SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody here from the PTF2??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Anybody here from the PTF2?? Reply with quote

Hi all, I was the ET on PTF2 when we were in Little Creek. Looking for shipmates.

Regards, Jim

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: PTF's Reply with quote

Jim:
I road PTF's and PCF's for MACV-SOG out of Danang with the Naval Advisory Detachment from February 1969 to February 1970 on Plowman Missions; however, I road different PTF's so I do not know if PTF-2 was one of them.
Sincerely,
Navyolsalt
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Salt.....do I know you from Coronado???? I was with Gene Wentz(Seal Team One,Instructor Bud/S) at the time...about 7 years ago in the parking lot of the hotel del coronado...after having done a class? we were cut up from rock portaging evols and well......we had a couple of cocktails and we were in my red Toyota Landcruiser........are you a "Jack of all?"
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Detective Reply with quote

Detective:
Gee I really don't know. I worked with Seal Team One and the Green Berets in Vietnam 1969 to 1970 as the radioman on PCF's and PTF's. We use the PCF's to insert covert teams up the rivers in "I Corps" and we used the PTF's for recon and harrassment missions by the 17 parallel on Plowman missions. Were you assigned to MACV-SOG in Vietnam? My last Duty Station was NAVPHIBSCOL in Cororando 1978 to 1981 where I taught Remote Sensors, Communications Security, and Amphibious Warfare. The wife and I lived in Coronado right before I went to Vietnam. Since I retired in 1981 I was out in Coronado many times designing the communications/navigation suite for the LCAC (Hover Craft) 1981-1983. Then I did some time in Coronado as a General Electric consultant to the Nuclear Power plant on Hyw 5 north of SDiego. I am really trying to remember but the years seem to really slip by. I often spent time in the Hotel Del Cororando sucking on a martini. Maybe my name will help ya,
Sincerely,
Robert K. Tucker ("Tuck")
RM1 in Nam Retired as a RMCS from NAVPHIBSCOL
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh....the Name clears it up! Nope, not you buddy. The person of whom I speak is named Jack Salt USN Ret. Seal Team One.
sorry for the misunderstanding but you both sound the same..etc etc
Thanks for serving My Country.
Salute
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTF-1 and PTF-2 were aluminum hull, and PTF-3 and PTF-4 were plywood Sweadish boats. I never made it to 'Nam I got my discharge in '63 before the boats went to Subic Bay in early '64. The ET that went to 'Nam on PTF-2 was Ray Althaus. I think they made one or two runs into the Delta, but the boat didn't run well enough and spent most of it's time in the shipyard in Subic. Does that jog your memory navyoldsalt?

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: