SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reactions to the Swiftees' ad?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reactions to the Swiftees' ad? Reply with quote

Mine is an overwhelming sense of gratitude to some brave patriots who have, once again, gone in harm's way...this time to defend their beloved country from this despicable charlatan.

Gawd I'm proud of those guys.....

Quote:

Thank you for contributing to the support of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
This email is your receipt for your contribution of $100.00

Shameless Plug

Launch a mission here....

Provisioning

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am dying to see it. Have Fox on now waiting for H&C's to be aired again.......
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Your reaction to the Swiftees ad? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Mine is an overwhelming sense of gratitude to some brave patriots who have, once again, gone in harm's way to defend their beloved country from this despicable charlatan.

Gawd I'm proud of those guys.....

Quote:

Thank you for contributing to the support of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
This email is your receipt for your contribution of $100.00

Jay,

The Truth Will Out!

I'm contributing another $500 on top of my original $500.

Anyone want to raise me.? If not give what you can!

Every dollar will count in showing the Ad in the battleground states.

Tom
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
I am dying to see it. Have Fox on now waiting for H&C's to be aired again.......

Just head to www.swiftvets.com...it's now the opening intro...ENJOY!
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grateful too that you are veterans are going above and beyond the call of duty to do this. The ad seems very effective, and should do some damage to Kerry's campaign. The ad is coming out at just the right time too, right after the Dem convention so Kerry can't counter it as effectively.

However, I am still terrified that Kerry will win the election. The polls are too close for comfort right now. Very shortly, the Iranians will have nukes and Kerry is completely incapable of dealing with the Iranians. It will be like Carter's presidency again, and I don't want to have to live through something like that again, but this time with nuclear-armed mullahs.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's outstanding! Well put together and makes the points without the "bludgeoning" factor that you see in some ads.

WAY TO GO, SWIFTS!

And I can't wait for that book to get here - I have it preordered from two places and I'm thinking of calling the local Barnes & Noble to reserve one for me, too... covering my bases! Smile
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You men are to be commended. This is the best spot I've seen this election cycle, and the Kerry campaign won't be able to ignore it because it is so well done.

The commercial is accurate, devastating and above all effective. Usually such a well-crafted political commercial doesn't come across as completely on the level. Because this spot rings with truth, this commercial's high production value only enhances it authenticity. This rarely, if ever, happens. This could have backfired but, because there isn't a false note in the commercial, it works. It is a tribute to your organization.

I'll stop gushing now. Good work.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw part of it on Hannity & Colmes and saw it all on Drudge. I really like the way they all spoke their minds.

I liked it even more when I "visited" DU tonight and saw them up in arms and worried a little about it. Laughing
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy about it I may not sleep tonight. It is all over www.lucianne.com with people wanting to make contributions, and saying very nice things about what you have done. I'm contributing small amounts, and wish it could be a lot more.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding job swiftvets!
I to will be sending a donation to keep that add running over and over and over.
Yesterday was the first time I had ever been to **.
Someone at www.grunt.com had pointed the site out. I was appalled at their hatred of this great country and the depths in which they were willing to go to see Kerry elected.
Their disdain for the military and the men and women fighting for this amazing country literally made me sick.
Thank you once again for your courage and your willingness to speak the truth. My worst fear is that my new Marine son will serve under this scoop shovel.
Please email this site and the video to everyone you know. Make sure that everyone has the opportunity to here the truth.
Call your bookstore and tell them you are coming and to have a copy of that book ready and upfront.
Way to go swiftvets. Boy am I proud that the Marines and the Navy are in the same dapartment....Smile
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Great job!!! Reply with quote

Devastating! I too have been inspired by your efforts and I've also made another (small) contribution. Considering that these guys aren't REALLY funded by GOP hacks or some rich guy with dealings in Vietnam, they need all the help from the rest of us that they can get! Thanks to the Swift Boat Vets For Truth for saying to millions some of what's inside me, stuff that I want everybody to know.

You guys get a big Semper Fi!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These men are to be commended and respected for speaking out, and taking such a strong stand. To me, it shows immense strength of character for them to be placing themselves in the line of fire .... for the personal attacks by the lefties and others that we know will come.

Quote I saw somewhere ...
"the soldiers of Vietnam are engaged in their last battles ..to restore the dignity stolen from them"

Bravo Zulo Swifties

I read on the DemUnderground that this TV ad will be showing in the battleground states..soon? Anyone seen any press releases on that? Oh yes those DUers are having a fit. Talking about an email campaign to ask McCain to intervene and speak out against the swifties.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the wife of a swiftie who is in the commercial I can't begin to tell you how gratifying it is to read your wonderful responses. I met these men when they were making the commercial and they are all dedicated, sincere honest men who strongly believe in what they are doing. It gets tough at times with all of the demands on their time (as I am typing my husband is on the phone with a reporter) but it is something that has to be done in order to get the truth out. Thanks again for all of your support!!

Swift Wife
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ad. Cool

But have heard two ways Kerry and the dems have been trying to discredit the ad.
1) None of the men actually served to Kerry. Razz
2) Ad was paid for by a rich texas republican. Rolling Eyes
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djv wrote:
Great ad. Cool

But have heard two ways Kerry and the dems have been trying to discredit the ad.
1) None of the men actually served to Kerry. Razz
2) Ad was paid for by a rich texas republican. Rolling Eyes

SwiftVets was the topic of almost the entire Rush Linaugh radio show today.

At the end of his program, he mentioned some law firm in Washington was warning networks "not to show the SwiftVets ad" because is was "defamatory."

Kerry being a public figure and the material about Bush so far from numerous Leftist sources making the SwiftVets ad seem mild by comparison, this seems the height of left wing hubris and attempted dictatorial censorship. "WE BELIEVE IN FREE SPEECH, AS LONG AS IT IS OUR FREE SPEECH" could be the Democratic mantra.

Anyone have any info on this "lawyer warning" on the ad?

FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: