SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This IQ story just won't go away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This will help you to understand Reply with quote

iggit wrote:
Quote:
My point, and that which can be attained in the chapters listed above, is that the liberal mind is different than the conservative mind and there is a reason for both that also explains many other things. Reading those chapters would come in quite handy when attempting to discuss either issue with a liberal or a conservative. If you know how a person thinks you can get through to them.

Thanks. I scanned over the website and will revisit it. It is an area that has long been a fascination of mine.

If we could penetrate the fog of media propaganda, perhaps there would be a mass reevaluation of their assumptions - a big crack (like totally outing Kerry's fakery) might cause walls to tumble. But, watching them wiggle and writhe over the election loss, and come up with idiotic and self-preserving explanations, then go back on the spin offensive, makes one wonder if they can be reached at all.

As I said elsewhere, the parody website "Communists For Kerry" has a telling slogan: "A century of failure proves nothing!" So you are probably on to something about the fundamental nature of their obstinate intransigence.
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: This will help you to understand Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:

Thanks. I scanned over the website and will revisit it. It is an area that has long been a fascination of mine.

In a nut shell; (And you will be able to ascertian the validity of this for yourself in an instant):

Liberals (the default, not all persons as mental processes are a combination of nature and nuture) are for the most part, visual conscious thinkers. They think in pictures. Their perception of reality is based in the images they have already seen. Anything that supports those images supports their 'notion' of reality, regardless of how incorrect it may be. A conscious visual thinker is not able to create an image unless an image is already 'in there' to be used in such contemplation. Materialism is a product of visual thinking (explained in detail in the Politics of Brain Function chapter of Modern Mysticism.)

Conservatives on the other hand, (the default, not all persons as mental processes are a combination of nature and nuture) are for the most part, aural conscious thinkers. They think in words and concepts. Reality to them is not materialistic it is conceptual where the concept is derived from perception but perception does not create the concept.

Males are (the default, not all persons as mental processes are a combination of nature and nuture) aural conscious thinkers while females are (same disclaimer) visual conscious thinkers. There are exceptions to both.

There are eight different combinations of visual and aural brain function that include short-term (conscious) and long-term (sub-conscious) memory processes and the combination of the two as to which is dominant over the other. The Politics of Brain Function chapter details those variations and what they mean to the person with specific function ability.

I'm not selling a book by mentioning these things. Yes, the paperback is available but not necessary all chapters of both books are online and free to read and download. No income is derived from the sale of the books anyway.

The important aspect is that how a person thinks goes a long way to determine how a person's environment will be perceived and therefore how that environment will be utilized in thought processes.

The first 'side' conservative or liberal that embraces and employs the methods of brain function in their message will be the 'side' that gets their message across to the other 'side' and in doing so will be the 'side' that dominates.

I can rest assured that visual thinking liberals will not embrace this process as they do not have a mental picture of it already existing so it is disregarded. But aural thinkers who contemplate concepts can embrace it easily if they are consciously controlled and not sub-consciously controlled where the past is more dominant than 'now'.

All the best.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surprisingly, even many of my fellow Mensans share this bias with the general population. Most Mensans think Kerry is smart and Bush is stupid..

Aristotle/Sam, interesting thread. Question: Among Mensans that lean liberal/for Kerry, are they also more inclined to be agnostics/atheists? And mensans that lean the other way, are they more inclined to be deists/theists?

I think, generally, liberals tend to be agnostics/atheists, whereas the other side tends to be theists/deists.

Kerry professed Christianity, but my gut says he’s almost certainly agnostic (hence gray & allegedly nuanced), and I’d guess that most, whether they were for or against Kerry, perceived him similarly.

From discussions, often passionate, I’ve had with various atheists/agnostics, they tend to be liberal and, at bottom, are blinded by their certainty that they’re right and that science confirms their POV, and that those who think otherwise are uneducated/ simpleminded. (In spite of all the history indicating that the greatest human accomplishment has been achieved by a culture and people that have the sense that life has purpose and a belief in ideals of beauty, truth, and goodness, i.e., deists/theists).

Fred H.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Quote:
Surprisingly, even many of my fellow Mensans share this bias with the general population. Most Mensans think Kerry is smart and Bush is stupid..

Aristotle/Sam, interesting thread. Question: Among Mensans that lean liberal/for Kerry, are they also more inclined to be agnostics/atheists? And mensans that lean the other way, are they more inclined to be deists/theists?

I think, generally, liberals tend to be agnostics/atheists, whereas the other side tends to be theists/deists.

Kerry professed Christianity, but my gut says he’s almost certainly agnostic (hence gray & allegedly nuanced), and I’d guess that most, whether they were for or against Kerry, perceived him similarly.

From discussions, often passionate, I’ve had with various atheists/agnostics, they tend to be liberal and, at bottom, are blinded by their certainty that they’re right and that science confirms their POV, and that those who think otherwise are uneducated/ simpleminded. (In spite of all the history indicating that the greatest human accomplishment has been achieved by a culture and people that have the sense that life has purpose and a belief in ideals of beauty, truth, and goodness, i.e., deists/theists).

Fred H.

You surmise correctly. My experience with Mensans is that most of them decided religion was something they were not interested in embracing. In other words “indifference” is the most common attitude. Of those who have thought about religion most of them are agnostic as there is an agreement that atheism has no more claim to truth than theism, so the intellectually honest position is agnosticism.

My wife decided to schedule a Hymn sing on Sunday morning at a weekend Mensa convention. A few eyebrows were lifted at the idea of listing “hymn sing” as an event at a Mensa convention. Surprisingly, about 20 people showed up (out 0f 200) and we had a good time.

My wife and I are both clergy. Generally we are respected and treated well.

Sam
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank GOD I am not too smart to believe in God. Whew! Dodged that bullet.

Just another proud moron for Bush. With a 127 IQ.

But no Mensan.

Which, no offense Sam, sounds like a disease.

This is the excerpt of a script I am working on for "As the Stomach Churns" for CBS.

What is it doctor? Will he live? Is my husband going to be okay?

Well, It's just too soon to tell. You see...

Yes, doctor? What is it?

I'm afraid your husband is a Mensan.

AAhhh noooooo doctor <sob>

......Stay tuned....
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next day. The scene opens as the grieving wife, having just heard that her husband suffers from incurable Mensa, is being comforted by the doctor. <cut away to scenes of comforting> Comforting over, they are both now enjoying a cigarette.

wife: Doctor, is there no cure for my husband?

doctor: Well, there is one small, very slim hope.

wife: Oh, doctor! Please! I'll do anything!

doctor: Obviously. But about your husband...

wife: yes?

doctor: There is one experimental program for those with Mensa. But it is new, and risky.

wife: <looks hopeful>

doctor: It will take a total commitment by both you and your husband. In fact your whole family. It is radical. Very radical.

wife: <looks anxious> Please, doctor! Just tell me!

doctor: The only possible cure for Mensa is to move to <music swells ominously> a RED STATE.

wife: <gasps, and looks aghast>

doctor: And I am afraid, my dear Theresa, that because of your husband's advanced state of Mensa, only the most radical cure will have any hope in succeeding.

wife: <gasps> Doctor, you don't mean...

doctor: Yes. I am afraid so. You will have to move to Texas, and become the neighbors of Kimmymac.

Wife faints. Fade to black.

Tune in tomorrow when, "As the Stomach Churns" asks that age old question: "If they are so smart how come they keep losing?" And: Will Theresa decide to just dump her Mensan ridden husband, or does she like having a hyphen in her name just way too much?
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final nail in the coffin was the fact that it took Kerry over 12 hours to do the math to figure out that he had lost Ohio. Fox News had it figured out by 10:00 PM Pac. time, and they did most of it in there head.
But then again it took some channels 3 days to figure it out. In fact I don't know if CBS has figured it out yet LOL. Rolling Eyes
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymack,

You are a jewel of great price. I know you hate editors but I am certain some editor (even on a soap opera) would point out that Kerry could not possibly have the dreaded disease Mensan. He doesn't qualify.

Sam
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, please, Sam. Have you ever SEEN a soap? Pregnant men, alien births, dead twins come back as the father of the living twin...you really think this story line is implausible? And in the twist, the wife finds out her husband is a fraud...and then it gets real interestin'.

Oh, Sam, Sam, Sam. Expecting reality. tsktsk. You have to stop attending high- falutin' Mensa meetings and hang out with a bunch of bored Navy wives suffering post partum depression in the midst of our husbands' 8 month deployment. (BYOC) Then you would see that the only comment an editor would have on this story line is "Too boring! Punch it up! Make the wife a tranvestite!"

And actually, art really does imitates life...

Anyway, I am going big screen with my script. I am going to set up a foundation for the Insufferably Incurably Elite. I will be the Mrs Chris Reeves of this movement.

But right now I have to go clean up doggy vomit. Gawd, my life of glamour is a never ending whirl!
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, as uncomfortable as I am with compliments <yeah right> I must say, that was so sweet of you to say. "A jewel of great price."

And sometimes, I am a pearl before swine, but let's leave my husband's family out of this, shall we?

OH JUST KIDDING! CALM DOWN!
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Serious/Not Serious Inquiry/Reply/Comment/Applause/Fan Reply with quote

Editor to Kimmy: It is Mrs. Dana Reeve (no s)
Your script is great!
May I be your agent? (Done that...Lots of T-Shrits)
My favorite oxymoron (play on words) is;
Thank God I'm An Atheist!
Could you add a character loosely based on a self-indulged Boston
blue-blood who is very uncomfortable when he has to shop (servants
are out voting absentee (red state) and he is left to run to the store
for his very wealthy, very demanding, eccentric wife.
He approaches the clerk and asks for the section with sanitary
napkins.
When asked to be more specific he stammers, whatever is for a
severe case of mensa! Arghhhhh
I spend most of my time at the other site.
I miss you like a front tooth!
My fee is 10% plus.....
Mary Ann
PS
I will help with the Sam Script, when his vodka clears up and the
dancing girls get off his TV screen! Or was it his monitor??
Pardon me Embarassed I have half-heimers!
Map
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious/Not Serious Inquiry/Reply/Comment/Applause/Fan Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
Editor to Kimmy: It is Mrs. Dana Reeve (no s)
Your script is great!
May I be your agent? (Done that...Lots of T-Shrits)
My favorite oxymoron (play on words) is;
Thank God I'm An Atheist!
Could you add a character loosely based on a self-indulged Boston
blue-blood who is very uncomfortable when he has to shop (servants
are out voting absentee (red state) and he is left to run to the store
for his very wealthy, very demanding, eccentric wife.
He approaches the clerk and asks for the section with sanitary
napkins.
When asked to be more specific he stammers, whatever is for a
severe case of mensa! Arghhhhh
I spend most of my time at the other site.
I miss you like a front tooth!
My fee is 10% plus.....
Mary Ann
PS
I will help with the Sam Script, when his vodka clears up and the
dancing girls get off his TV screen! Or was it his monitor??
Pardon me Embarassed I have half-heimers!
Map

You two would start thsi when I am busy with clients. Can't talk now. But you can count on my input this evening. Those girls were the fabled dancing girls of the Isle of Langrahans. (look it up)

Sam
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Ann: So I see you have started in on me already! How typical! Okay, the thing about the menses pads might be tacky enough to write into the story line. I will think about it. And 10 percent eh? What is ten percent of bubkas?

The Hun says "Look it up" Methinks the Hun has me confused with someone interested in lessening their level of abysmal ignorance, which I assure you, I do not. I am not suffering from Mensan, he is.

You know what I *love* about editors? How they always threaten to fire me. Oh yes, and sooner or later, they all threaten to fire me. Some of them have even made good on it. The problem is, it is NOT a threat. Sh*t, I never want to be wherever I am working anyway, and all I can think of half the time when I am at "work" is: I wonder if it is as nice out as it looks? And: I bet my pajamas would feel so comfy right now. Or: Hey, those are really cute shoes. I wonder where she got them? Sometimes I think: My boss really does look like that boss in the Dilbert cartoon! Does that make me the one with the triangle hair? And then I giggle at an inappropriate time in a meeting, and everyone looks at me like this: Shocked Then I think: I wonder what the soup du jour is in the cafeteria.

You know stuff like that. Important stuff, which having a real job really interferes with.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islets of Langrahans are in the pancreas.

Sam
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: I Was Going To Say That! But.... Reply with quote

I was going to warn Kimmy about that.
However, my sensitive social side said perhaps one of you
might be diabetic or hypoglycemic!! Pass it up. So I did.
See??
Sam could not wait. Typical male/mensa!
"Patience is a virtue
possess it if you can;
Seldom in a woman
and NEVER in a man"

I guess he does read poetry though! And...his wife being a musician
I did not want to bring up the "Deadheads" or all of that
water music.

Kimmy, you know that in show business the star/tail wags the dog!
You could never be fired!
Hmnnn Wonder if Sam knows that vodka is metabolized 3 seperate
times as sugar. I probably need to tell him.

I know a lot. I just do not understand all I know, and I suspect
a whole lot more.

Did you eat the olives??
Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: