SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Kerry be a Factor in 2008?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Will Kerry be a Factor in 2008? Reply with quote

I'm curious to what you others think. I think he won't be since the Dems seem to dump whoever runs and loses. What do you all think?

Also who do you think WILL be a factor in 2008? There's Hilary of course, but I don't think she has a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

I think Rudi Guiliani will be a factor in 2008 on the Republican side.
Hellfire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. It seems the dems throw their losers into the chipper. Look what happened to Algore, he was reduced to a raving madman. kerry "could" try and be an attack dog in '08, but I think now that the Swift vets and vets in general have a good Battlesight Zero on his silly ass he won't be poking his head up anytime soon. Very Happy

Last edited by Hellfire on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it. He'll be, what, 64 or 65 then?

Hopefully by 2008, Kerry will be totally exposed as the fraud that he is.
crockspot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Kerry to be serving a sentence for treason by 2008.

Hillary will definitely try. Maybe Obama too. Too early for me to think of anyone else. They seem to find someone at the last minute. Maybe the Dems will come to their senses and put up Lieberman.

On the Rep side, there's plenty of good choices: Jeb, Colin, Condi, Rudy...
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crockspot wrote:

Hillary will definitely try. Maybe Obama too. Too early for me to think of anyone else. They seem to find someone at the last minute. Maybe the Dems will come to their senses and put up Lieberman.

I would discount 2 of those.

colin powell has said he is not coming back for a second term.

and I seriously doubt that this country is ready for a woman president of any race, for either party.
BPC69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Kerry will be in jail or being poked in the butt with a pitch fork. Other than that, I'd anticipate zero factor.

Others that will be players aside from the Billary team include, Howard Dean who might revitalize his message and reorganize his rebel roots and take lead of the liberal wing, Obama (or however you spell it) he's going to get a lot of pub and could be involved in some sort of fast track deal (already being fast tracked to senior status in terms of senator from Illinois and committee appts.), aside from those two I'd have to say Russ Feingold & Chuck Schumer from the US Senate are up there as strong contenders.

Other than them, not much to choose from. The democrats would need to look to the south for developing someone like a Bill Clinton II that is moderate and compasionate that could draw in the bible belt and pacify the liberal base. Not much out there for them in that regard these days that I see. But there's really not much reason to talk about this because all marbles are going into the one bag and darnit she just had to move to my state and become my senator too.

BPC
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD candidate wrote:
crockspot wrote:

I would discount 2 of those.

colin powell has said he is not coming back for a second term.

and I seriously doubt that this country is ready for a woman president of any race, for either party.

I agree with your comment on a female president at the very present - but don't count it out or Condi out for future...she presents the ultimate conundrum for the Dems - as does Powell...whether the Dems like it or not President Bush has done more to promote the status of African Americans in highest offices than many if not all previous presidents...the libs have got to hate that and as I noticed mentioned at Logic Times - a conservative African American believes we'll see 25% black vote for Repubs next time 'round...I'm stating the obvious but the Dems have major issues IMHO.

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With his craggy face he might be the poster boy for MAX FACTOR...Does that count?
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people around my office today were convinced that we would see Hilary vs Rudy in '08. A couple of others were leaning toward Hilary vs McCain.
Whether people think this country is ready for a woman president or not, Hilary's name has been seriously coming up since Bill's book tour. She is said to be very popular and I see her as a threat.
But, four years is a long time and a lot can change before 2008.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry won't be a factor in 2005, for heaven's sake.

With any luck at all, he'll be battling a series of criminal and civil suits. Wink
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry won't be a factor........
This is Knighthawk's take on this election:

The Democrats nominated Kerry knowing full well that he would lose. The did this so Hillary does not have to run against an incumbent in '08. Look for Hillary to run on "conservative" moral values, and it would also not suprise me to see a "spoiler" like Ross Perot in the next election......am I scaring you.....good. Now that we have upper hand, we cannot let up.

Just my 0.02¢

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary is the DEM's last best hope for '08. The DEM's still do not get it. Morals and values matter.

The REP's will shy away from Rudy unless they abandon their long established platform of Pro Life and Family Values. Rudy supports abortion and homosexual rights.

The REP's have a problem coming up a viable candidate. There will be four years for a candidate to come to the forefront.
af11905752
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had his shot. He lost. His run for President is OVER!

Hillary will be the candidate in 2008. I bet her VP runningmate will be Obama.

Wounded Warrior Project

Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry's history as a presidential candidate. As observed by others, the Democratic party does seem to exile losing presidential candidates.

IMO, the best way to neutralize Hillary - at least partially - is to convice Giuliani that he should run for Senator in 2006 against her. I think he'd have a decent chance.

Rudy's said he has no political aspirations at this point. I tend to believe him; he does seem to love NY and has a cancer history. However, his love of NY just might convince him to take a shot at the Senate, health permitting.

If Hillary fails to win reelection to the Senate in 2006, that would take lots of wind out of her 2008 presidential campaign. Might damage it fatally.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Will Kerry be a Factor in 2008? Reply with quote

Kerry still retains power as a Senator and will be a factor in ALL Government affairs and beyond as a former Senator. Here in NJ we have a disgraced and former Senator Torrecelli who stepped down from his office when he realized that he could NOT win reelection, he took his millions of dollars from his contributions and retired BUT has since been involved in removing Howard Dean from winning the Democratic Party endorsement and now receives lucrative contracts from Democratic insiders here in NJ, so until Kerry is convicted and serving time he will remain a factor.

JK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: