SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can never thank you guys enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: I can never thank you guys enough. Reply with quote

I was too young to serve in Vietnam (born in '61), but I had 2 cousins who were there. One was a Marine who served from '67-'68, and the other was Army SOG who did 4 tours from '68-'71. The Marine was overun twice and lived to tell about it, the other has many old wounds he suffers from to this day from numerous engagements.

When the Marine came home he sat up in his room for a month, not so much because of what he went through over there, but also from the welcome he got when he came home from these miserable bastards who were throwing rocks at him. The SOG warrior didn't get much better.

We lost the Marine a few years ago to cancer. We miss him so much. I so wish he would have lived long enough to see what you Swift vets have done for our country by restoring Honor to his/your fellow vet's service and sacrifice, and by keeping that traitorous slime out of the whitehouse. Words will never be able to express the magnitude of the gift you have given my family, to the warrior that passed, and to the one still here. You have once again fought for and saved our country, and cleared the path for our soldiers serving today, and the ones who will serve tomorrow. Be damn proud of what you have done, I know I am. Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: