SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What has Kerry admitted to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jstubb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: What has Kerry admitted to? Reply with quote

I have heard bits and pieces of what he finally has admitted to. I am trying to make a case for the Swift Boat Veterans to a staunch Kerry supporter.

Did he admit to meeting Madame Bhin? (link please)

I know that during the campaign he was backed into a corner or two forcing him to finally admit some things that he was covering or trying cover before.

Can you help me?

This friend of mine is adament more than ever because the Swift Boat Veterans cost Kerry the election.

I really want people to know the truth. Help me make the argument.

What has the MSM and the Kerry campaign used to dispute the evidence?

Besides the ever popular "Lies!" "Lies!" without any proof.

I have read UFC and I beleieve based on what I have seen from Kerry that his character is in line with what the book claims. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that 3 purple hearts and a silver star in 3 months is highly unlikely. I also believe his antiwar stance is in line with his voting record. Why do you think he turned on his brothers after he got home? I know it was for poltical reasons but when do you think he made the decision to speak out against his "Band of Brothers"?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This friend of mine is adament more than ever because the Swift Boat Veterans cost Kerry the election.

Well, he's right, as far as we are concerned Wink

As for information, there are several excellent threads here, especially in teh R&R section covering all the research done. Additionally, here is a link to even more material exposing Kerry;

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: What has Kerry admitted to? Reply with quote

jstubb wrote:
I have heard bits and pieces of what he finally has admitted to. I am trying to make a case for the Swift Boat Veterans to a staunch Kerry supporter.

Did he admit to meeting Madame Bhin? (link please)

I know that during the campaign he was backed into a corner or two forcing him to finally admit some things that he was covering or trying cover before.

Can you help me?

I really want people to know the truth. Help me make the argument.

What has the MSM and the Kerry campaign used to dispute the evidence?

Besides the ever popular "Lies!" "Lies!" without any proof.

I have read UFC and I beleieve based on what I have seen from Kerry that his character is in line with what the book claims. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that 3 purple hearts and a silver star in 3 months is highly unlikely. I also believe his antiwar stance is in line with his voting record. Why do you think he turned on his brothers after he got home? I know it was for poltical reasons but when do you think he made the decision to speak out against his "Band of Brothers"?

Jstubb,

Kerry (or his campaign) has admitted to several things. A good summary is in the epilogue for Unfit For Command that can be found several places.

Kerry did admit to meeting with the enemy during his 1971 Senate Testimony and later his campaign was forced to recant and admit meeting with the N. Vietnamese for a second time after the released FBI records showed so. Originally, he denied the second meeting, but the campaign eventually acknowledged this and said something along the lines of "we'll note that as a footnote in history". I'm going from memory here, so I dont have a link, but look up the link for the 71 Fullbright Commission Senate Testimony and you will find it, and the second Paris meeting is well documented as well.

Other things of interest include his campaign admitting that his first purple heart was for an accidental self-inflicted wound, that his boat (PCF-94) was the only one to flee on March 13th (Bronze Star/3rd PH), and that on March 13th the injury he sustained for his 3rd PH was from blowing up a grenade in a rice cache with no enemy action (Rasmann admitted this). There are several other things that directly contradict his claims and awards and they can be taken directly from his own autobiography "Tour Of Duty". A comparison of "Tour Of Duty" and "Unfit For Command" and the epilogue will show the many lies/deception. Hope this helps!

Last edited by ord33 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grateful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are Kerry's own words from his 1971 testimony:

"I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government and of all eight of Madam Binh's points it has been stated time and time again, and was stated by Senator Vance Hartke when he returned from Paris, and it has been stated by many other officials of this Government, if the United States were to set a date for withdrawal the prisoners of war would be returned.
I think this negates very clearly the argument of the President that we have to maintain a presence in Vietnam, to use as a negotiating block for the return of those prisoners."
--Kerry, testifying before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, April 22, 1971

Madame Binh was the foreign minister of the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG), also known as the Vietcong.

A full transcript of his testimony can be found at:
http://www.c-span.org/2004vote/jkerrytestimony.asp

The audio of Kerry's own admission (at least 30 minutes or more into tape): http://www.jquinton.com/archives/001614.html

The federal law declaring such acts illegal:
"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."
--U.S. Code, Title 18, Part I, Chapter 45, Section 953: Private correspondence with foreign governments

August 1971 Declassified FBI File (you can find at wintersoldier.com): "According to the article [Denver Post, August 26, 1971], Kerry indicated that he had just returned from a trip to Paris, France, to talk with delegates at the peace talks, inluding those from North Vietnam."

(I tried to post the actual image of this FBI document, but it wouldn't post. Perhaps someone else knows how to attach this?)
deight
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Rev. Edward Everett Hale, author of 'The Man Without a Country' became Chaplain of the U.S. Senate in 1903, someone asked him, "What do you do, Sir, pray for the members of the Senate?"

He answered,

"No, I look at the members of the Senate, then pray for the United States of America."

http://www.bartleby.com/310/6/1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Everett_Hale

http://unitarian.ithaca.ny.us/sermons/9_26_04.html

Last edited by deight on Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
jstubb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for your help!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See article on www.newsmax.com in which Kerry wrote in his diary he met with terrorists from North Vietnam in Paris.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
See article on www.newsmax.com in which Kerry wrote in his diary he met with terrorists from North Vietnam in Paris.

neverforget,

Thanks, I hadnt seen that. Here is a direct link for that article.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/7/101350.shtml
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fall for the useage of the word Terrorist in regards to Kerry's meetings. There were no Terrorists back then, just Guerrela Fighters. Using it leaves them an opening to come back and say we are lairs as the ones he met with were delegates of the Communists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: