SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Conceded

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Kerry Conceded Reply with quote

Kerry just CONCEDED!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Steve Christensen
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job is not done. Now it's time to remove sKerry from the Senate!
WVRepublican
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I have to give some, some, credit to Kerry for at least being man enough to know he lost. At least he didn't pull a Gore.
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry probably took a long, hard look at where Al Gore is now and decided he didn't want to go there...but that also implies that Kerry thinks rationally, which may be a big assumption.
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Gore concede before he didn't concede.
WVRepublican
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot. Shocked
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that Kerry wants a political life after this. All Gore is good for now is whipping up the rabid left wing of the party.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: The GOOD GUYS won! Reply with quote

The GOOD GUYS won! (Especially the Swiftvets, to whom the country owes a debt of gratitude.)

It was a very close-run thing due to the 100,000-vote margin in Ohio but our country has gained another lease on life. We had to choose a path and we chose the right one.

I quoted Henry V's Saint Crispin's Day speech in "Whatever happens tomorrow," and it is a pleasure and a relief to post the followup:

KING HENRY V
Do we all holy rites;
Let there be sung 'Non nobis' and 'Te Deum;'
The dead with charity enclosed in clay:
And then to Calais; and to England then:
Where ne'er from France arrived more happy men.

Exeunt
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.

I thought the title of the thread was...

Kerry Conceited!!!
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassInd wrote:
Oops.

I thought the title of the thread was...

Kerry Conceited!!!

Laughing I was thinking the same thing Laughing You beat me to it Laughing
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Kerry Concession Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/3/110607.shtml

Quote:
Kerry Camp Confirms 1 p.m. Concession

The Kerry campaign has announced it will publicly concede the election to President Bush at 1 p.m. this afternoon, confirming NewsMax.com's report earlier this morning.

The Associated Press is reporting that John Kerry called President Bush this morning to concede the election.

Just after 8 a.m., longtime Kerry friend and Boston columnist Mike Barnicle announced that after talking to campaign insiders he expected the top Democrat to concede the election to George Bush this afternoon, specifically citing the 1 p.m. time.

"I got a sense among the command staff that early afternoon he'll step up and do the right thing here and concede the election," Barnicle told radio host Don Imus, in quotes first reported by NewsMax just after 9 a.m.

By 11 a.m. ABC News had confirmed the planned Kerry concession announcement was slated for 1 p.m.

Apparently, Kerry plans to make a public concession at 1 PM.

Seriously, I don't think this will be a repeat of the Gore private concession followed by public "unconcession". In 2000, in the wee hours, Gore had planned to concede, then saw Bush's lead in FL collapsing while preparing his concession speech, giving him renewed hope.

Kerry has had a whole evening to think things over, and Bush currently has a lead of 136,221 votes (2.49%) in Ohio, which hasn't budged for hours, and Bush leads in three other outstanding states (IA, NM, NV), any ONE of which would put Bush over the top.

Kerry probably realizes that military absentee ballots would favor Bush (Duh!) and that the "provisional" ballots would be very tedious to verify, and a substantial number of them would go to Bush, so a challenge in Ohio would be nearly insurmountable (unlike FL in 2000, where there were tens of thousands of thrown-out ballots and a margin less than 1,000). Also, Bush's lead in OH is bigger than Kerry's lead in WI, MN, and PA, and does Kerry want to try defending a Bush challenge in WI, which could (with NM, NV, and IA) give Bush the Presidency WITHOUT Ohio?

Hugh Hewitt wrote a book called "They Can't Cheat If It Isn't Close". Kerry knows, this one isn't close enough, so he can't cheat!!!

I think Kerry WILL publicly concede as promised.

It should make delightful listening for all the Swifties!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: