SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tales from your polling place? PLEASE Post here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WVRepublican
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a sawed off little shrimp of a man PUT HIS HAND ON MY CHEST! when I walked in wearing my BC-04 shirt! I politely told him that if he didn't move it, I hoped Terry Mcawful would pay his hospital bill. He stepped aside, and I voted. There was, however, this 80+ year old gentleman behind me that told me how the local DNC gave him breakfast and then drove him to the polling place. Kicker is, he was voting for Bush! He said "Screw them commie hippies, Kerry's old lady can pay for my breakfast, I'm votin for Bush" Gotta love the seniors! Very Happy
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WVRepublican

Had a sawed off little shrimp of a man PUT HIS HAND ON MY CHEST! when I walked in wearing my BC-04 shirt! I politely told him that if he didn't move it

If he actually touched you this may be a criminal misdemeanor. The crime would be either assault or battery depending on the state statute.
usmcwifeusafbrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my parents who reside in PCB Florida:

My mom voted earlier with my sister last Thursday, my dad voted today. Had no problems at the polls either time. The Republicans are pushing the get out to vote in this key state. They received a call (taped) from the President urging them to get out to vote yesterday.
Today they received calls (taped) from Laura Bush, Rudy Guilliani, a nationally know minister all positive and reinforcing the need to get out and vote. Great to see the Republicans aren't dropping the ball even though the reside in a heavy Republican area.

Here in Selma (NE San Antonio), husband went in Uniform with myself and our young two kids to vote during lunch. Absolutely no line and no problems. Our four year old announced to the poll workers that he wanted to re-elect the President too.

Cousin in North Plano area just beat the lines around 3:30. Lots of support for Bush out there.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Va my mom said she heard on the radio that a man went to vote. There were EMS vehicles blocking the entrance to the precinct. The man started to go to work and went 2 blocks but then said Hell no! He went back and drove up over the grass and up to the building. They had someone saying a person had twisted their ankle. The EMS told him, he shouldn't drive up there and he let them have it. He told them You should have your vehicles out of the way and you should carry that faker to the vehicle. You will not stop me from voting for President Bush! He went in and voted. CTW
WVRepublican
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your insight 1AD, I shoulda looked into it, but at 6'4" and 290 lbs, it was a treat to see the look of fear on his face. BTW, he wasn't a poll worker, just another voter. I am VERY happy to have cancelled his vote. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WVRepublican wrote:
There was, however, this 80+ year old gentleman behind me that told me how the local DNC gave him breakfast and then drove him to the polling place. Kicker is, he was voting for Bush! He said "Screw them commie hippies, Kerry's old lady can pay for my breakfast, I'm votin for Bush" Gotta love the seniors! :D

WVRepublican:

I hope you shook that man's hand - for all of us!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Hubbie voted early this morning, so I was going to head over to my precinct to vote before lunch...but found this note on the back door:

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL I GET HOME! signed by my very astute 9 year old daughter.

She's listened to me rant about Kerry and the Swifties for weeks now. She's holding her own in the classroom discussions (in a very DFL *the Minnesota term for democratic party* school).

Think I'll wait to vote until after school's out, don'cha think! Very Happy

We wnt about 3:30 - and NO LINE. Could not believe it. The precinct workers said it was very busy early on - and they expected big crowds later today.

The machine that sucks in your ballet when finished (we mark a big optical scan card with a pen) had a total of a little over 900, which is good numbers for that precinct.

My daughter wanted to fill in the circle, so I let her do that - and then I filled it in on top of hers. We looked at each other and grinned Very Happy

"2" for Bush - one in spirit and one in the flesh. She was so excited to help vote - and I was so proud, once again, to be an American.
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife voted at 6 AM, I went in at 7 AM my daughter voted absentee

3 for Bush. the lines in my precinct were about 15 minutes for L-Z and none for A-K, weird. About the same as past elections, except the no A-K voters. i was about number 270, hard to tell becasue the two lines were keeping count seperate. The prceint has about 1800 so a good start one hour in.

the area is pretty heavy republican so even tho there were some Kerry people outside it was very calm. Even the die hard Kerry supports gave uyp on Virginia a while ago.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Wisconsin!!!!! Reply with quote

What madness!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a poll runner from 12-5 today.. and let me tell you.. those dem-lawyers Evil or Very Mad They were out in full force. The election officials were using college directories to verify student addresses!!!!! And even after the State Election 'guy' sent out a message with an assembly person, they STILL used the directories! MoveOn was set up within 20 feet of the polling area. Since they're 'non-partisan' they got to stay there! ARRRGH! THEN, the New Voter's Project kids were right out asking people their names when they came out the door from voting! That's a big no-no, they can listen, they CANNOT ask.

It's craziness here in 'Sconie, but I've got a good feeling about W.

God help us all and keep praying!

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving 10 polling places today in Irving, Texas. I will only address one of them, even though there are stories from a couple of others. I was suppose to be driving around and replacing torn down signs and checking with the greeters to make sure everything was ok. Well, a Martin Frost person was too close to the polling place and we reported it to one of the election judges. They made him move. He started harrassing the Sessions person who happened to be a woman. He came over and started to ask where she lived and her address and getting really creepy. I called the Frost campaign and told them to tell that guy to back off from the greeter or tne next phone call would be to 911. He backed off and to top it off Sessions just happen to be out there with all the TV cameras and got all the media glory and that was just a coincidence that it ended up at the same place.
difficultfish
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Illinois and Florida Reply with quote

I voted at 7:10 am this morning in a suburb of Chicago (Cook County). Waited about 15 minutes. My husband was 74 and I was 75. Small line when we left. No troubles here. By the way, I have seen many more Bush/Cheney signs than Kerry including 2 almost billboard size signs for Bush/Cheney.

My sister voted around 7:00 pm in Longwood Florida (Seminole County near Orlando). Waited about 15 minutes. Said on her way to work this morning she saw Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards people holding signs all along a major road. However, when she returned from work this evening only the Bush/Cheney people (the same people!) were still there.

Other men see only a hopeless end, but the Christian rejoices in an endless hope...Gilbert Brenken
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old guy story is classic. We laughed our collective rear ends off on that one.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB: I love the stories about you and your daughter. Just love it. Tell her we all said 'WAY TO GO' What a cutie.

Okay, here is my little story. Had about a 35 minute wait at the poll. I do not know if that is normal, because I have never lived anywhere long enough to tell what normal is. But when we were waiting in line a lady said to me, "I will be so glad when this is over" And I said, "yeah, its been nasty." And this man says, "If it will be over tonight--probably THE LAWYERS will have it tied up for months." And so I said, "I HATE LAWYERS" and he said, "ME TOO" and every person standing in line all said "YEAH, we HATE lawyers." So I said, " Kerry and Edwards are lawyers" and they all said "YEAH. We HATE Lawyers!!" And then we all laughed.

Then the precinct judge came out and said, "You all have to be quiet. Oh, hey Kimmymac. So that's what all the laughing is about. Kimmymac, please behave."

Then it was my turn to vote, so I turned to everyone and said, "Okay now. Y'all BEHAVE look good lawyer hating Americans, now." And then the judge said "KIMMYMAC!" like he was getting kinda mad. Twisted Evil

So I had to go.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: