SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What went wrong Hollywood wonders...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby asked me if I had listened to the Glen Beck show (at work I can not get him Crying or Very sad )...but he told me the other day Glen had donations where they bought Robert Redford a one-way 1st class ticket to France for him but his publicist would not call them back....Just too funny!!! Very Happy
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, they secede.... they are not contiguous, so how will they form their own country... more like a bunch of city-states --- surrounded by US territory ----

So, the city-states are dependent on the US for commerce, energy, protection, etc. And they will no longer be represented in the US government
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What went wrong Hollywood wonders... Reply with quote

Quote:
people are talking about secession, and they're not completely joking

They can have Philadelphia and Pittsburg but the rest of PA is staying put right where we are.

I still say PA didn't go Blue on November 2 the press just gave us away. We were a closer margin than Ohio who remained grey.

mdcrandall
Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)

Last edited by mdcrandall on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What went wrong Hollywood wonders... Reply with quote

Beatrice1000 wrote:
“WHAT WENT WRONG, Hollywood wonders...”

"The intensity of disappointment is so enormous. I haven't experienced or witnessed anything like it since 1972,"

For every action there is an equal or greater reaction. And the Swift Vets and POW’s for Truth have a long way to go before we fully react to the actions of the Kerry led VVAW the continual perpetuation of the wrongful depiction of our Vietnam veterans by Hollywood produced trash. The torture of our POW’s and the public mistreatment of our Vietnam veterans that continues today as my own Navy son was given the middle finger while on liberty on the Chicago loop this past May.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIaunt wrote:
So, they secede.... they are not contiguous, so how will they form their own country... more like a bunch of city-states --- surrounded by US territory ----

So, the city-states are dependent on the US for commerce, energy, protection, etc. And they will no longer be represented in the US government

And most of us out in the red states are armed with rifles and shot guns. We also control the food supply.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ToBNamedL8r
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Why Hollywood can't get a grip Reply with quote

Argus Hamilton had some insight on this. He said, "Hollywood was demoralized by the Democratic defeat on Tuesday. There is just no bridging this cultural divide. Hollywood views Bush supporters as a bunch of shirtless, tobacco-chewing, beer-guzzling, Scotch-Irish brawlers, and their husbands. "

Rolling Eyes

Just tell me who, what and where. I can figure out the how and why myself. If you want to tell me how and why put it on the editorial page or the discussion boards.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh HA HA HAH HA HA HA...those guys....HA HA wooHA HA.

Gawd, they are just SO funny.

Why don't they save their witty repartee for their next Alfie sized Hollywood blockbuster? They are wasting their brilliant bon mots, and I don't think they have them in adequate supply to waste. I mean, there are just so many Adam Sandler delivered urination jokes out there.

You know, every SINGLE one of us Scot-Irish brawlers, and our husbands, ought to completly stand down from attending or renting movies for the duration.

Let's see how brave they talk when they are having their Rolls repo'ed.

Okay, Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close-up. Twisted Evil
ToBNamedL8r
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is probably the saddest, most upsetting thread I have seen on the web. It brings pictures of Viet Nam vets returning all over again. I still remember being told not to wear my uniform off base.
(Deleted by Admin) These people are beyond contempt.

Evil or Very Mad
ToB

Admin note: Please don't link to contentious material on other forums. Thanks

Just tell me who, what and where. I can figure out the how and why myself. If you want to tell me how and why put it on the editorial page or the discussion boards.
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NONE of these FREAKS will leave this country. If they had to work for a living they would starve to death. Most of them have forgotten their roots. They have lived a delusional life for so long, they believe their own press releases. If we [the RED] states stopped going to the movies, buying their records and DVD's they would be out of a job. Turn off the tv, stay out of the theaters and record stores and that will hurt them in the pocketbook.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've all seen the red-blue state and county map. But the most informative map I've seen is this one:

From this map you can see they can't secede. But if the rumors are true that they'll all immigrate, I can sure see some cheap, under-valued real estate purchase opportunities.

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:

When I'm visiting California some tell me that they want their own state.

So we can kick the liberals out? If you mean these aspiring Canadians up in Marin or along the coast, you might hear them talk one way and paste 100 stickers on their beat up cars. But you won't hear that kind of talk from most every other county, not in Fresno, not in San Diego (mostly), not in the valley, not up around Shasta. Lots of people raise livestock, grow produce, work hard in CA. And those are the Republican counties.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
We've all seen the red-blue state and county map. But the most informative map I've seen is this one:

From this map you can see they can't seceed. But if the rumors are true that they'll all immigrate, I can sure see some cheap, under-valued real estate purchase opportunities.

People have said - never mind LA, what the heck is up with Chicago there. They must have gotten the dead to vote - twice!
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree let them go. But I insist that at the border they first give up their voter registration cards and second do sign a document affirming that they will not try to get an absentee ballot whereby these new Canidians can in any way interfet with the election process in America.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the whole states would secede..... Just the blue counties which are for the most part the large cities ---

Chicago/Cook county is a good example.... The rest of Ill would gladly let them form their own city/state... But the downstaters would stay....

I'd also question the premiss from O'Donnel (I think) that the red states consume more federal $ and the blues contribute more... I'd actually like to see the federal tax income & spending broken out by red and blue counties.... DC was blue and we know it consumes alot of federal funds....
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news for the whiners is they are free to go. Laughing

The bad news for the whiners is the countries that they want to go to don’t want them. They want hard working people with clean records and with skills that are in short supply, like the people in the red counties and states. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: