SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest vote, county by county (Pic of map)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Latest vote, county by county (Pic of map) Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm

Very Happy

Stolen Honor
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this myself yesterday. Very interesting about Ca., my state, notice were all of the Dem votes came from.
Bay area from San Jose N. to Santa Rosa Heavyly populated area.
Then Santa Barbara, Hoolywood/LA. Heavy poulation lots of actors in all of these areas, not much surprise here at all.
Whats interesting though is the Yucca Valley area at the bottom right, heavy Latino area due to Mexican border and farming area. And yet some commintaters said that what pushed Bush over the top was the Latino vote. I don't agree. Kerry was the one promising amnesty, not Bush. the map proves this.
Still a considerable amount of the state is rebublican, I believe the vote was 45% R-55% D, not 90% D like most MSM reports. 2000 election was almost identical.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good earth quake away from being a red state.

Stolen Honor
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4 on that and I would have beach front property seeing how the andreas fault is just about 40 to 50 miles west of my place. After I built a new house.
I wonder if Michal Moore can swim?
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother <a great conservative> lives near Pacific Palisades, so watch yer mouths, please.

I have been through a couple of quakes, and I do not wish them on anyone.
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not meen any offensce to anyone Kimmymac, that was a joke. I and my wife, who was born and raised in SF., Ca. and we have lived in Ca. all of our lives.
We have been through numerous earthquakes. Most just sway the ceiling fans a little, no damage. I was in LA. when the Northridge Quake hit , lots of new homes dammaged.
But the San Andreas fault story about Ca. dropping off in the ocean is considered by the vast majority of californians too be an impossible myth started by somebody because of the fact that it runs paralell to the coast from about 250 miles north of SF. too a little south of LA. The ground formation between the fault and the ocean is not the same as the valdez area so its very unlikly that it will liquify the way it did in Valdez Alaska.
There would not be that many peple living on the coast of Ca. if there was any validation to the story. Californians are not that dumb.
In fact we just had a 6.5 earthquake on the andreas fault a few weeks ago.
Personnaly I would rather put up with earthquakes than the devestation tornadoes and hurricanes cause every year.
Actualy your friend needs to be more concerned with fires and mud slides caused by rain than earth quakes, since that happens more frequently.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: List Reply with quote

I tried to find an actual list of counties throughout the country that shows the voting stats. I couln't find anything.

Anyone know where such a list might be found.

Thank you.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timber--none taken (offense, that it) and he isn't my FRIEND...he's my BROTHER. Wink Actually, he is also my friend.

Yep, earthquakes, fires, mudslides...one could almost think Mother Nature doesn't want anyone living there...
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A precinct level map is even more compelling ... but alas I was unable to find a link to one.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that little blue county in the middle of Texas. Unfortunately that is my county and where the capitol is. Even prayer hasn't softened the liberal hearts here. Crying or Very sad
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whats interesting though is the Yucca Valley area at the bottom right, heavy Latino area due to Mexican border and farming area. And yet some commintaters said that what pushed Bush over the top was the Latino vote. I don't agree. Kerry was the one promising amnesty, not Bush. the map proves this.

True, but there was a bit of a shift in the Latino vote toward Bush, and that helped. I'd suspect that as more and more Latinos become more integrated into "Mainstream" America, paying more taxes, etc., some -- I don't know what % -- will lean right. Many Latinos are conservative on some social issues, and that could be a fruitful area.

My wife is a Filipina, and after following all the rules to come here legally,
(very long, expensive, and frustrating process) I can tell you she sure as heck doesn't think much of goodies for illegals!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the gray counties are votes still not in - good grief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: