SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mandate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Mandate? Reply with quote

The past few days I've heard liberal commentators repeatedly contradict Pres. Bush's words of receiving a 'mandate from the American people' by pointing out how many votes his opponent received. I heard VP Cheney use the word 'mandate', but don't recall Pres. Bush saying so.

The same thing occurred after his 9/20/01 address to a joint session of Congress. Over and over they repeat his statement that the international community was either 'with us or against us.' What he actually said was: 'Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.'
Are these commentators and pundits hearing/seeing the same things I am? Even journalists for whom I have a tiny bit of respect left, have done the same thing. Twisting these statements gives new meaning to what was actually said, usually to the detriment of Pres. Bush.

A lie, if repeated often enough, can become the truth. Did anyone else hear Pres. Bush say he was given a 'mandate?'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: