SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Permission to Come Aboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF/REFUELER
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Permission to Come Aboard Reply with quote

My name is Michael Allan, I am an Air Force Veteren of the 28th Bomb Wing Ellsworth AFB with 6 years served. I have come to the honorable Vet's of the Swift Boats to help me understand something I read. I am up to speed on the Kerry issues, I'm here to help. What puzzles me is Senator McCains recent comments to let Viet Nam be struck from debate/issue. I sent the man I very much admire am email asking him to explain to me why this is not an issue to him. How can it not be? How can giving testimony contrary to his sworn oathe to the Constitution not be an issue to him. How can he not be the point of the spear in this campaign? How can he let the Silver Star be tarnished by treason? How can you look past the Valor in a Purple Heart? How can he turn his back on the Naval Community, his Shipmates? What does he know that I don't.
So, I am here asking the men who served with each, am I off tack? Do I need to come around to a different heading? I think not. Lets talk about it.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Higher Plane" Kerry spoke of would eleminate Vietnam from discussion, had he not made it so central to his campaign. McCain is a friend of Kerry's and I cannot speak for him. Sometimes, he makes me think he should be a Democrat, other times, he's a faithful Republican.

Democrats bashing Bush's Air National Guard service endlessly have left their boy wide open and after over 30 years of silence, Vietnam Vets, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Army are coming forward and speaking their minds about the acts Kerry committed after his scant 4 months of service.

We need to make sure that his post Vietnam conduct gets as much, if not more, air than his short "tour." Democrats will try to keep his actual time out in the front and hide his treasonous acts after he got back, if allowed.

Welcome over. I was Army myself, 69 - 70 Vietnam, Helicopter Mechanic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: