV, Real World, and Road Rules and while the kids liked the attention and the free entertainment, they are holding their own on where they actually stand.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Frat houses for Bush? Reply with quote

If the frat houses are going for Bush, that's sKerry for Kerry!

When I was in college (1974-7Cool, the frat houses were the most liberal, but maybe Animal House is a thing of the past these days...even though Kerry never outgrew it!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cast my vote at 0645 EST today!! On my way home there was a boy of about 11 or 12 holding a cardboard sign "Honk for Bush/Cheney".
Liberal Mass, may not be so liberal afterall!
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I went to our polling place just after the pre-work crowd left and just before the kids-off-to-school parents arrived. We expected to have to park a half mile away and wait in line for 2 hours as that's what the newspaper warned us of. Instead, we got a place to park near the door, walked right in, voted, walked out. We were not asked for ID but did have to 'sign in'.

TWO MORE VOTES FOR BUSH Smile Smile
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I went to early voting here in Texas back in October. Stood in line for an hour and a half. We all voted Bush.

Maria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: