SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Wore My Medals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from the Geedunk thread:

Was a polling judge at my local district and wore a ball-cap with ESWS and ribbons.

I got nods and a twinkle from a few and big smiles from older Viet Namese.

Mostly, I was disgusted with the countless and clueless, tatooed slobs decorated with retail versions of vet this, 'Nam that. They never knew what they were looking at, couldn't give straight answers on unit and were vague on where they were stationed. Ripped from the pages of Burkett's "Stolen Valor" these biker wannabes typically were accompanied by their calorically challenged 'Mommas' and left with her driving an aging smoke belcher. In most cases they're documentation was too screwed up for anything but a 'provisional' ballot.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
...I wore my medals...

Thanks from me too, and for wearing some for me. I never received any medals but would have worn them if I had them.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although too late for the election, those that weren't awarded medals can also wear old unit patches or anything related to their service. All of my old uniforms and patches and such were lost (ex-wife gave them away when I was at work long ago). I looked on eBay and found brand new patches still in their packages relatively cheap.

Online you can find and order patches, ranks, medals, almost anything you wish. I feel they are worth a few bucks to have them to wear and show the nation you served, regardless of when.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, great signature line
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: