SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat veterans were getting to Kerry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat veterans were getting to Kerry Reply with quote

Kerry Anger Over Swift Boat Ads. By August, the attack of the Swift Boat veterans was getting to Kerry. He called adviser Tad Devine, who was prepping to appear on "Meet The Press" the next day: "It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he fairly shouted over the phone. Kerry blamed his advisers for his predicament. (Cahill and Shrum argued responding to the ads would only dignify them.) He had wanted to fight back; they had counseled caution. Even Kerry's ex-wife, Julia Thorne, was very upset about the ads, she told daughter Vanessa. She could remember how Kerry had suffered in Vietnam; she had seen the scars on his body, heard him cry out at night in his nightmares. She was so agitated about the unfairness of the Swift Boat assault that she told Vanessa she was ready to break her silence, to speak out and personally answer the Swift Boat charges. She changed her mind only when she was reassured that the campaign was about to start fighting back hard.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041104/nyth186_1.html
oldhawk90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: First wife's publicity Reply with quote

Most interesting. Never heard of Julia in the campaign. Would
be most helpful to the country if we could see ALL the documents
generated by the short but inadequate service of J. Kerry.
Scars? I've got more from my roses than he ever saw, unless
of course, he took liberty in some restricted area. Nightmares?
Certainly, I buy that. I wouldn't sleep either if I was a #%^*&(
traitor.
We need more exposure, more truth. Let's finish this action,
the vets of all wars deserve it.
Regards, an old vet, sailor and grateful American
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, ex wives are well known for wanting to leap to the defense of their ex-husbands...anytime, anyplace.

Please. If Kerry had any defense against the Swift Boats, we would have all heard about it. He kept hoping it would go away, that's all.

"Dignify." The campaign didn't want to "dignify" the "charges"?

Kerry is the least dignified man I have ever seen. He is a nasty, small minded, lying, completely phoney jack-ass, so don't give me that "they wanted to be above it all" crap.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H-m-m-m, interesting. Posing as "news" is this Yahoo advertisement for Newsweek's "Special Election Edition." Also interesting, isn't it, how they didn't mention Brinkley's revelation about Kerry meeting with "terrorists," and some more goodies.
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Oh yeah, ex wives are well known for wanting to leap to the defense of their ex-husbands...anytime, anyplace.

Please. If Kerry had any defense against the Swift Boats, we would have all heard about it. He kept hoping it would go away, that's all.

"Dignify." The campaign didn't want to "dignify" the "charges"?

Kerry is the least dignified man I have ever seen. He is a nasty, small minded, lying, completely phoney jack-a**, so don't give me that "they wanted to be above it all" crap.

"Dignify"-Definition from the real world dictionary: 1)BRING MORE ATTENTION TO 2) KEEP ATTENTION ON
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yu think that Vanessa may have it confused. It was his wife that he gave mouth to mouth to and saved her life and it was her hamster that saw the scars, witnessed the nightmares, and finally wanted to come out and correct the record until it was notified that the campaign was going to do the job instead.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all remains as spin...don't buy into it one bit.

The reason why Kerry did not personally refute the charges of the Swift-Vets is because HE COULD NOT REFUTE THE TRUTH OF WHAT THE SWIFT-VETS SAID. If he did, his lies would be exposed further. All he could do was shut up.

It had nothing to do about what his campaign advised....don't forget his Staff kept on changing the Cambodia answer....if he would have attempted to refute anything else...he would be further exposed.

It had nothing to do with advisers, it had everything to do with Kerry being a compulsive and opportunistic liar.
jsmitheng
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Julia heard John Cry? Reply with quote

That is hard to imagine. Seems Mr.K was separated from her for more than 8 years. Newspaper stories and poli sci groups in Mass claimed the lady was somewhat of a regular with counselors. Her comment about the request for a dissolution of their 20 year marriage when John met his new financier was something to the effect," strange we had these kids !". I know of mail clerks who never left Saigon post office who also had bad dreams about Nam mostly because their fear was real too. I imagine more dreams are ahead concerning the surprise that America for the most part did not fall for the plan and denials.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Skerry was so PO'd at the SwiftVets "attacks" why he didn't just release his 180 and prove them wrong, shutting them up? I'll tell you why, 'cause the Swifties had his number! Just how gullible does the OLM think Red State Americans are? Twisted Evil
CeeBeeBratPH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex-Wife? I thought that marriage was rendered null and void by the annullment granted so he could "marry" the widow Heinz.

Once a piece of scum, always a piece of scum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: