SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Many of the swifties did not like Bush
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Many of the swifties did not like Bush Reply with quote

But worked against Kerry out of principle and character.

Once again they sacrificed for their country.

We owe it to them to honor that sacrifice.

semper fi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, and the mainstream media never understood this group or its mission.

There was one hero this election cycle: John O'Neil. I hope he writes a book that recounts his experience in the eye of the storm. Sign me up for a copy.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftvets put America first.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They again sacrificed for their country! And the members of this forum

are not all republicans or for Bush really. I happened to be, but many

were not.... it was and IS against KERRY! which I also happened to be - I'm more AGAINST Kerry than I am FOR Bush.

I just didn't know how much or all the whys until joining here.

I can see where in this case, Bush really was the lesser of 2 evils to many

members. There are numerous democrats I would possibly vote for - including Zell ! Evan bayh (I think - he seems sane - doesn't screech and isn't rude or nasty) - many democrats joined to help Bush win - to keep Kerry from winning - Koch did, Ron Silver etc.

That's joining together and working side by side to save our

COUNTRY ! That is what being a true American is about.

I
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Democrats take back their party. There are some statesman there. As a Republican, and one who believes our party can include everybody, I vote for the character of a person with the best vision for America, who will best represent me and my family. If in the future that best choice is a Democrat, they get my vote. I trust many will agree. So to Democrats here it has been an honor holding hands with you. We exemplify the BEST of AMERICA! CTW
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those non Bush Swifties. I back Bush, but I understand your mission.

Thanks you again.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Americans, real heroes put their country first. Thank you Swiftee Democrats, Independents, Greens and Libertarians. I love all you guys.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie
Quote:
many democrats joined to help Bush win - to keep Kerry from winning - Koch did, Ron Silver etc.
{not referring to Silver}

Don't get sucked in!! Koch did NOT back Bush from belief........HE & OTHERS DID SO TO GIVE HILLARY THE OPENING!

Koch let the cat out of the bag in an interview last week!
We must stay one step ahead and NOT fall into the trap that they are "friendly."

just MHO Smile
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was something we have battled with here, long and hard. The Bi-Partisan Nature of the SVPT has never been acknowledged or understood by the MSM or the General Public as a result.
I for one do not care what side of the Political Aisle any man or woman is on (as long as they are not extremist). This has been a very personal battle for the Founders and all the Vietnam Veterans. They once again placed their Nation above their own needs and ideologies.
This is what Warriors do, Nation first, self last.
God Bless them and keep them strong, for surely this is not over for them and the effects will be felt for some time to come. Here's hoping they are all positive!!
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Koch, like many of us, changed after 9/11. Koch was always a staunch liberal democrat who always had a jovial way about him.

After 9/11, I saw an interview with him. He was smiling as he always did...and was talking about seeing all the families walking around frantically holding up pictures of missing people..and he just broke down in sobs. He watched familiy members take bottles and jars and try and scoop up hands full of ash from ground zero when they finally let people go there. It was heart breaking. He's never been the same since. He got angry at his own party because they just didn't "get it". And he's been speaking out on this issue, terroism, since.

I've never seen a man so changed in my life. If you knew him before, you'd understand.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a demo. i gotta say, i could have voted Hanoi Jane before i would have voted Kerry. at least she wasn't an official protector of the U.S. when she committed her treason.

i think we should have an amendment allowing one to be stripped of their citizenship... then we could send them BOTH to Vietnam
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics is about building coalitions. While I'm a conservative activists and a Bush supporter, I respect the differing views of all those in our 2004 coalition. We all witnessed the power of the Democrat elite and the monopoly they possess on information and education. I just hope that your opinions about conservative candidates and issues are not rooted in the institutional bias that exists against people like Bush. MSM, academic, hollywood and the urban elitist bias that was dispalyed in 2004 is nothing new and the next time there is a repubican candidate or issue on the table, I hope you check out the alternative media and alternative intellectual sources before you draw any conclusions.

As you all know and some have learned, our side of the isle has to fight like hell to make our voices heard and get our stories out against the guardians at the information gate that protect, promote and perpetuate liberal interests.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, coolhand(luke?) Smile if that was meant for me, let me clarify; i'm NOT a dedicated demo, i lean demo. i once voted for Nixon and Bush in '90 Smile

i go by what I think is the best candidate. this time the party gave me NO choice... so that left Bush! Smile
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: TONY BLAIR Reply with quote

As Tony Blair meant that if George Bush had not won we would have sent the wrong message out to the world that we do not support our tropps and the effort in Iraq and it was all for nothing. Whether Kerry meant to do it or not that is the message that woudl have been sent. As for Kerry his last message was that he thanked his fellow swift boat veterans who proved thing said about him were not true. He is the worse man in the history to ever run and George Bush has the morals and GUTS that supported our troops and if he had been Commander adn Chief during Vietnam instead of a Democrat like Johnson their would have been NO KERRY"S weird speeches.Kerry had Bruces guitar pick and four leaf clovers in his pockets and Bush had God and our prayers.So did the Swift boat vets during and after the war in Vietnam
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This opens up a discussion that my family and friends gets into a lot and that is, what is the difference between a democrat and a republican. Older people seem to have a different definition of each parth than a younger person.

Since this group is so diverse may I ask how do you define a democrat, a republican, liberal, conservative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: