SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE HEROES GET THEIR PARADE!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEckert
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
To Hell with any street prade, diddy-bopping down 6th Avenue. 30 years too late and even now not meant by to many.
But no sweat. This is the parade I want, that matters to me. Right here and now. The respect, appreciation and gratitude of my peers, comrades and colleagues, and of some absolutely fantastic women of various ages who stood by, and are now standing by their men. Compared to the genuine apprecaition here, any other parade or thanks pales in significance.

Now excuse me while I go mop my eyes a little. No. Its only allergies. really, I swear. I'm hardcore

I guess I have the same allergies.

You deserve all the appreciation you are getting from us here times a thousand. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

To all veterans: Thank You!
ArrMatey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You pledged your lives, your fortunes, and your sacred honor, and lived up to it.
BMG Mike
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Well Done - but it isn't over Reply with quote

My heartfelt thanks to all of the Veterans who I never did properly welcome home, and to those relatively few that I did. Your parade is overdue and well-earned. Remember this day, and the days that led up to it, proudly!

Swiftees, stand down, but keep your powder dry.

The victory that was won this November 2 is but one battle in the struggle to preserve liberty in this nation. It may not even be the last battle of the Vietnam war. JFnK is but a symptom of a larger problem. We must always be vigilant to detect and stand ready to combat threats to our way of life. The threat ain't going to go away anytime soon, folks.

I'm not talking about OBL or other foreign threats. I'm talking about misguided Americans who seek to impose a "better way", offering utopian promises that are destined to be broken. JFnK is such a man, and he has many fellow-travelers.

The DOI proclaims our equality before God, and His individual gift of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Any system which alters any of those proclamations is incompatible with America as I know it. We took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. I do not remember there being an end date to that commitment.

Our kids and grandkids need to become infused with the same sense of patriotism and selflessness that you have displayed. They will be the ones which fill your shoes in the endless struggle to defend liberty. You and I are the only ones who can tackle that task. By God's grace, we will succeed.

Semper Vigilans

Mike
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home and thank you for your service to our great country. God Bless you!!

Zell Miller
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Well Done - but it isn't over Reply with quote

BMG Mike wrote:
My heartfelt thanks to all of the Veterans who I never did properly welcome home, and to those relatively few that I did. Your parade is overdue and well-earned. Remember this day, and the days that led up to it, proudly!

Swiftees, stand down, but keep your powder dry.

The victory that was won this November 2 is but one battle in the struggle to preserve liberty in this nation. It may not even be the last battle of the Vietnam war. JFnK is but a symptom of a larger problem. We must always be vigilant to detect and stand ready to combat threats to our way of life. The threat ain't going to go away anytime soon, folks.

I'm not talking about OBL or other foreign threats. I'm talking about misguided Americans who seek to impose a "better way", offering utopian promises that are destined to be broken. JFnK is such a man, and he has many fellow-travelers.

The DOI proclaims our equality before God, and His individual gift of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Any system which alters any of those proclamations is incompatible with America as I know it. We took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. I do not remember there being an end date to that commitment.

Our kids and grandkids need to become infused with the same sense of patriotism and selflessness that you have displayed. They will be the ones which fill your shoes in the endless struggle to defend liberty. You and I are the only ones who can tackle that task. By God's grace, we will succeed.

Semper Vigilans

Mike

You make many good points here - first let me just add my heartfelt thanks again to the Swifties, POWs and all Vietnam vets everywhere - and all veterans...we a grateful people applaud, appreciate and honor you...we recognize what you have done and what you have sacrificed, stood for and stand for!

"The victory that was won this November 2 is but one battle in the struggle to preserve liberty in this nation. It may not even be the last battle of the Vietnam war. "

This is so true - as much as anything else - even today as we've seen from Imus lunatic frothing rantings and leftist's calls to impeach Bush (ludicrous and assasnine as this is - this is a fight against the misinformation of the MSM - they were one of the primary causes of the revisionist history that was created during the 60s and subsequent to it re: the Vietnam War and the US military, it's purposes and mission(s). They impugned and tried not only all the vets from that War but also the very purposes of the USA. That anti-US agenda, of course, maintains and feeds upon itself through the rantings and lunacy of people like Moore, Soros, many current German and French leaders, etc.

Our battle to reclaim the Vietnam era history and honor for our troops and our nation goes on. Long live freedom loving people and the United States of America!

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all the Vietnam Veterans , who have served our country well, only to return to have intense disrespect heaped upon you by your own countrymen and women. Finally, the truth has been revealed for all to see. I love my country but without all of you, who have defended it, those words, "the United States of America" would cease to have meaning. I am SO VERY humbly grateful for all of your sacrifice. I wish I could convey to you how important each and every one of you are to me and my family--the feeling runs very deep for me. I am in constant awe, not because I think you are super-human--but because you are ordinary human beings who have answered the call for extraordinary action, and you DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!! You, by far, exceeded anybody's expectations!
Thank you so very much!!

~ILuvTheUsa
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Submitted for your approval, going to try and get it seen. Reply with quote

Our veterans homecoming, long overdue.
Written by Lorelei Wxxxxxxx
November 3, 2004

Thirty some odd years ago there were young men fighting alone in a jungle thousands of miles away, trying to bring freedom to a country that was oppressed. They gave their hearts and souls to that fight, these were children of America. Husbands to Liberty. Fathers of the future.

I was only a young girl then, a babe in arms when horrible images came across the airwaves. No, I'm not speaking of the glorified images you see in cinema. Or the so called fact finding reports that the news gleefully reported. I'm not speaking of inhumanity overseas, I'm speaking of inhumanity here at home.

There were no ticker tape parades for these brave young men. No crowds screaming their names in happiness and welcome when they came back. There was no gratitude to warm them when memories became too harsh, no peace for them knowing they had no choice but to abandon those they went to free. No empathy for those whose plight included tortures at the hands of the oppressors. Honor was stripped from them as harshly as if they were skinned alive, by people who couldn't understand their dedication to their country and why defending those who can't defend themselves was so important. Not knowing that shackles of fear and isolation, are harder than the strongest steel.

America abandoned them, as surely as they were ordered to abandon their mission.

The bravery of these young men is astounding, because the war didn't end for them there. It continued on the home front. Day in and out, dawn till dusk.

These young men aren't so young anymore, many have hair touched with silver. Most have gone on with their lives showing a strength beyond that we could ever expect. Still, every few years I can imagine it becomes raw when movies come out that become box office hits playing on the twisted lies that were perpetrated, ignoring the sacrifice they made. Books describing in lurid detail the horrors they were accused of committing. Yet they could still hold their heads up high, because they knew the truth and knew somehow they would be vindicated.

That time had come for them at last. From all corners of our nation these brave young men have come together once more, much wiser and experienced. Their stories are being told in homes, coffee shops, in chat rooms and over luncheons. They are being shown on television, read in books, talked about on the radio. Although again when they spoke vultures flew down and tried to silence them, it was to no avail. After decades of staying silent, the pot was on a full boil.

After being victims of history writers for so many years their voices are finally being heard. This time the people cried out for truth, truth is what they received. Now instead of being the subject, they are the authors. They have made a permanent place in history, restored their honor, shown their bravery once again.

All the ticker tape, confetti or balloons in the world could not fill the parade these men deserve.

America welcomes you home, our veterans of Viet Nam.

(Submitted for your approval, going to try and get it seen.)
JEckert
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing it.

To all veterans: Thank You!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful thread! Such terrific people have gathered here - talented, intelligent and compassionate people! We all share a love of our country, and a deep respect for those that serve and also for the office of the Presidency.
Thank you Swiftvets and POWs, and thank you God for pointing us all to a place to come together to ease our fears and to build our strength to stand up and fight for all these things. God Bless!
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swift Vets and POWs For Truth got the ball rolling, but there are so many others who also deserve credit for accomplishing Mission #1. Just check out the member list.

I've been humming It's A Beautiful Mornin' (Rascals?) all day, and it's all your fault. The small army that posts here is just the tip of the spear. There are several thousands more who watch this site who were energized and mobilized to help with this effort. I can't remember the last time I felt this proud.

Thank you Swifties, POWs, Admins, Moderators, and all of my new 'friends' who made this possible.

BZ
Well Done
CommDog Out and Monitoring
/CD

(PS: NavyChief - waiting for further orders.)
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Submitted for your approval, going to try and get it see Reply with quote

Poposwife_Retiredarmywife wrote:
Our veterans homecoming, long overdue.
Written by Lorelei Wxxxxxxx
November 3, 2004

Thirty some odd years ago there were young men fighting alone in a jungle thousands of miles away, trying to bring freedom to a country that was oppressed. They gave their hearts and souls to that fight, these were children of America. Husbands to Liberty. Fathers of the future.

I was only a young girl then, a babe in arms when horrible images came across the airwaves. No, I'm not speaking of the glorified images you see in cinema. Or the so called fact finding reports that the news gleefully reported. I'm not speaking of inhumanity overseas, I'm speaking of inhumanity here at home.

There were no ticker tape parades for these brave young men. No crowds screaming their names in happiness and welcome when they came back. There was no gratitude to warm them when memories became too harsh, no peace for them knowing they had no choice but to abandon those they went to free. No empathy for those whose plight included tortures at the hands of the oppressors. Honor was stripped from them as harshly as if they were skinned alive, by people who couldn't understand their dedication to their country and why defending those who can't defend themselves was so important. Not knowing that shackles of fear and isolation, are harder than the strongest steel.

America abandoned them, as surely as they were ordered to abandon their mission.

The bravery of these young men is astounding, because the war didn't end for them there. It continued on the home front. Day in and out, dawn till dusk.

These young men aren't so young anymore, many have hair touched with silver. Most have gone on with their lives showing a strength beyond that we could ever expect. Still, every few years I can imagine it becomes raw when movies come out that become box office hits playing on the twisted lies that were perpetrated, ignoring the sacrifice they made. Books describing in lurid detail the horrors they were accused of committing. Yet they could still hold their heads up high, because they knew the truth and knew somehow they would be vindicated.

That time had come for them at last. From all corners of our nation these brave young men have come together once more, much wiser and experienced. Their stories are being told in homes, coffee shops, in chat rooms and over luncheons. They are being shown on television, read in books, talked about on the radio. Although again when they spoke vultures flew down and tried to silence them, it was to no avail. After decades of staying silent, the pot was on a full boil.

After being victims of history writers for so many years their voices are finally being heard. This time the people cried out for truth, truth is what they received. Now instead of being the subject, they are the authors. They have made a permanent place in history, restored their honor, shown their bravery once again.

All the ticker tape, confetti or balloons in the world could not fill the parade these men deserve.

America welcomes you home, our veterans of Viet Nam.

(Submitted for your approval, going to try and get it seen.)

Thank you, from a tired angry old vet. I'll be posting part of this on my blog and providing a link here for the rest of it.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history books will tell the tale of the Veterans who returned from a war with no parade, no monument for years, but still confident that they had done the right thing, no matter what others said. And while they were too honorable to ask aloud "Why?" Lady Liberty whispered in their ear, "Don't go far, I'm not through with you yet."

And when our country needed their help the most, Lady Liberty whispered, "Now" and they rushed to the aide of their fellow Americans. Armed, not with guns and boats this time, but with pens, computers and memories. They sacrificed their time and their money, their sleep to demonstrate to America how to stand up for truth and character.

They took on a coward who disguised himself as a man, the same coward who had stained their honorable image many years ago with the lies he told. The also took on the media who had believed this man, repeated his lies and helped to rob these veterans of the glory they deserved.

And through their courage, they saved this great nation from the liar and his pack of wolves called the media. And they saved the nation from a mistake which would have been the beginning of the end of the principles this nation was founded on. And they paraded as one as they elevated Lady Liberty to her perch for all the world to see. Now that they understood, their purpose in history and time, the victory parade was twice as sweet as it would have been those many years ago. History will tell this tale of heroism for all to hear and learn for hundreds of years.

From myself, my children, my future grandchildren, my future great grandchildren and all my ancestors, Thank you for saving the election for the people of this great nation!

Last edited by Roon on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
The history books will tell the tale of the Veterans who returned from a war with no parade, no monument for years, but still confident that they had done the right thing, no matter what others said. And while they were to honorable to ask aloud "Why?" Lady Liberty whispered in their ear, "Don't go far, I'm not through with you yet."

And when our country needed their help the most, Lady Liberty whispered, "Now" and they rushed to the aide of their fellow Americans. Armed, not with guns and boats this time, but with pens, computers and memories. They sacrificed their time and their money, their sleep to demonstrate to America how to stand up for truth and character.

They took on a coward who disguised himself as a man, the same coward who had stained their honorable image many years ago with the lies he told. The also took on the media who had believed this man, repeated his lies and helped to rob these veterans of the glory they deserved.

And through their courage, they saved this great nation from the liar and his pack of wolves called the media. And they saved the nation from a mistake which would have been the beginning of the end of the principles this nation was founded on. And they paraded as one as they elevated Lady Liberty to her perch for all the world to see. Now that they understood, their purpose in history and time, the victory parade was twice as sweet as it would have been those many years ago. History will tell this tale of heroism for all to hear and learn for hundreds of years.

From myself, my children, my future grandchildren, my future great grandchildren and all my ancestors, Thank you for saving the election for the people of this great nation!

My blog's writing itself tonight. BethC, DMack, I assume you'll also help get some of this out.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon, that is one of the most acutely beautiful things I've ever seen on this board.

Or any other, for that matter.

Could you copy it as a separate post in the Thank You Swiftees forum? In case any of them are printing things for their scrapbooks to hand on to their children and grandchildren.

Poposwife_Retiredarmywife, same for your post - I should have read the whole thread before I posted. Embarassed

Thanks!
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Roon, that is one of the most acutely beautiful things I've ever seen on this board.

Or any other, for that matter.

Could you copy it as a separate post in the Thank You Swiftees forum? In case any of them are printing things for their scrapbooks to hand on to their children and grandchildren.

Poposwife_Retiredarmywife, same for your post - I should have read the whole thread before I posted. :oops:

Thanks!

Thank you, and I was afraid it was pure corn!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: