SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Past and Future

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Austen Lennon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Past and Future Reply with quote

When he first was elected 4 years ago I thought the same as all the rest… What a monkey!

Then came 9/11. Which was planned in Clinton’s time and executed in Bush’s time.

Since then he (and Blair whom I think is one of the bravest PM’s that we have ever had) have done everything that he promised and, despite his monkey-ness, has led from the front.

There is absolutely… absolutely no doubt in my mind that there are a range of terrorists out there who would, not only blow up a major city, but would destroy the whole of the civilised world if they could get the weapon.

Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Iran, North Korea, Chechnya the list goes on and on.

Talking and threatening does no good…. It was tried with all of these nations. The mind set of them all is strength.

Libya backed off quickly and Iran followed suit. And now that the democratic world is wavering Iran is starting to be devious again.

Had France and Germany and others backed the coalition at the start and stayed loyal through the tough times we would be in a much stronger situation today. How would Syria get away with not policing its borders against the insurgences if we had a strong army there? Etc etc etc.

This fight was coming for a long time and it is far from over….

The strongest nation on the planet needed a strong leader. Bush is no Churchill but he is the best they got and I am glad that he’s there and I am even gladder that Blair is there.... and it's thanks to the Vietnam vets that we have seen the last of Kerry
Route6
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: