SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftvets TV add and it's effects
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Swiftvets TV add and it's effects Reply with quote

I have been watching the news since yesterday and the only negative thing is that the media is claiming that it is funded by the Republican campaign, which is not true. They also claim that none of the men served with Kerry in his boat. Other than that spin it is doing well and we got a lot of free advertising. It has been shown everywhere and swiftvets only paid for 3 states. By the list of new screen names here today I assume that it is activating people who want to know the truth about Kerry the self proclaimed hero. I say welcome to the new posters that have found us, we will keep on truckin and defeat Kerry. Fox 11 news here in L.A. showed the entire add. That is about six million people not counting San Diego and outlying cities. Semper Fi.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.loveourtroops.us poll 3 to 1 for Bush and climbing.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the add will/is having a positive effect. Hopefully people can see through the liberal smoke screen. This isn't a small group of supporters like Kerry has. This is over 250 credible men! Smile
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets TV add and it's effects Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Marine4life wrote:
I have been watching the news since yesterday and the only negative thing is that the media is claiming that it is funded by the Republican campaign, which is not true. (snip)

For those that are interested, here are some details on the funding for Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth

With all due respect, disinfopedia, in this case, is a lie and a distortion. Similar to most barking moonbat sites.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Federal Elections Commission site and look up Swiftvets. That's where you'll find the truth about the funding of this organization. And yes, I'm a substantial contributor to our cause.

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that disinfopedia is often more correct in its name than in it's content.

disinfopedia = disinformation
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Go to the Federal Elections Commission site and look up Swiftvets. That's where you'll find the truth about the funding of this organization. And yes, I'm a substantial contributor to our cause.

I searched in the different databases here -> The FEC's "Your Guide to Researching Public Records" http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/prguide1.htm
for 'swift' and 'swiftvets' and didn't turn you all up. Any pointers? A direct link, or just posting the info to save the time of other interested parties, would be appreciated.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
ASPB wrote:

I searched in the different databases here -> The FEC's "Your Guide to Researching Public Records" http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/prguide1.htm
for 'swift' and 'swiftvets' and didn't turn you all up. Any pointers? A direct link, or just posting the info to save the time of other interested parties, would be appreciated.

Oh Gee! I forgot, we're too small and too broke to make headlines like Moveon.org. Laughing

I guess you're just going to have to accept the word of the sponsors of this site (including me) or disinfopedia. One Clue. There are no Kerry supporters funding this effort. Wink
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
brad wrote:
ASPB wrote:

Oh Gee! I forgot, we're too small and too broke to make headlines like Moveon.org. Laughing

I guess you're just going to have to accept the word of the sponsors of this site (including me) or disinfopedia. One Clue. There are no Kerry supporters funding this effort. Wink

Well, as their site is documented and your claims aren't, I guess I will have to believe them. Being too small and broke shouldn't affect your FEC filing, I wouldn't think.
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would be interested in this info also, HOWEVER, I found something very interesting, if you go and search the Presidential candidates here: http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/fecimg/srssea.html It gives you each and EVERY registered candidate and all relevant info EXCEPT........you guessed it, Kerry!
Now, what the heck is up with that?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Well, as their site is documented and your claims aren't, I guess I will have to believe them. Being too small and broke shouldn't affect your FEC filing, I wouldn't think.

It's possible that the Swifts' 527 isn't showing up yet because they only recently began accepting contributions from people outside the group of founding members.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice for the Swiftboats is to keep the passion going. Really hit the TV and radio shows hard, but adjust your tactics slightly.

Focus the attacks more on Kerry's lying and undermining of America after he came back from Vietnam.

Explain how Kerry's dishonest testimony before Congress smeared an entire generation and endangered the US soldiers in Vietnam. How Kerry's lies were Fonda financed propaganda.

When critics ask why does any of it matter now?

Ask them if they would trust someone that frequently protested with communist groups, attended an assassination plot to kill 8 US senators, and holding up a copy for the TV cameras, authored an anti-American book like this...

Also, mention your website plus wintersoldier.com's so people can learn more. And be sure to cite sources such as FBI documents. Sounds more official to the average Joe.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good advice. It's been thought about. This is only the warm up phase as Wintersoldier is the heart of the debate but first we have to truthfully and justly put some doubt about Kerry's in-country service in the minds of the people. What you've seen in the press about the book is just the first 2 or 3 chapters......think about the rest of the book.

after the commercial......

Paul Harvey...."and here's the rest of the story"

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if dis-infopedia is that great bastion of truth, then explain why George Soro's name is never mentioned when you look up MoveOn.org? Kind of funny how the DNC attack dogs launched immediately because the SwiftVets were supposedly being funded in part by a Texas developer, but yet moveon is supported by the head secularist himself? Just take a look at what dis-infopedia calls moveon's organzation:

Quote:
MoveOn.org is a progressive political group based in the United States that organizes and informs an online community estimated at more than 2 million people. The group aims to promote grassroots advocacy by its members through various political activities including running a PAC, voter registration drives, political advertising (especially in swing states).

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=MoveOn.org

Y'all are gonna have to keep trying. What's next? One of the 9/11 conspiracy links that is written in French? Razz
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, people are often swayed by numbers.

I don't know how many Vietnam Vets Kerry has, but if you have 250 plus and he only has 13, point that out. Also, talk about his entire chain of command voting against him.

Most people are open to hearing your side, but you must always keep it honest. You know the Kerry media is scavenging for any slip.

Thanks, and good luck!

Kerry's biggest flip-flop of all is his trying to replace 4 years of "decorated protesting" with 4 months of service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: