SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm tired of the people who call the swift vets liars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: I'm tired of the people who call the swift vets liars Reply with quote

I would like for the MSM to stop calling the swift vets liars. I would like someone to mention the fact that these men all signed affadvits attesting to the truth of what they said.

When the MSM finally does a real investigation of the swift vets and the truth is then trumpeted in the MSM Kerry will be truly finished once and for all.

And small minded zealots like Chrissy Mathews and The Reagan son who is on MSNBC will have to admit that their man John Kerry was probably one of the biggest liars America has ever known.

Semper Fi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you heard Pat Buchanan tonight apologize for failing to cut off more quickly a certain MSNBC analyst . . .
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Reagans son." I had to explain that to my 10 year old daughter last night. Man, what an embarassment!

Ok, he is President Reagan's son, and I usually don't go along with conspiracy theories, but I truly believe that he was switched at birth! Yeah, you may call me crazy, but consider Little Ronnies looks and character; there is just no way! Good thing is that he will not create any offspring, even though he is married [take that one where ever you see fit], and this lie will end with him! /SARCASM Smile

Last edited by Marquis on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: I'm tired of the people who call the swift vets liars Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:
Quote:
I would like for the MSM to stop calling the swift vets liars. I would like someone to mention the fact that these men all signed affadvits attesting to the truth of what they said.

Calling men who signed affidavits "liars" is accusing them of perjury - false swearing, which is a crime, a criminal offense. If they did not commit the crime of perjury - that is, if they were telling the truth, then anyone calling them a liar has commited libel - a civil offense subject to prosecution and damages. Libel is defined as falsely accusing someone of a crime.

The evidence in such a civil trial, of the truth or falsity of the Swift Vets allegations against Kerry, would have to be Kerry's true and complete military record - all of it; subpoened by the court as evidence.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: I'm tired of the people who call the swift vets liars Reply with quote

[quote="d19thdoc"]openfish24 wrote:
Quote:

The evidence in such a civil trial, of the truth or falsity of the Swift Vets allegations against Kerry, would have to be Kerry's true and complete military record - all of it; subpoened by the court as evidence.

sounds like good reasoning behind O'Neill's invitation to Kerry to sue him.... doesn't it?

guess I'll have to stay up til 2 a.m. again.... to see Scarborough! I missed it earlier.... I do enjoy Pat B tho.... he is a good guy even if a demo.... there are good demos and that is music to my ears!
we have members who are demos... Evan Bayh is - he is one to watch.... think he'll run one day - and I may even vote for him! will depend on his policies - but I don't expect the people around him will be the Chads of Kerry's campaign ! he doesn't shreek or act rude.... he is a nice guy... (so was his father - and I guess he still is)
I changed over to republican after Carter (ick) but I vote for the person...

I'll have to send another email to msnbc.... complimenting on Pat B
and suggesting that Ron jr be required to read TOD AND UFC and compare facts w/ military records etc prior to shooting off his mouth!
Stick to the facts, not your stupid uneducated opinion ....
Pat has read UFC at least 3 times! so you know he studied it and checked his facts!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: I'm tired of the people who call the swift vets liars Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
Quote:
he is a good guy even if a demo.... there are good demos and that is music to my ears! we have members who are demos... Pat has read UFC at least 3 times! so you know he studied it and checked his facts!

I was on the finance committee (fund raiser) for the Democratic candidate for the US Senate in Pennsylvania in 1976 - Bill Green - later Mayor of Philadelphia. His opponent in '76? H. John Heinz, from whom Kerry indirectly became very rich. I later managed a campaign for Congress for a Democrat who lost in the primary (1978).

I am now officially "undeclared" as they put it in New Jersey. Not unlike John O'Neill myself, politically.

This is one reason the mindless charges that the SVPT guys are Republican shills, etc, etc, makes me so mad.

This was always "political" (to defeat Kerry), but it was never "partisan." It was about who Kerry is, not what party he represented. And it had zero to do with Bush.

Try to tell that to the mouth-foaming left-outs.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that there is not an election to influence, it is time for the TRUTH to be trumpeted....

The MSM was complicit in the 1971 lies about VN and have been complicit ever since...

So, they will never trumpet the truth....

The academic elite of today were the protesters of the 60's & 70's - so they will never admit the truth...

The Swiftvets proved that grass roots efforts can make a difference...
One battle won...

So it is time for more VN vets, the only ones who know the truth, to tell the truth and make it be heard....
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the campagin I used to like to go to Democrat Underground to read what the Kool-Aid drinkers were saying. On Nov 3 on their website they had a posting that said " No matter how many lies we told, no matter how had they tried, we just could not get a lying traditorelected"

Even better than that John's step son was online at that time to. Was sort of sweet.
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been arguing with some real idiots on the internet for the past several months about the Swift Vets and POW's.

All they can do is say "they're liars". When pressed to actually debate any specific issue or charge raised by the Swift Vets, they run away and name call.

What bothers them the most is that deep down, they know the Swift Boat Vets and POW's were right and there isn't a damn thing they could do about it except call them liars and attempt to personally smear the Swift Boat Vets...
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:
I would like for the MSM to stop calling the swift vets liars....

I too would like that and I'm sure everyone here would like that. As long as they believe they are the Main Stream, and we refer to them as such, they will do as they please regardless of the truth, public opinion or anything else. Another posting herein by "You Bic?" proposes to STOP referring to them as Main Stream and find another term. How about something new? Terms like unfit, old, liberal, empty, trivial, petty, etc., come to mind. Any other suggestions?
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
openfish24 wrote:
I would like for the MSM to stop calling the swift vets liars....

I too would like that and I'm sure everyone here would like that. As long as they believe they are the Main Stream, and we refer to them as such, they will do as they please regardless of the truth, public opinion or anything else. Another posting herein by "You Bic?" proposes to STOP referring to them as Main Stream and find another term. How about something new? Terms like unfit, old, liberal, empty, trivial, petty, etc., come to mind. Any other suggestions?

I am starting to see "OM" for old media.

But.....until we all get the same letter code down, "Old Media" works for me.

Or...........IM for "Irrelevant Media"

Or..........NMSM for "Non Main Stream Media"

USCG
61-69
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: