SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ex-POWs slam Kerry's war-protest activities"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: "Ex-POWs slam Kerry's war-protest activities" Reply with quote

John Kerry is in for a tough news cycle...enter some heavyweights...

Quote:

Ex-POWs slam Kerry's war-protest activities
By Richard Tomkins
UPI White House Correspondent
Published 8/3/2004 5:20 PM

WASHINGTON, Aug. 3 (UPI) -- John Kerry's bid to become commander in chief of wartime America has opened old wounds among some former Vietnam-era POWs who bristle over Kerry's anti-war activism and atrocity allegations during the Vietnam conflict.

Those activities and statements, pushed out of sight by a campaign that spotlights Kerry's service in Vietnam, were used by the POWs' North Vietnamese captors to sap the morale of prisoners and U.S. troops still in the field in South Vietnam, former POWs told United Press International.

"They were always talking about that (anti-war demonstrations), and they picked right up on Kerry's throw-away line, 'Don't be the last man to die in a lost cause, or die for a lost cause,'" said Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who spent 2,284 days as a prisoner. "They repeated that incessantly.

"They used these photographs and inputs, voice tapes, whatever, from these peace people to try to convince us the whole country had turned anti-war and we were showing a very bad attitude and would never go home."

UPI - Read On...

Can AP be far behind?
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: the UPI??? Reply with quote

By God, I think the dam is breaking - also see the thread on the Drudge Report story about Unfit For Command. Can Kerry's abandonment of the candidacy be far behind? How can the Democratic Party withstand this assault? Why can't they run someone with honor, like Zell Miller or even (gulp!) Joe Lieberman? If the Party holds on to Kerry, they're going down with the ship. With any luck, this whole episode, culminating in an anti-Kerry landslide in November, will set barking moonbat liberals back at least a decade - hopefully long enough for the real warriors in this country to take proper care of business! Craig, Sparky, Doug Reese: are you getting all this? Are things moving too fast for you? Semper Fi!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: at the end of the article is the usual Kerry campaign whining of at least Kerry was close enough to combat. He may have spent his scant 4 months there and Bush may have never been there, but I've never heard or read anywhere that Bush lied about us or protested so strongly against us.

His excuse of he was a young man who was angry is also nonsense to my ears. I was 20 when I got there, 22 when I left. I too had strong emotions about Vietnam and the leadership back then, but never felt the need to protest the war or lie about those who served there. Kerry was what, 26 or 27? Sounds to me like he wasn't that young.

Hanoi Jane uses the same excuse to justify her activities and she was in her mid 30s. Neither gets a pass from me.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: the UPI??? Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
By God, I think the dam is breaking - also see the thread on the Drudge Report story about Unfit For Command. Can Kerry's abandonment of the candidacy be far behind? How can the Democratic Party withstand this assault? Why can't they run someone with honor, like Zell Miller or even (gulp!) Joe Lieberman? If the Party holds on to Kerry, they're going down with the ship. With any luck, this whole episode, culminating in an anti-Kerry landslide in November, will set barking moonbat liberals back at least a decade - hopefully long enough for the real warriors in this country to take proper care of business! Craig, Sparky, Doug Reese: are you getting all this? Are things moving too fast for you? Semper Fi!

Shame Walt,

Please don't count Doug with Craig and Sparky... Doug is honorable but confused. The others are trolls.

Tom

(make another note Doug) Wink
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Tom, but until Doug explains how a Vietnam vet like himself, who knows Kerry's background, can vote for such a slimy and dishonorable person, I can only assume that his only reason for supporting Kerry is he hates Bush. That puts him right in there with the trolls as far I'm concerned. If he would explain himself, I'll be happy to remove him from that category. Tell me how I'm mistaken, Doug, or accept the label!

Semper Fi!
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid I have to go along with ASPB and stick my head up again.

I believe Doug to be confused, but I can't agree with putting him in the same catagory as Craig and Sparky. Doug has contributed greatly to my understanding of the situation in the Delta during that period. Especially since he doesn't talk all that swabbie lingo and I can understand what he's saying. Doug has also stayed away from the innuendo and personal attack.

You're right Walt in that I can't understand how any Viet Vet can support Kerry, but civil discourse about our differences is what the 1st Admendment is all about and the 5th says we don't have to answer the question if we're afraid of the answer.(or something like that!)

INCOMING! HIT IT!
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Taking the 5th? Reply with quote

Guess I'll have to go along with JN173 on this one - our justice system does allow people NOT to incriminate themselves! Thanks for a new perspective, grunt! I do agree that Doug's accounts of river action have been informative, and I have never cast doubt upon those accounts.

Semper Fi!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also need to be very careful about how we speak to each other here for this ONE overriding concern:

There is going to be a lot of traffic here from people who have never been in the military and do not understand the magnitude of the betrayal dealt to his brothers and sisters - they don't understand the emotions that surround it.

Thirty+ years, most of these guys have remained silent even though they believed Kerry to be a snake. As long as he wasn't *their* Senator, they just tried to compartmentalize him and not think about him.

It was only the horror of the idea of having this man in charge of our younger brothers and sisters in arms that brought most of these people out of their closets to speak up and tell what Kerry has meant to them as Vietnam veterans. Together, they form a deep and forceful truth.

I have often read posts from some of you with tears and even rage for what you have endured.

I understand the betrayal and the hurt and the fear for our armed forces and for our safety as a country if this ___________ is elected.

Many of our visitors will not. And that's my most important point.

They may see direct personal questioning as "bullying," or thumping someone in the chest with a cyber finger, because they don't know even the short history of this forum and site.

They weren't here for the troll influxes. They haven't been here for the arguments. All they're going to see is some of us "picking" on a few people who appear to be reasonable and unemotional in response.

We might be talking to one person when we post, but what we might not realize as we're writing is that we're talking to hundreds of people a day, too.

Personally, I don't know how a veteran can learn all this stuff about Kerry and still think he's an "all right guy."

I think Kerry has all the morals of a snake. I think he will do anything to get elected and he's been working toward it since he was a very young man hanging out on the real JFK's yacht. I think he has betrayed the soldiers of his generation on several counts and he is betraying the soldiers of this one. (and in HIS OWN WORDS, he is proud of it!)

But, we tread a thin line with regard to all the people who will visit here. What will they see? Reasoned arguments and strong opinions about Kerry, or "attacks" on other posters?

Long-winded way of getting my point across - never say in ten words what you can say in a hundred or two. Wink

Let's promote the Swifts' message in every positive way that we can.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Navy, I get the point, but maybe one of our visitors can answer what is an extremely important question for me: How can any fully informed Vietnam veteran support John Kerry? I have not heard, either here or anywhere else, a reasonable answer to that question. Since this forum started in early May, I have only seen 2 'Nam vets post here who support Kerry, and neither one gave me a clue as to why. One of them had not heard much of Kerry's words and actions; when I showed him (he's a USMC 'Nam vet) Kerry's mockery of Iwo, he disappeared - never to return. I can only conclude that, as a Marine, he was so ashamed about contemplating what he was about to do that he left. Semper Fi!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: the UPI??? Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
By God, I think the dam is breaking

I don't know if it's breaking yet, Walt, but it sure as heck is starting to leak when UPI actually reports about anti-Kerry vets instead of spiking the info.

Put on your earplugs when "Unfit for Command" hits the streets. I believe we are going to hear things from O'neill that have only been hinted at before. The left is going to scream...and I do mean LOUD.

"Mainstream media" will still try to plug the holes in the dam by giving democrat screamers space and hushing up the swiftvets. Wink

It won't work!!!! Very Happy
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: the UPI??? Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
waltjones wrote:
By God, I think the dam is breaking

Put on your earplugs when "Unfit for Command" hits the streets. I believe we are going to hear things from O'neill that have only been hinted at before. The left is going to scream...and I do mean LOUD.

Get ready for the ride of your life. Defamation, spin, claims of contributors being paid off by the Right/GWB/Republicans/etc., perhaps even threats. Prepare to lock and load!

NOTE TO ADMINS: consider adding a new Forum entitled "Leftist temper tantrum antics post "Unfit-for-Command" or something like that.

FDL
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortdix, you may appreciate this tid bit from my radio listening this past weekend. I am sure there will be vicious retorts from the Kerry camp.
This I posted on a WMD thread earlier:

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Quote:
Sunday night I heard a talk show out of Baltimore where the host was taughting Kerry the 'war Hero'. When a caller called in and quoted Kerry’s testimony to congress about war crimes he was immediately pulled off the air. The Host declared that what the caller was saying was not substantiated in any way and they could not afford to get sued for lying. This got me out of bed and on the phone, and low and behold I got right thru.

I asked the host if he was familiar with Kerry's 'winter soldier' testimony to congress and he said that he was. I then repeated as many times as possible that the host was doing nothing but lying, lying on the air, he could not say the congressional record was 'unsubstantiated'. Of course they cut me off and then declared that the last caller sounded 'drunk'.

I don't drink.

So don't forget we are all drunks Big Time!!
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
OK, Navy, I get the point, but maybe one of our visitors can answer what is an extremely important question for me: How can any fully informed Vietnam veteran support John Kerry? I have not heard, either here or anywhere else, a reasonable answer to that question. Since this forum started in early May, I have only seen 2 'Nam vets post here who support Kerry, and neither one gave me a clue as to why. One of them had not heard much of Kerry's words and actions; when I showed him (he's a USMC 'Nam vet) Kerry's mockery of Iwo, he disappeared - never to return. I can only conclude that, as a Marine, he was so ashamed about contemplating what he was about to do that he left. Semper Fi!

the only vietnam vet i know who supports Kerry
(among at least a score or two) won't give a reason either. He dismisses the swiftvet and wintersoldier stuff as partisan garbage. What really bothers me is he was a friggin FAC, flying a cessna, directing artillery, well you guys know better than I do how thick the **** was he was in. And he's still voting for mr. spineless. Scares me silly. And, strangely enough, the longer he's been on the KErry bandwagon, the stupider he sounds. WE used to have a blast in our political debates, and now, his rhetoric is lacking in anything resembling intelligence

I think he's an idiot, but he's still got my respect. I don't know how an intelligent man like him supports Kerry, and I don't know how Doug does, but i'm willing to voerlook it as a personality flaw
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
How can any fully informed Vietnam veteran support John Kerry?

Walt, I don't think I'll understand this as long as I live.

I will tell you one thing that I first heard almost a year ago and I gaffed it off as being someone's conspiracy thing pinging.

But, it's been mentioned NOW by media pundits, so there's apparently some truth to it. (Where there's smoke?)

There are people who are paid to esconce themselves on anti-Kerry or pro-Bush boards and keep the Kerry spin on the messages posted.

There are many others unpaid - the ones who have drunk the Kerry Kook Ade - the ones who follow the DU model for disruption, distraction and deception as advocated by the musician Moby, who claimed that they could take this election with as few as 200000 votes.

All people had to do, he said, was drop into conservative boards and lie - the example he cited: go to a pro-life board and tell people that you support Bush, but you just heard that there is proof that he took a girlfriend to an abortion clinic.

I'm not saying that anyone who posts in favor of Kerry here is a paid spin-meister or a troll.

Obviously, there are all kinds in the world and I know there are soldiers who support Kerry. My contention is that many or most of these do not know what he has done, they don't know his record.

We may never know how a vet can learn what there is to learn about Kerry and still support him - as you pointed out - they don't stick around long enough to convey their message.

Or Kerry's.

Confused

All I know is that Kerry is claiming 100,000 veterans are behind him..... out of 26 million of us!!

We are a force to be reckoned with - and this election just might be the one that has ticked us all off enough to shake us out of our complacency and get us ALL out to VOTE! Wink

Veterans could easily decide the election.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: