SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: I need answers Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the names of the swifties that stood on stage with Kerry during the Reinvention Convention? Who are they, what are their names and how do they connect with Kerry. Did all of them serve on his boat? Who was with him when he claims to have committed atrocities? What were their ranks?

Also, are they being paid by the DNC to appear with Kerry? Are they getting a salary or just having their expenses covered? Did the DNC contact them or did they contact the Kerry campaign?

I have just had a Marine ask me these questions. This Marine lost the total use of his right hand and for that got a purple heart. I also had a USA medic tell me that as a medic he had to fill out reports and be questioned as to the nature of an injury when a purple heart was recommended. Where are the reports of Kerry's injuries from the purple hearts? Who filled them out? Are those medics behind Kerry?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking only to the 'are they paid' question...

I'm listening to an interview by Bob Elder & Steve Gardner on the Alan Nathan radio show as I type this - gist-- at least some are on Kerry's payroll, per public campaign records.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

To the forum:

Please be extremely judicious in addressing the subject of Kerry support among his coterie of veterans. While we may disagree with the judgement that lead them to this support, it is their right, as free Americans, to express that support in a manner in which they deem appropriate.

The focus of this forum is our strongly-held conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as CIC. Let's leave motivation and character "exploration" of Kerry's supporters outside of this forum.

Thank you,

Admin
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not my intention to smear these men even if they are on Kerry's payroll. That is their choice.
I simply wanted (basically) to know who they were. There seems to be too many of them on the podium to have served in one small boat. I also wondered how many of them were volunteers to campaign with Kerry and how many may have been recruited because they were registered Democrats.
I honor all those who served. But just as the Swift Vets will be slandered for their new (and great, I might add) ad, I wondered what these men may have as motivation.
Does it matter to me what John Kerry did in Vietnam? Yes, but only to the point that I think it determines his measure as a man. Am I more pissed about what he did when he came home? Damn straight I am. I remember my brother leaving ship in civies because he did not want to be called "baby killer" in front of my mom.
It is my hope that if nothing else comes out of this, the truth will. That Kerry will finally be required to name names of those he said told him that his fellow G.I.'s committed atrocities. That he will finally be required to back up his claims and that the Vietnam Vets will finally be given the honor and respect they are due. And that ALL of Kerry's records will be released.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retire05 said There seems to be too many of them on the podium to have served in one small boat.

JN173 indicated in another thread that Kerry skippered more than one boat, and that the swiftees at the convention may also have been from more than one boat. So you're probably right, there were too many to have all come from one boat. Perhaps JN173 will be along later and can provide some more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: