SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Knocks Bush For 9-11 Seven Minute Gap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Kerry Knocks Bush For 9-11 Seven Minute Gap Reply with quote

As always, Kerry could have done it better Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Kerry Knocks Bush for His 9/11 Seven Minute Gap

By E&P Staff

Published: August 05, 2004
NEW YORK Sen. John Kerry, appearing today at the Unity convention of minority journalists in Washington, D.C., criticized President Bush's performance on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, in the most explicit terms yet. Now the Bush campaign has hit back, accusing him of launching "flailing attacks."

Referring to the moment, now immortalized in Michael Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11," when Bush chose not to leave a group of schoolchildren for seven minutes after being notified of the second plane hitting the World Trade Center, Kerry told the journalists: "Had I been reading to children and had my top aide whispered in my ear that America is under attack, I would have told those kids very nicely and politely that the president of the United States has something that he needs to attend to...and I would have attended to it."

A Bush campaign spokesman, Steve Schmidt, had this official reaction to Kerry's comment this afternoon: "The indecision John Kerry has shown on the war on terror is reflected in his incoherent explanation of his vote against funding for the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and his inability to take a stand on whether or not he thinks the removal of Saddam Hussein was the right decision. These flailing attacks against the president are the result of a candidate who doesn't know what he stands for."

Kerry drew a warm response for his speech, with about three out of four standing in applause at one point. He urged the audience to not operate "as partisans, but as truth-tellers."

President Bush will address the convention on Friday.

More than 6,000 journalists are attending the giant convention, which takes place every four years.

Oh, but Senator kerry, what is it you would have done?

And, how did the Principal of the school react to Bush's delay?

Quote:
School Principal Takes On Michael Moore

Thursday, June 24, 2004 10:18 a.m. EDT

Michael Moore took a shot from Gwendolyn Tose'-Rigell, the principal at Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Fla., where President Bush was speaking to students when he learned about the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

In his film, Moore attacks the president for listening to Sarasota second-graders read a story for nearly seven minutes after learning the second Twin Tower had been hit by a jet.

Tose'-Rigell fired back, saying that instead of panicking the country and needlessly upsetting the children, the president did the right thing.

"I don't think anyone could have handled it better," she told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune in a story published Wednesday. "What would it have served if he had jumped out of his chair and ran out of the room?"

Bush told the 9/11 Commission that he remained in the classroom because he felt it was "important to project strength and calm until he could better understand what was happening."

In his film, Moore says Bush failed to take charge.

Tose'-Rigell, who was at Bush's side, said she did not hear what White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card whispered to the president, but "I knew it was something serious."

"The president bit his lip and clenched his jaw," she said. "I didn't know what happened, whether it was something with his wife or children or something with the nation. I remember praying that God would watch over our school and protect our children."

Bush's presence, she said, had a calming effect and "helped us get through a very difficult day."

She told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune she didn't vote for Bush in 2000. "But that day I would have voted for him."

More pandering, Senator Kerry? You always say you would do it better, but I have yet to hear how.
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush did an excellent job that day with the kids. What good would have come if he did run out of that room? By running out of the room was he going to stop anther plane from hitting the tower? There wasn't enough Intel coming in that day to really do much. The military was doing the best they knew how with what they had. America just wasn't prepared then to protect itself from such a cowardly attack. If it happens today, missiles will be flying all over the place.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out NewsMax.com!!!

Forty-three minutes after the attack, Kerry "realized he couldn't even think".

Let's see now:

President Bush - SEVEN minutes - Results: Remained in the classroom because he felt it was "important to project strength and calm until he could better understand what was happening."

John Kerry - FORTY-THREE minutes - "couldn't even think".

Hmmmmmmmmm
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/6/92357.shtml
link to the newsmax story -- let Kerry eat his own words

Here's what the Massachusetts Democrat said July 8 when Larry King asked where he was on 9/11, according to CNN's own transcript:
'Nobody Could Think'
"I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting - we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's point is 'weak as water', to put it nicely.

My guess is none of us would like to be sitting next to him in a theater if
a fire broke out. Douptfull we'd fare as well as that drowning hamster.

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld where George is at a childs birthday party and
there is a small fire and in panic to save himself he Knocks the children to the Ground to get out first.

This more than a metaphor for Kerry's service, and return from Vietnam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: