SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This IQ story just won't go away
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: This IQ story just won't go away Reply with quote

Some of you may not have been around long enough to know that the IQ story that has been haunting Kerry was given birth on this forum. Here is some more of the same.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/5/100906.shtml

Friday, Nov. 5, 2004 10:00 a.m. EST

Kerry Wails at Loss to 'This Idiot'

We love it when the far left misunderestimates President Bush. Latest example:

Michelle Malkin's blog today points out a highlight of Newsweek's behind-the-scenes look at the campaign. Kerry grumbled to an underling when President Bush's popularity shot up in April after a news conference derided by the media elites, "I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot."

Meanwhile, as NewsMax reported weeks ago, a study done by IQ expert Steve Sailer, a columnist for immigration reform Web magazine Vdare.com, who is also adept at estimating a person's IQ, says the president's score on the the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test suggests that his I.Q. is in the mid-120's, while Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was about 120 according to Sailer's extrapolation Kerry's score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

Sailer's analysis was called credible by Linda Gottfredson, an IQ expert at the University of Delaware. She told the Times she wasn't surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter.

"People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," she said.

Kerry told NBC newsman Tom Brokaw that the reason President Bush outscored him on military intelligence tests was that he "must have been drinking the night before" he took the military aptitude test.

So if Bush's is an "idiot" with an IQ in the 95th percentile of the population, and Kerry and his billionaire backers couldn't defeat him in an election, what does that make them?

Sam
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got to keep on hammering sKerry with anything that comes to hand until he's left a blob of slime on the pages of history. Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry admin, Mary Ann beat me to it.

Sam
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: This IQ story just won't go away Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
So if Bush's is an "idiot" with an IQ in the 95th percentile of the population, and Kerry and his billionaire backers couldn't defeat him in an election, what does that make them?

On the other forum I am a member of I shut up their "He is an idiot and everyone who supports him" argument.

I simply agreed that we are morons and that it really is possible to defeat liberals with half your brain tied behind your back.

They didn't understand that line either.

Then agreeing with them again I said you intelligent liberals just got your handed to you by a bunch of morons.

Do you feel smarter now? I asked

Then on Gary Mcnamara WBAP 820 Dallas/Ft.Worth a caller explained that oxygen deprivation causes liberalism. He then went to the Red/Blue map and argued that everywhere Kerry won has a higher elevation or higher levels of air pollution. These can also be used to defend that air pollution has been decreasing under Bush'e watch as there aren't as many liberals as before.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberalism is caused by oxygen deprivation to the brain?? HMMMMM!
I guess that'e why all those states are blue. They've been holding their breath for so long they've all gone cyanotic. I guess that's where we get the term "New England Blue Bloods" Yea Right. Like sKerry's one of them NOT! Laughing

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: This IQ story just won't go away Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
Aristotle The Hun wrote:

On the other forum I am a member of I shut up their "He is an idiot and everyone who supports him" argument.

I simply agreed that we are morons and that it really is possible to defeat liberals with half your brain tied behind your back.

They didn't understand that line either.

Then agreeing with them again I said you intelligent liberals just got your handed to you by a bunch of morons.

Do you feel smarter now? I asked

Then on Gary Mcnamara WBAP 820 Dallas/Ft.Worth a caller explained that oxygen deprivation causes liberalism. He then went to the Red/Blue map and argued that everywhere Kerry won has a higher elevation or higher levels of air pollution. These can also be used to defend that air pollution has been decreasing under Bush'e watch as there aren't as many liberals as before.

I am glad I don't need to argue with you. Brilliant!

Sam
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: This IQ story just won't go away Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
Quote:
Kerry told NBC newsman Tom Brokaw that the reason President Bush outscored him on military intelligence tests was that he "must have been drinking the night before" he took the military aptitude test.

PLEASE do not forget, it was in an exchange on this IQ subject with Brokaw on NBC Nightly News, 10/28/04, that Kerry inadvertantly admitted that all of his military records were not released; and that the following night, on NBC's Dateline, that admission was edited out when the same interview was re-broadcast.!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this as typical prejudice that a southerner receives from the West coast,eastern and some northern states. One has only to open their mouths accent and idioms blaring to be declared ignorant,uneducated,racist,rednecked,etc.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
I see this as typical prejudice that a southerner receives from the West coast,eastern and some northern states. One has only to open their mouths accent and idioms blaring to be declared ignorant,uneducated,racist,rednecked,etc.

Many people assumed Bush was stupid because he spoke with a regional dialect and exhibited a personable, “down home” demeanor. Likewise many people thought Kerry was smart because he had an East Coast (Boston) accent and a patrician demeanor. Surprisingly, even many of my fellow Mensans share this bias with the general population. Most Mensans think Kerry is smart and Bush is stupid.

I am an Iowa farm boy, and have lived with the bigotry of city people who just assume that a country boy is stupid. The most obvious example of this regional bigotry in America is that many blue state people think the red state people are stupid.

I also serve as Gifted Child Coordinator. In that position I have come to see many gifted children who were also learning disabled in some area. I am a math idiot, but I still belong to Mensa. I am reminded of a brilliant young MENSA Scholarship winner who stumbled painfully reading his written “thank you” at the awards banquet. Over the years I have become sensitive to the cruel stereotypes which imply that gifted children are stupid. I endured this myself as a child. So did many of you. Let’s just say I am sensitized to the issue of calling people stupid because of personal habits or eccentricities.

Before we pat ourselves on the back let us admit that some red state people think blue state people are stupid, and if not stupid, immoral.

The red blue county map make this division even more clear. It boils down to the big city people against the rest of America.

Sam
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what liberals would say about this stereotype if it were applied to those with dialectic or regional accents who are non-white? They'd scream and yell "racism," of course; their all-purpose "shut up!" And not notice that that epithet may apply to them.

I wonder if liberals really do believe such a stereotype, consciously or not, which may be why so many minorites are manipulated and condescended to by them, and crippled by the stereotypes of victimization and entitlement.

Bill Cosby may be on to something.

And, by the way, I do not think Blues are stupid - I think they have been successfully propagandized by growing up, being educated by and living among warmed over fellow travelers from the days when Marxism had some credibility and cache among intellectuals and opinion makers.

As the logo on the parody website, "Communists For Kerry" says, "A Century of Failure Proves Nothing." It is what old-time Catholic theologians used to call "invincible ignorance" which has a connotation different from an intelligence connotation.

Watching them flounder around looking for why they lost is an object lesson in "existential clueless."
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not fool ourselves. Racial discrimination still exists, maybe not as blatant as in the past, but it is still there. And the worst offenders are members of the liberal left who pretend to be tolerant. As that story about the lady in the NYC cab illustrates...you know the one who charged her cab driver with harassment because he, a Black man, dared to confess that he was voting for George Bush. So, we are all fine as long as we toe the line, are Politically Correct, Keep Our Place, and are A Credit To Our Race.

They may fool themselves that they are tolerant and the best thing that ever happened to minorities...but, they have no idea how deeply they are distrusted. We Hispanics did not vote for Mr. Kerry because he had nothing to offer us besides platitudes. And I believe we knocked out those old stereotypes about loyal Democratic Latinos. Mr. Kerry forgot how many of us are devout Catholics, or (worse yet!) evangelical Christians! The evangelical Christian movement is growing among Hispanic populations! And Latinos are a very conservative society, by and large.

Something that Liberals not only failed to take into account...they didn't even see it coming. Mabye they'd better take another look at the demographics, and see what's REALLY out year before 2008.

Maria
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSeeger wrote:
Quote:
Racial discrimination still exists, maybe not as blatant as in the past, but it is still there. And the worst offenders are members of the liberal left who pretend to be tolerant.

Quote:
So, we are all fine as long as we toe the line, are Politically Correct, Keep Our Place, and are A Credit To Our Race.

Exactly, liberal democrats expect minorites to: stay in your place where you belong. Don't mainstream, always wear that label like you are branded. You can hang with us and be our friend if you walk in our footsteps. Oh do I hear you MSeeger. I have been thinking the same thing.
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: This will help you to understand Reply with quote

Forget the IQ issue... Benet IQ is the primary test used today and it cannot be interpreted from external documents. Read these, they are free online or the book is available in paper back

http://www.enticypress.com/

Click Read Online MODERN MYSTICISM
Then click
CHAPTER 19 The Politics of Brain Function
and
CHAPTER 21 Bigotry Assumptions
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: This will help you to understand Reply with quote

iggit wrote:
Quote:
Forget the IQ issue... Benet IQ is the primary test used today and it cannot be interpreted from external documents.

Bush's IQ vs. Kerry's was never an issue for me. The issue was that Kerry's ego could not let the comparison pass by, in his interview with Brokaw, so he had to add the death blow (he thought) to the argument by telling Brokaw that his military personnel records were not public anyway, "so how would you know." BANG! BUMP!

He admitted a campaign-long lie, admitted the need to have concealed his full record . . . and then NBC edited the admission out of the interview for re-broadcast the very next night.

This episode in itself proves that if Kerry is not stupid, then his ego was a liability for high office, and his arrogance as President could easily have undone more than his credibility. It also serevs to show the complicity of the MSM in supporting and covering for Kerry, and it shows the MSM's deriliction of its duty to inform the public.
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: This will help you to understand Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
iggit wrote:
Quote:
Forget the IQ issue... Benet IQ is the primary test used today and it cannot be interpreted from external documents.

Bush's IQ vs. Kerry's was never an issue for me. The issue was that Kerry's ego could not let the comparison pass by, in his interview with Brokaw, so he had to add the death blow (he thought) to the argument by telling Brokaw that his military personnel records were not public anyway, "so how would you know." BANG! BUMP!

He admitted a campaign-long lie, admitted the need to have concealed his full record . . . and then NBC edited the admission out of the interview for re-broadcast the very next night.

This episode in itself proves that if Kerry is not stupid, then his ego was a liability for high office, and his arrogance as President could easily have undone more than his credibility. It also serevs to show the complicity of the MSM in supporting and covering for Kerry, and it shows the MSM's deriliction of its duty to inform the public.

You are absolutely correct. And it has made me feel very good to have joined this site's forum close to its beginning threads.

My point, and that which can be attained in the chapters listed above, is that the liberal mind is different than the conservative mind and there is a reason for both that also explains many other things. Reading those chapters would come in quite handy when attempting to discuss either issue with a liberal or a conservative. If you know how a person thinks you can get through to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: