SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming Out of the Closet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Coming Out of the Closet Reply with quote

Good Morning All of you wonderful people.

As the wife of a swift vet, let me give you a little picture of what the last 8 months have been like. Needless to say, it has been a real roller coaster. I have met some wonderful people--the swifties and their wives (including the super John and Anne O'Neill), the POWs and their wives, Jerry Corsi, Tony Snesko (who spent countless hours on the mall getting the word out), Navy Chief, Navy Wife, MtBoone, and many others who are just names on the Forum. There have also been bad days with hate mail, nasty phone calls, etc.

However, you wonderful people on this forum have become a very important part of my life. I didn't post much but I spent many hours here each day. My dear husband left the research and printing up to me and he did the reading and follow-up action. You folks made my life so much easier--I didn't have to do the research because you did it for me. All I had to do was click and print. There were days when I spent up to 9 hours doing just that. Without you, I would have had to find the information for myself.

On the days when things were looking grim I could always come here and get a "pick me up" from your posts and I did that often.

What I am trying to say is that all of your folks on this forum, whether you realize it or not, played a VERY large role in making this happen. I just want to let you know that all of you are loved and appreciated. They couldn't have done it without your dedication and I know how much I depended on all of you.

Many many thanks for your dedication, support and caring. You're all wonderful people!!!!

Trenny Elliott
wife of George Elliott
COMCOSDIV 11 '68-'69
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Coffee,
My wife told me yesterday that if Kerry won, she would
probably have to move out (I think she was kidding).

I sent many letters to the editor stating that Kerry´s entire
living chain-of-command DID NOT support him. This
includes your husband. None of
my letters were printed. It really bothered me how
the press has shut many of us out, until
I heard Ohio´s count early this morning. However, this
is only the beginning for John Forbes Kerry.

The publisher of my local newspaper, along with the mainstream
press, along with John Kerry walked into a bar. The bartender
came over and asked, ¨Why the long face.¨

God bless you Trenny and George Elliott and all Swift Boat Veterans
and POWs for Truth.

Montana
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenny & George,

You know that you are both my heroes!!! I can't wait until we can get together again and rejoice in the outcome of your hard work and perseverance.

Big party going down this Saturday in Austin!!!!!

Love ya,

Troy

Troy Jenkins
aka, NavyChief
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - you, the family members, are heroes in my eyes as well!
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Elliott, thank you and all the Swiftees, POWS, and their spouses, from the bottom of my heart. Last August I was so disheartened I was planning not to vote. It seemed that many intelligent people were believing Michael Moore's fiction, and I saw no way, with the media being as it is, to counter that effect.

Then, the Swiftees, assisted by bloggers, FORCED the nation and the media to really look at John Kerry on the issue he had made the defining point of his campaign: Vietnam. You derailed him, superbly.

THANK YOU. I hope you all can take a well-deserved vacation. A month at a lavish resort in Cancun is far less than you deserve.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona,

Thanks for your kind words. Forget the vacation in Cancun--I'm just happy to finally have time to clean my house and get ready for the holidays. Navy, Navy, Navy told me several weeks ago that she hadn't even had time to clean her bird cage and I can certainly relate to that. Maybe I'll even find time to cook a decent dinner tonight--after I get through answering all of the phone calls.

Which reminds me--I didn't thank the wonderful moderators on this Forum. I would hate to think about how many hours a day they have spent just keeping this on topic.

Troy--Have a great party in Austin. Wish we could be there but we're a little too far away. Have a big iced tea for me!

It would be wonderful if this whole group could get together somewhere!

Thanks again to all of you super Americans who made this all possible.

Trenny Elliott
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you "unmasked," Trenny! Cool

I love you! You all have been an inspiration to all of us!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou M'am! As well as huge debt of grattitude to you and your husband.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for all you done. This has truly been a time of healing for me.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
I sent many letters to the editor stating that Kerry´s entire living chain-of-command DID NOT support him. This
includes your husband. None of my letters were printed. It really bothered me how the press has shut many of us out, until
I heard Ohio´s count early this morning. However, this
is only the beginning for John Forbes Kerry.

I agree with you - our mistreatment by the press and sooooo many liberals pales under the glory of the victory! Wooohooo....that said, as many have been pointing out this morning, we're not finished and will keep fighting for truth and America! For starters, it's a travesty that some pencil necked liberal decided not to print any of the letters you worked so hard on...
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Elliott,

You've probable seen my posts if you've been lurking here.
You've also seen the bumper stickers that I designed (with the help of many here).

I'd like to send you or someone in Swiftvets leadership a package of 300 "Sink Kerry Swiftly" bumper stickers if they can be distributed to the 254 brave men who supported this effort and whom I served with on the rivers of Vietnam in '68-'69.

I hope they will serve as a small reminder for their later years of the great victory that has been achieved by the courage they and their families have shown.

Please contact me via email at velero@rcn.com or via PM here.

Also please give the Captain by best regards.

Tom Mortensen

Boat Captain ASPB 92-8 (TF-117) and Patrol Officer, River Division 595/153 (TF-116/TF-117) RVN '68-'69

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Elliott,

Thank you and your husband and all the other Swifties and their families who have fought the good fight. If it weren't for all of you, we'd very likely be contemplating the reality of a Kerry presidency.

Thanks for doing the right thing at great risk to your mental and physical health and for staying the course.

You are all heroes.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Elliott,

Thank you so much for your words. The Admiral did a wonderful service for this country by bringing together all these great men to bring to light the important truths about John Kerry.

God bless you and your family.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mrs. Elliot for letting us know who you are behind the screen name.

I was crying over a poem someone posted as I began to read yours. I'm still crying. I am just so grateful and feel such honor to have been some small part of this group of people.

I'm a different person than I was 2 months ago when I stumbled on this website.

Never again will I take America for granted. Nor will I accept the media's version of history. I will never go to a movie that is 'Based on Actual Events' and believe it.

You all have acheived so much more than bringing down John Kerry. And bring him down you did. You have exposed the media by forcing its hand while they feared Kerry's crash and burn. You have debunked the false version of history Kerry and his ilk left America with 30 years ago. My daughter will grow up knowing what really happened in Vietnam and why it is important for her to know it.

At the risk of sounding overly dramatic. You changed the world. No wonder I'm crying. How can I simply say thank you?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Elliot

Thank you for your kind words but more importantly, thank you, your husband, and all of the Swiftvets and POWs for your dedicated and courageous action for truth and integrity. I am very honored to have taken part in the swiftee effort and will remember it well for the rest of my life. I sure have had a great time on this forum and am very impressed with the caliber of the people here. The fight for truth and integrity will go on, of that I am certain.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: