SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did Kerry concede so quickly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Why did Kerry concede so quickly Reply with quote

One thing that bothers me, why did Kerry concede so quickly.
I bet there is more to this then meets the eye.

My take on this is that there was alot of movement in the background. Kerry and esp. the DNC are not known for given up. Look at 2000 and Al Gore, they fought all the way. Something is really fishy.

My take of this is, is that is was win at all costs situation for Kerry, that we know. With the swifties and pow's I bet they had more to do with Kerry bowing out then we'll ever know.

Teddy a powerhouse and Hillary not to be toyed with. In order to them to all lock step this quick, something happened.

Personaly I think the swifties next action was it. Kerry most likely made a deal, an imunity one from all past offences. Carter era discharge change is widely know here. The form 180 has never been signed, the paperwork covered. Three citations for the same award, too strange even for a Stephen King novel.
The POW issue hasn't even seen the light of day.
I think Kerry will fade into the twightlight in exchange for protection.
The Congressmen and Senators that were contacted, all began to act and respond the same way. Another lockstep.
Kerry would have been I believe the first Senator that would [Still could and should be] convicted of treason.

Kerry's lies would have done him in and that would be the end of the story. But with a deal as above, it was the best all around. He gets off scott free, doesn't have to devulge anything and walks away.

Edwards on the other hand, must feel like a used rag. He's gone from the Senate, for now. But much wiser. Next time he'll probably check out his running mate himself fully. Bet he feels betrayed as all the Viet Nam did in 1971. Now he know how you all feel. The shoe IS on the other foot.

Well, just a few thoughts. Anyone have another.

Steve Christensen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BECAUSE, the numbers told the story. And maybe Hillary promised him he could run as vice-president in'08. Laughing
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

But no dirty tricks. Not one! Thats too strange.

Steve Christensen
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that he took forever. Does anyone else remember someone waiting that long. Besides being a jackass about it, he ruined the celebration parties last night.
BPC69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there were several factors:

1) 3.5 Million surplus for Bush in popular vote
2) GOP picking up Senate Seats
3) GOP picking up House Seats
4) GOP maintaining Gubernatorial majority
5) 11 for 11 with States shooting down gay marriage
6) Vote in Ohio too insurmountable and no real angle
7) Hillary for 2008
Cool Swifties
9) Communist Ties Documents / Discharge Issues

Among other things. Liberalism was firmly rejected and the democrats were not willing to stand behind a candidate that was really an anti-Bush vote and unpopular and not someone that people were actually voting for. They are preping for 2008 now and they will be all guns slinging for Hillary and and strong #2 to once again deploy a kinder gentler reinvent of liberalism. Watch out folks we need to keep on our toes. No time to rest on our lorals. We need to keep kicking this dead horse until it's even deader.

BPC
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPC69 wrote:

7) Hillary for 2008
Cool Swifties

Among other things. Liberalism was firmly rejected and the democrats were not willing to stand behind a candidate that was really an anti-Bush vote and unpopular and not someone that people were actually voting for. They are preparing for 2008 now and they will be all guns slinging for Hillary and and strong #2 to once again deploy a kinder gentler reinvent of liberalism. Watch out folks we need to keep on our toes. No time to rest on our lorals. We need to keep kicking this dead horse until it's even deader.

BPC

Excellent thinking and yes, they are preparing for 2008 now - and we, to some degree should be too. That's why there's some suggestion of positioning Guilliani and I think Powell makes an interesting play for 2008. Anyone else?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Powell running for office. Alma has put her foot down about that. No disrespect aimed at her at all. She's a great lady and they have a terrific relationship.

Rudy carries a lot of baggage but I'd vote for him. Perhaps after a few days I'll really ponder on who in 2008.

For now, I am smiling Very Happy

Cazador
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeplessinseattle wrote:
BPC69 wrote:

7) Hillary for 2008
Cool Swifties

Among other things. Liberalism was firmly rejected and the democrats were not willing to stand behind a candidate that was really an anti-Bush vote and unpopular and not someone that people were actually voting for. They are preparing for 2008 now and they will be all guns slinging for Hillary and and strong #2 to once again deploy a kinder gentler reinvent of liberalism. Watch out folks we need to keep on our toes. No time to rest on our lorals. We need to keep kicking this dead horse until it's even deader.

BPC

Excellent thinking and yes, they are preparing for 2008 now - and we, to some degree should be too. That's why there's some suggestion of positioning Guilliani and I think Powell makes an interesting play for 2008. Anyone else?

We should find a REAL warhero from Fallujha or something and run him as VP in 2008!!

Need some wood?!?!
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere today, I read so much I forget where that the
liberals are going to impeach the president. Just what they would impeach
him on I have no idea, but what ever stops the Kerry group?
I read it before the election, but I think it was just one of their threats,
they love making threats, don't they?

What a great day! I have eaten far too many chocolate chip and
cashew cookies in the last three days!
crockspot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore's garnering of 200,000 more popular votes than Bush was the major fuel behind Gore's attempt to steal the election in 2000. Kerry was running a 4 million vote deficit, so he didn't even have that "moral" ground to stand on. That was probably a big factor in his decision.

Also, digging too deeply into Ohio may have uncovered some pretty nasty voter fraud, which may have pointed back to some high-profile Democrats. Under these circumstances, and without a majority in either house of Congress, Kerry would have been bashed relentlessly, much more so than Bush was bashed in his first term. And with no Congress to back him up, he wouldn't have survived a term without impeachment proceedings.

He knew he was french toast.

Then again, maybe the Hildabeast gave him a call, and told him to meet her in Fort Marcy Park.

Bill Clinton: "She knows your name, John. You're already dead."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: