SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why wasn't Kerry Arrested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copsden
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Why wasn't Kerry Arrested Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am a new member since I saw your ad on TV against Kerry. I am a Disabled Vet from the Clinton send us everwhere in the world and not support us era. Kerry has made some very bold, negative, and untrue statements about our President and our Troops. I really do not like what he is saying or his platform to be elected. I also think that we should look at him more as a traitor instead of a Presidential hopeful for what he did and said after he came back from his short stint in Vietnam.

The question that I have is. Why was Kerry not arrested and prosecuted for his war crimes and atrocities that he admitted to after returning from his only 4 months in Vietnam. I would think that someone could get a congressional investigation started on this matter and have him prosecuted as a war criminal. After all, he did admit that he broke the Geneva Convention Treaty, killed people unneccessarily, burned down villages, and etc.. on all of the major networks. I would also question his Boat Mates on how they feel about him accusing them as well of war crimes and atrocities.

I hope all of the Vets think about and remember how he supported our solders in Vietnam and the accusations he made about our troops in the war, especially when there was so much strife about the war at the time that he made these statements. Please keep this web site open and operating so that other Vets can see how he lies and cheats his way through everything that he does and stands for.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. I also understand that some people may not agree with me, however, these are my feelings

Copsden
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His high teason for negotiating with the enemy in Paris bothers me even more...this is something he has even admitted to in his senate testimony. Looking back, at the mood of the country at the time, going after Kerry would have probably caused a huge backlash & even more upheaval , riots etc.

But we sure can talk about it now!
The man cannot be CinC
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, and welcome...

I've wondered about this so many times, myself.

The only thing I can think of is that at that time, Vietnam was a bleeding, pus-filled wound - it remained so for many years.

Jimmy Carter pardoned the men who fled to Canada and other foreign countries and the general feeling at the time was to just sweep it under the rug. It hurt too much. It was a disgrace. It was managed so poorly as to be painful even for people who hadn't gone to war.

We hadn't lost a single battle in that war, but we lost over 58,000 young men and women and we conceded defeat or lost the war.

Ordinary people allowed a horribly shabby treatment to be foisted off onto the soldiers of that war - Mr. and Mrs. America had bought into the KGB-fed propaganda of the VVAW and all the rest and they were ashamed that they hadn't even bothered to question it.

It was something to run away from.

That is the only thing that I can think of - the cultural and political climate at the time - a misguided idea about what we could do to heal the wound of Vietnam and stop the oozing.

Just my personal thoughts - there may be other legal reasons - I don't know. Just my take on the times.
copsden
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: could it be possible now Reply with quote

Could it at all be possible now to have a congressional investigation started now. If he is a convicted criminal, he can't be president. I think that a self proclaimed criminal that confessed to committing crimes should not be able to run either.

copsden
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is possible, copsden.

If I remember correctly, Congress has recently begun an investigation/oversight into the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs - a committee that was chaired by Senator Kerry and of which Senator McCain was also a member.

There were just too many stories floating around about documents being shredded, witnesses not called/prevented from speaking, evidence ignored or discounted without sufficient investigation, etc.

I don't think anyone in Congress wants to try to take on an investigation into Kerry's "war crimes" or his negotiations with the enemy, etc. - not until after the election, anyway.

But, where there's life, there's hope?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Why wasn't Kerry Arrested Reply with quote

copsden wrote:
Hello all,
I am a new member since I saw your ad on TV against Kerry. I am a Disabled Vet from the Clinton send us everwhere in the world and not support us era. ... The question that I have is. Why was Kerry not arrested and prosecuted for his war crimes and atrocities that he admitted to after returning from his only 4 months in Vietnam.

Simple questions deserve simple answers:

THE LEFTIST DOUBLE STANDARD.

FDL
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cowardly government frightened of more riots in the streets. nuff said!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, until Kerry decided to run for President, I hadn't give him a thought for 30 years.

Like many others, when I got home, I kinda just got in a shell and didn't even watch the news about Vietnam. It wasn't until the Gulf War,when I saw what it could have been like, that I realized how really shabbily we had been treated. I started to come out of my shell.

I always wondered why Jane Fonda wasn't prosecuted, or even Ramsey Clark. Now Kerry. I guess it just really wasn't worth the effort and would have polarized this nation even more.

BUT I DID NOT FORGET!!!!

This man MUST not become our President!
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: could it be possible now Reply with quote

Quote:
Deleted by admin

Double standards? Your logic is astoundingly awash with self defeating double standards. (Must control fist of....)

DUI is a felony where you live. And using cocaine isn't legal. Those are two statements. Are we supposed to infer lots of clever thoughts that beam from your mind based on those statements? From your perspective you probably think we'd assume you gave us a serious lesson in logic without you uttering anything more than the equivalent of "Heat is hot".

Bush confessed to having abused a drug? Now you're getting somewhere. Finally, a man who is responsible for his actions. I can deal with that. George Bush taking responsibility, that is. For I, too, have been in his shoes, and I am much better now after 14 years of being responsible for my own actions, thank you.

But your AWOL statement just doesn't make sense. Perhaps you don't read the news?

BTW, I have abused drugs, but I've never been a traitor to my comrades in arms. Kerry is going down, and I will enjoy watching all of the rats jumping ship. You'll be amazed at how fast those Dems will turn on you. We should know...

MarineBrat (Not a Vet, but a son of a gun)
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: could it be possible now Reply with quote

BlackSheep wrote:

I dunno.. where Im from DUI is a felony, and using Cocaine isnt exactly legal. Bush confessed to being a drug user, and you seem to think thats OK? Man, talk about double standards! BTW, why do you think he went AWOL from the Air Guard? Too many opiates in his system to ever fly again? Embarassed

If there was an ounce of truth in anything you said, it might be worth responding. If you believe any of the trash you just dumped, start trotting out your proof and I'll sure enough pay attention. Very Happy
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush admitted to using cocaine Blacksheep? Your going have trot out the proof on that one if you want to be considered credible. There was a book brought out in 2000 called "Fortunate Son" that made the claim of cocaine use but the author was found to have serious crediblity problems and the charge as well as the book was given little credence.

Dui was not a felony in the sixties and early seventies and did not carry the stigma it does now. But since your brought it up, it was pretty classy of Al Gore to put that out 3 days before the election.
copsden
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black sheep, you wrote

"I dunno.. where Im from DUI is a felony, and using Cocaine isnt exactly legal. Bush confessed to being a drug user, and you seem to think thats OK? Man, talk about double standards! BTW, why do you think he went AWOL from the Air Guard? Too many opiates in his system to ever fly again? "

You should probably check your facts about what is legal and what is not. Murder is a capital crime, punishable by death according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. That is the Military courts for anyone that does not know.

And in most states, it is illegal to possess, and purchase narcotics, not use them (some state laws might be different, but it is too hard to prove the use of narcotics since the constitution frowns on illegal search and seizure so therefore, using narcotics isn't usually classified as a crime), unless you are driving under the influence. Now as I said, this is true in most states but not all. I will repeat for all of you people that will only argue that their state is different and not read the point. It is not illegal in most, not all states to use narcotics.

Now again I state the fact that murder is a capital offense, and even in states where it is illegal to use narcotics it is still usually only a misdemeanor. So you are comparing apples and oranges.

I would much rather have a President that admits to having a drug problem that gets help than a President that thinks that it is ok to shoot and kill anything that he wants to, burn down villages, and violate the Geneva Convention Treaty.

Oddly enough, Kerry is a murderer and claims that our entire armed forces is full of murderers. How are we expected to elect someone as a Commander-In-Chief that refers to our military of Murderers and flat out say that our military is responsible for atrocities towards people.

It sounds to me like you think that it is ok to kill people indiscrimanately and commit atrocities against people and nations.

You and John Kerry kind of remind me of a famous person who has been in the news a lot in the last 14 years. He thinkis that it is ok to kill people and violate the Geneva Convention as well. His name is Saddam Husein.

I would also like to see some hard military documentation posted by you on here of this AWOL that you discuss. I know that if you are AWOL, you do not get an honorable discharge from the US military, you go to jail.

As well, I would need to see some credible evidence that the Cocaine accusation is true. Oh by the way farenheit 911 is not considered a credible source so do not even try it on any arguement. Michael Moore has been proven less than credible on many accounts and Kerry is an idiot for letting him speak on his behalf.

I will give the benefit of the doubt that Bush is not perfect, but at least he can admit that he is not perfect instead of rounding up people to say that he is. Like someone else that we know (Kerry).

Now for all of those people that only want to argue, I feel this way and I fought for my right to say how I feel. And even though I do not agree that Kerry fought honorably for my rights, he still did and that can not be disputed.

Copsden
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
Bush admitted to using cocaine Blacksheep? Your going have trot out the proof on that one if you want to be considered credible. There was a book brought out in 2000 called "Fortunate Son" that made the claim of cocaine use but the author was found to have serious crediblity problems and the charge as well as the book was given little credence.

The story about Bush using cocaine is a left-wing urban legend. Kerry has, however, admitted to using pot and he doesn't even claim not to have inhaled.

scotty61 wrote:
Dui was not a felony in the sixties and early seventies and did not carry the stigma it does now. But since your brought it up, it was pretty classy of Al Gore to put that out 3 days before the election.

In most states, DUI is a misdemeanor unless you kill someone because you were driving drunk. As an example, suppose you drive off a bridge while liquored and, although you manage to get out of the car, your passenger drowns. That would be a felony in most jurisdictions, although you might get off with "leaving the scene of the accident" if you managed to avoid a Breathalyzer test until your liver got all the pink elephants out of your system. Then you could get elected Senator over and over again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: