SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"WE HAVE NOT WON"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret.
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: "WE HAVE NOT WON" Reply with quote

Let's not celebrate!!! We have Not Won Yet!! Remember our mission and goal fellow Vet's. Yes we have exposed Kerry for who he is and helped defeat him, but we have not completed our mission. In the near future he and his party will distort the truth again and try to cover up the truth. They will not try to support President Bush and will start to rebuild their party by distorting the facts. As for Kerry, he has not yet been held accountable for his actions against our fellow Vet's and our country during and after the VietNam war. If we do not continue the mission then everything you SwiftVets have done will only appear to have been a 327 Group that distorted the truth against Kerry. If we continue it will prove to everyone we are after Kerry and will not rest until the truth and justice has prevailed.
I urge every Vet to join in and continue the support of our final mission.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now, even SAILORS celebrate between battles! I know, I've seen it happen. It can get pretty messy....

Let's don't confuse the MISSION with the WAR. Our current *mission* is accomplished (to recoin a phrase from our CinC). Taking an objective doesn't mean we've won the war.

However, as some of my warrior acquaintances and friends have explained to me on many occasions, war is a lot of waiting, and training, and waiting, furious combat, followed by more waiting. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The celebrations are few and far between, however, after a wonderful victory, they are important for the morale of the troops.

We'll have plenty of time to gear up again. Kerry isn't going anywhere, we know right where he is.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This IS time to celebrate. This is a huge victory and proof that a grassroots organization operating on a shoestring can beat overwhelming odds and almost unlimited amounts of money.

Some of us will go on from here to other pursuits, but until such time as the Swifts gather and change their mission, their mission as stated is complete.

The Swifts were the biggest single factor in this election. They have saved this country from God only knows what. We have time and breathing space now, to think and plan.

There is much work to do - please see my post near the end of the Vets sign in thread as to some of the projects that remain for any willing hands and hearts.

You have a lot of company, Chief - just give us some time to celebrate and sort things out, okay? Wink
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Triple N,
how about posting the link to the "Honey Do" list...it's not jumping out at me....
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Some of us will go on from here to other pursuits, but until such time as the Swifts gather and change their mission, their mission as stated is complete.

The original mission may have been accomplished but it is doubtful that the SBVT thought that they would wind up being vilified as liars by so much of the media. As far as the media is concerned John Kerry was unjustly attacked and brought down unfairly by the SBVT. The honor and integrity of the SBVT has been challenged and Bush's victory does not erase that.

In every conflict there are lessons to be learned. The lesson here is that the media is much more biased than most people thought and they act in unison more than anyone could have imagined. There is an old cliché that "generals always fight the last war" meaning that they don't apply lessons learned and they don't respond to new realities.

A very biased media still has the SBVT pegged as liars. As far as the general public is concerned Kerry is still the hero and every one of the Swifties who challenged his accounts are liars. That is the new reality that the SBVT should challenge. It would be a shame if they let their honor remain stained by the media when they have so many who will support them in an effort not only to remove that stain but to change the media as well.
armyairbournebrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one plan of attack shoud have to do with the board that handles election fraud. I think it should be a letter writing campaign regarding items that were not given media attention. Things that were pertinent to his character and ability to command troops with respect at a time of war. The media is already looking at blaming Kerry camp for hiking the polls to sway the vote. It was on fox? Any thoughts would this help? If it was found that the did withhold that information. It would help you with validating your statements.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd gen Navy wrote:
Dear Triple N,
how about posting the link to the "Honey Do" list...it's not jumping out at me....

Here ya go:

Quote:
There is much work to to - activism on behalf of our missing brothers and sisters in Vietnam, correcting the history of the Vietnam war as portrayed by Hollyweird and as taught in our institutions of higher education, restoring the Vietnam veteran to his/her rightful and honored place in our culture, taking down the mainstream media - the amount of work to do is mind-boggling.

But, one thing I have learned is that you can do anything with some dedicated volunteers, a few willing hands and hearts. As we rest up and re-group, you'll find a place to occupy some spare time and skills.

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not up to me or to any of us here to decide what the SVPT will do next.

If they retain their original mission, it's a mission well-accomplished, and they can disband with the gratefulness of a country saved from God-only-knows-what for at least the next four years.

How much more will we ask of any individual?

If they disband and move on, it's up to us to carry on the banners.

It's up to us to carry on the work that has been shown necessary in our society.

And this we will do - the willing and the capable among us.

The Swifts have served their country twice with highest distinction.

I will ask only within myself - "What can I do? What is my next job?"

There are many places to become involved. We don't know how long this site will remain available, but, there is time to sort it all out, figure out who wants to do what, what causes need our time and energy and skills the most.

Let's just chill out for a few days and let the founders tell us if they need us to do anything.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I post something here?

Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

Thank you

Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the SBVTS have accomplished what they started out to do - keep

Kerry from becoming CIC ! Every station I've listened to today lists

them as a major downfall to Kerry's campaign.

They also call them liars.... so for now my mission is to continue to send

out emails to the likes of the MSM and Ron Reaagan etc regarding this.

little Ron for instance, is either out and out lying himself, or has not read the books... TOD and UFC .... nor has he reviewed Kerry's military docs or FBI files.... if he had, he wouldn't be saying that !... we have a few

friends out there like Pat Buchanan and Michael Reagan, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin etc..... so for awhile, I just plan to catch them as I hear them on TV and send an email .... it'll keep 'em soften up for a major battle if one arises.

but we have come thru a major battle and need time to rest and gather our thoughts.... at least the enemy is not breathing down our backs with the time ticking away.... THIS HAS BEEN A MAJOR VICTORY !

The SBVTS and POW'S have twice now thrown themselves into the line of the enemy for us and our country. I'm very grateful for that and don't ask more of them (except maybe some advice now and again if we need iit). Thanks to all of them for making me AWARE of the enemy within our midts.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret.
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't agree with you on thisoutlook you have. The Swifts put together a machine to get the truth out and hold Kerry accountable for the lies and dishonor to his fellow Vet's & country. They gave us Vet's the best hope in 30 years. Sure the Swifts and the many supporters put together a powerful message to the people of the United States and greatly contributed to his defeat along with many other things.
I like most Vets understood that Swiftboat Vets & POW's for Truth was not just interested in politics and bringing out the truth about him & Not just another 527 Republican Group who's only intrest was fear & smear. They pulled us out of the shadows of shame and gave us hope to right a wrong. To return the respect and honor we all deserve especiallly thoes who never returned and names are on the wall.

George W. Bush has won & thank god for that but we have not won until Kerry is held accountable and the World knows him for what he is. We have supported and contributed to this cause and to say we have finished is another slap in the face. The Kerry camp will bag & tag us as lires, misfits, and what other names they can use to discredit us. There is only one choice & that is to continue the assult on Kerry to prove & hold him accountable for his traitorous acts. Swift Vets and POW's for Truth must remain in tact and with the support of fellow Vets and many others, can put to rest this 30 year struggle.
I am an American Military Veteran and proud of my fellow Vets of all Wars and Conflicts.
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: We Have Not Won Reply with quote

I may have misunderstood, but I believe I heard John O. say a number of time the Vets wanted Kerry to apologize. That all that was ever asked of Kerry was for him to apologize to the vets and release his 180. Neither of those goals have yet been accomplished.

Avant
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a short 'victory celebration', I want to see all of Navy Chief's hard work brought to the forefront and Skerry proved to be the traitor I feel he is. Too much time, effort, and money has been put into this project to let it lay dormant. What's that old expression--the SwiftVets have won the battle, but not the war? It's time for the next battle, and the next, and the next if necessary, until the war is won! Of course, all depends on if Navy Chief wants to persue.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you realize it. In his concession speach he again implied you were all liars. He thanked his band of brothers who told the truth. The media is still running with the 250 that lied and the 9 that told the truth. Still no one has addressed the MIAs that John Kerry wrote of in 1992. Still seared in the mind of America is John Kerry saying "No body left behind". I have been requesting a MIA forum here and yet to see one. I am really getting frustrated. It appears that all only cares about the defeat of John Kerry nothing about the truth. Bottom line is that what America knows from the Kerry Campaign is that 250 Swiftboat Vets and the POWs lied because they wanted to acheive revenge for what he said after he was a hero in Vietnam. That John Kerry is so honorable therefore he did not abandon the MIAs in 1992. G.W. Bush went AWOL from the Air National Guard. CBS tried to reveal this but was caught with forged documents because they felt that the truth had to be known and they used the "exploding Truck" trick to get the truth out. John Kerry finally goes back to work after a year abstanence and they are now talking about making him the minority leader because he was such a hero in his battle to fight that dispictable Bush and those people that cannot be called Americans because they voted for Bush. MSM is telling us that Americans want Change and totally discount the fact that 51% of us unAmericans voted for GW Bush. SWwiftboat Veterans and POWs for Truth appear to be Standing Down.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto

I've been hearing lots of stuff about how everything, all said by all swifts is lies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: