SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can we keep applying pressure to Kerry for Form 180?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1st cav
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: How can we keep applying pressure to Kerry for Form 180? Reply with quote

Kerry is still going to be in Washington for at least 4 years and I think we deserve to know about his discharge. How can we keep up the pressure?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one way:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16500
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J....too passive signing the petition...it's as effective as going to the UN for another resolution.

We need to take the fight to the enemy don't let up. kerry will probably be dumbfounded when it doesn't desist. Remember for many here (not me) this was not about getting W elected...it was about stopping kerry and getting recognition that the VN vets did not behave in a manner reminiscent of Ghenghis Khan. As long as kerry skates on the form 180 and maintains his "honorable" service in VN...then the VN vet is still shrouded with dishonor.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I think it's important that the truth come out so that "Stolen Honor" does not go away as mere "propoganda." This movie should be a reference for anyone who wants to look at the history of those events.

And, Kerry brings dishonor to the Officer corps. He should be tried for his crimes and let the courts determine his fate.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too passive, of course.

Probably only symbolic, as I have said all along.

But, it's all that we have until we can organize and get some media coverage - and that may well be on the way.

The media is on overdrive trying to figure out where they went wrong, right now, but eventually, some of them are going to start asking the real questions.

When that time comes, they'll be receptive to such articles as Thomas Lipscomb's, which question his discharge and to Unfit for Command, which questions everything Kerry claims to have done in Vietnam and since then.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that in any military [legal] process there is an appeal process, for both sides?

We have the discharge order document; have we considered challenging the finding of the Review Board that awarded Kerry an Honorable Discharge?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there an appeal still outstanding from Judicial Watch?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry.shtml
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:

last I heard it was. Has anyone checked with them? Asked them to not

drop it? We need to know.... and they should be 'watching' for the citizens of MA (even if the majority of the citizens don't care) - there are many there that do care!

A lot of people are looking at the media now... and how they helped Kerry... Fox (who isn't totally innocent in this) started harping on it last week.... David Limbaugh just had an article on it.... and AGAIN, we can each continue to send them our emails.... and watch them for new news lies.... call the FCC and see what you (we) can do .... and the Elections committee.... chip away at them!
I'm still emailing bor for his 'version' of what was not true in UFC.

did anyone watch his last 'interview' with 'Kerry' last week? Did he ask
about his military docs? the 180? then he isn't doing his job...
he said again tonight, to let him know if he isn't.....

he isn't !
Today I mostly just enjoyed myself watching them squirm... and Kerry concede!!! JUST LOVED IT! BOR mentioned he was glad to see the republicans aren't gloating.... I AM and I AM.... and I AM going to email him that I AM. and that after all these months of their lies and propaganda, I AM really enjoying it! I'll get serious again tomorrow ...maybe!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:

Great stuff, thanks.

I am hopefull that Judicial Watch will pick up on my angle though, because right now they are only challenging his medals; my angle proposes using the 1978 discharge paperwork, that we have in hand, to challenge the "decision of the board".
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last thing I want is for my grand kids to think I was involved with the opposite end of the spectrum of Move On.Org in an equally silaceous way. If we just go away then there will be those who say that SBVFT was just a Rove plot to undermine kerry...that there was no honor in it...that if SBVFT had been on the level then they would have pursued a kerry admission of wrongfullness...that after the election SBVFT just dissolved because they had no real cause or else they would have continued to address the injustice.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquis wrote:
Roon wrote:

Great stuff, thanks.

I am hopefull that Judicial Watch will pick up on my angle though, because right now they are only challenging his medals; my angle proposes using the 1978 discharge paperwork, that we have in hand, to challenge the "decision of the board".

I just sent an email to them asking if they will still continue pressing for the records. I included the newest information and my take on how important it is for the nation to know what Kerry, the Democrats and the media almost got away with.
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than petitions, a effective way to make a point known is to send postcards (5 x 7's --blank index cards actually), mailing them to Kerry's office with a question or statement about the releasing of his Navy records by Std Form 180.

Everybody along the way will be reading the content-human nature--could even send them to his Beacon Hill Address, or by mistake, to another address. Letters are suspect due to the anthrax scare, but postcards pose no such threat. Wouldn't hurt if all senators were to receive one as well as members of the house of Reps.

Inexpensive way to get someone's attention. (Wonder how many people would see the content of one postcard during the journey to its destination)
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like kerry's address posted so that we can all send him birthday and Christmas cards with a Form 180 insert.

On the people movers in DC it is possible to buy signage...How about "Senator...Sign Form 180". No need to mention names, he'll know and so will the media.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to type quick, because I can't decide which of you to quote...

You two are very devious and disturbed people! I am so glad that you are on our side... Smile

Post the addresses, and send out the call for donations for the stupid sign!!!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb274....Stop reading my mind otherwise you'll go nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: