SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After 50 years in America, my parents voted!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: After 50 years in America, my parents voted!! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of my family and myself for bringing forth the truth about John Kerry and Vietnam. This entire experience has meant a lot to our family because 50 years ago my parents immigrated to America from Italy and have never voted before. During these 50 years, they have raised 4 children and have retired comfortably in this country. They had never taken the opportunity to vote because they found it confusing and no one ever explained the importance of voting to them.

Well, I am happy to say that this year they voted for the first time ever in their lives. Last week, my parents and I sat down at the dinner table with our ballots and I read and explained each position on every vote to them. Since this is in California, it took a few hours but at the end, it turned out to be an historic event for my family.

Why after 50 years did they feel the need to express their right to vote? Their main reason was that they believed in the morals and values of President Bush and they remembered Mr. Kerry in the early 70's when he gave that speach. They described those years as their worst years in America until Ronald Reagan came to save the day. I was born in 1972, so I have no recollection of these times except for the 18% interest rate my brother paid to buy his first house after he got married and the fact that I saw my family prosper during the Reagan Presidency. Needless to say, I became a Republican as soon as I could register.

While for others, this election has divided some families, in my case it was a unifying force. As a family, we sat and watched Stolen Honor together and discussed my research trying to help the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth expose Kerry. This experience has educated all of us, especially those who were born in the early 70's and were never taught anything about Vietnam. No textbook could have or would have given me the insight I learned from the SwiftVets and the POWs for Truth.

All in all, this was a great election and I owe it to all of you!!

Thank You,

SBD
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD, what a marvelous vignette. Thanks for sharing that with us Wink
Stephen Marquette
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks for your help. Tell your parents thank you. Unfortunately, I could not get my parents to even look at Stolen Honor. They voted for the jacka$$.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: