SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A disgrace

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
american86
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: A disgrace Reply with quote

Hi everybody, this is my first time writing in. I'm an Army ROTC student and a devout follower of George Bush and am still overjoyed that he is still our President. I recently read the book Unfit for Command, and what had once been respect for John Kerry, who I had been led to believe had been an American hero in the Vietnam War, turned to outright disgust when I realized the agony he caused to too many of our country's true heroes, dead or alive. This morning, I turned to MSNBC to see how other channels were reporting the election(I'm a foxnews guy myself). Dan Imus was speaking about the election as it became obvious that George Bush had again won the election. However, as the conversation turned to 527 groups, and the Swift Vets for Truth, he described the TRUE veterans, true heroes who fought for their country and were treated horribly by a selfish, ungrateful public, as "fat, old, drunks," and "war criminals". I hope that every single person who reads this article shares my disgust that someone who has sat behind a desk his whole life has the audacity to accuse our nation's soldiers of being war criminals. All too often our Vietnam veterans have been scorned because of the lies spread by people such as John Kerry or Jane Fonda. I had honestly believed that such idiotic lies had all been ignored, despite Platoon and Apocolyspe Now playing every other day. I just wanted to let everyone know that there are still people out there who continue to lie about the very people who have fought for their right to speak as they do. Dan Imus should be ashamed of himself, and I hope he is censured by those above him. God Bless America, her soldiers, and her President.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome 86,

It is gratifying to know we will always have generations of patriots like you following us to carry on the cause. You already have been exposed to some of the reality of selfless service though I hope you have not experienced it first hand yet. A good motto to start practicing is what an old mentor once told me..."never duck responsibility and always share the credit." Our resent Presidential wannabe was never told that or didn't listen if he was.

Welcome aboard.
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American86,

Welcome!

Hold on to your belief in freedom and fight for it if needed. Those of us who are older (and paid attention in history class) no the dangers of forgetting or not knopwing in the first place.

Imus will be taken care of. People rarely get away with that sort of thing for long. Kerry being the exception.

Cazador
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American86,

I hope the number in your nic, 86, does not represent your year of birth, because that would mean you were born the year I began my service in the armed forces of our country!

Hang in there. What Imus said was pure ad hominem. In other words, he had no retort, so he resorted to a lying attack. It really was an indictment of his lack of ideas or facts, rather than the opposite. Any right-minded person understands that painting a huge number of people with such a broad brush is pure folly. The comment will end up costing Imus in the end, even if nothing is ever officially done about it. I'm a Christian, but I also believe in the idea of karma, and that kind of hate can only be indicative of the decay of Don Imus' very own being. Not pretty.

Hang in there. I'm proud of your decision to become a leader in our armed forces. Stick with it, it won't be easy. And remember, listen to your NCOs (early advertising). Use your judgement, you'll know which NCOs to listen to... they'll pop out like brail. Pass by the psycophants, the last thing you want is someone telling you what you want to hear.

Good luck with your career and thank you very much for serving (I consider our corps of cadets serving members of our military).

reconflyer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: