SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tale of the Swift Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: The Tale of the Swift Vets Reply with quote

The history books will tell the tale of the Veterans who returned from a war with no parade, no monument for years, but still confident that they had done the right thing, no matter what others said. And while they were too honorable to ask aloud "Why?" Lady Liberty whispered in their ear, "Don't go far, I'm not through with you yet."

And when our country needed their help the most, Lady Liberty whispered, "Now" and they rushed to the aide of their fellow Americans. Armed, not with guns and boats this time, but with pens, computers and memories. They sacrificed their time and their money, their sleep to demonstrate to America how to stand up for truth and character.

They took on a coward who disguised himself as a man, the same coward who had stained their honorable image many years ago with the lies he told. They also took on the media who had believed this man, repeated his lies and helped to rob these veterans of the glory they deserved.

And through their courage, they saved this great nation from the liar and his pack of wolves called the media. And they saved the nation from a mistake which would have been the beginning of the end of the principles this nation was founded on. And they paraded as one as they elevated Lady Liberty to her perch for all the world to see. Now that they understood their purpose in history and time, the victory parade was twice as sweet as it would have been those many years ago. History will tell this tale of heroism for all to hear and learn for hundreds of years.

From myself, my children, my future grandchildren, my future great grandchildren and all my ancestors, Thank you for saving the election for the people of this great nation!
mi2bits
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Tale of the Swift Vets Reply with quote

How eloquently put in praise of our vets and their service. I am not savvy in getting around in this site. If this is posted twice, chaulk it up to inexperience. I am so glad to see the Viet Nam vets finally able to tell their story and put to shame the lies that have been told about them and their service. We all owe them a note of gratitude for what they did to impact this election. I believe it was because they began to speak out that it turned out as it did. Thanks for your words of praise for their service. mi2bits :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: