SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Band of Brothers Cast Adrift ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Band of Brothers Cast Adrift ? Reply with quote

Now is the time to pause and celebrate but there may be a window of opportunity to sail up next to a disoriented member of the BOB and see what they may have to say about their experiences with the skerry campaign. They are of no use now and have been or will soon be cast to the winds. Someone with access may be able to pick up some valuable intel on how they were exploited and used both now and back in Nam.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would urge everyone to be magnanimous in Victory with our fellow veterans and begin to sow the seeds of reunification.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10,
I couldn't agree more.
All the swiftees, no matter what side they were on, need to be welcomed back.
Maybe one exception.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very interesting to ask Rassmann about his Purple Heart right now (like what it was awarded for, and who wrote him up for it). We also have a Swiftboat veteran here in Oregon named Al French that is paying a big price for his stance, let's not forget about him. He could use some vindication. Let's not leave any brothers behind.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
It would be very interesting to ask Rassmann about his Purple Heart right now (like what it was awarded for, and who wrote him up for it). We also have a Swiftboat veteran here in Oregon named Al French that is paying a big price for his stance, let's not forget about him. He could use some vindication. Let's not leave any brothers behind.

I wonder. There were a host of questions raised about why Sandusky and Thorsen not only stuck with sKerry and appeared for so many years physically surrounding him on stages, but how it is that they went from sailor and Swiftie to sell-out. How did they persist in saying what they did, even as they had to change their own stories? What was in it for Rassman that he gave so MANY different accounts, publicly accusing himself in effect of fraud?

So that may be why even those like Reese would be loathe to 'make nice' at this point. But it would be up to each of them. One could welcome them and discover that they are lost. They are compelled. They feel themselves beyond help and would warn others only never to become such a bitter liberal Democrat and avoid such a fate? I don't know.

I suspect the reason for each had something to do with the 'moral issues' and a heart for dishonesty, for fraud, for stealing elections, for racing to the bottom of the barrel. The hope isn't to welcome them as they are, but also to present a better alternative and the hope that they could turn their lives around. Maybe?
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: me the nut case one Reply with quote

Would like for them to go to the "black wall" with

someone from CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS and walk to the wall

get on their knees and ask for forgiveness from those there.

Then I'll buy them a beer.

kind work awaits them and their final choice
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree this would be a good idea. Magnanimous to all except one.
But that is something that only the actual Swiftees themselves can do,and work out amongst themselves. The rest of us Swift auxiliaries and allies have to stand aside on this one and let them sort out their own.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This election has created a division inside the Swift Community, against men on the same boat and against friends from a time so long ago. Now that it is over, I would welcome any of my Brothers to shake hands and go on towards the future; except one but I only speak for myself. I cannot, nor will I ever be able to forgive jfk for the lies against our fighting men and the ones Still on Patrol. We shared a special time together on a small little but beautiful boat called a Swift and we should not let politics split us apart. I hope they feel the same.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I would urge everyone to be magnanimous in Victory with our fellow veterans and begin to sow the seeds of reunification.

If any of them have anything to say, they'll say it when they're ready. They'll be ready faster if they are accepted back in the circle of "real" brothers.

IMHO
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator Note: The below Comments are all that is needed to be said about this subject. This Topic is locked.

mtboone wrote:
This election has created a division inside the Swift Community, against men on the same boat and against friends from a time so long ago. Now that it is over, I would welcome any of my Brothers to shake hands and go on towards the future; except one but I only speak for myself. I cannot, nor will I ever be able to forgive jfk for the lies against our fighting men and the ones Still on Patrol. We shared a special time together on a small little but beautiful boat called a Swift and we should not let politics split us apart. I hope they feel the same.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: