SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Veteran's Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Happy Veteran's Day Reply with quote

Thanks for everything you have done for your country. Very Happy
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless our Veterans, and thank you for your service to our country!

Veteran's Day
Words & Music By:
Red Johnson
Pub: 2000 Count Music BMI

Veterans day was written to draw attention in some small way to the Veterans and how they are being forgotton and who for some reason seem to be falling through the cracks. Without them we wouldn't be enjoying this freedom we seem to be taking for granted. And we must never forget that.

1. We've fought in many places
In our veins the red blood flows
And the price we've paid for freedom
Every Veteran knows
And the Battle Scars we suffer
Will never go away
That's why to me, each day will be
Veterans Day

Cho:
You should walk this land with pride
You're the ones who've kept it free
And the souls of those who died
Will live forever, in you and me
They must never be forgotton
Bring home each MIA
"Till they are free, each day will be Veterans Day

Tag:
God bless America, Land that I love

2. God has blessed America
Let us honor and defend
And keep Old Glory flying
Like an eagle o'er this land
Now to you who've served your country
Let me stand as tall and say
To each of you,"My Best Salute", It's
Veterans Day

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all the veterans and soldiers on this forum!
Your sacrifices have allowed me to enjoy being a mother
and grandmother to four wonderful grandkids without
fear. As the wife of a vet, I know the sacrifices you
and yours have and continue to make for your country.
You are all that stands between tyranny and
your country past and present. Again, thank you
and Bless you all.

Becky
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to express my thanks to the SwiftVets, and indeed all veterans. Your service and your sacrifice are the reason why I can write articles. You've ensured my Freedom of the Press, and I am grateful beyond words.

Thank you.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
securitymom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you...SwiftVets and Vets old and young, here and gone....you are like no others...above and beyond.

God Bless You.
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message to all Veterans who honorably fought to defend and spread freedom:

Thank you for your service, and thank your for sacrafices. We will never forget what you have done for us all.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who, due to a couple of years of age combined with a college
deferment, stayed safely at home during Viet Nam, I would like to thank
those who did serve, at all times, but most particularly during that
troubled time.

Your service deserved the gratitude of your nation, not the hostility that
you found upon your return home. I appologize for those of our
generation who, staying safely at home like me, took out their political
frustration on you.

Thank you for your service.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add my thanks also.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxURA wrote:
Message to all Veterans who honorably fought to defend and spread freedom:

Thank you for your service, and thank your for sacrafices. We will never forget what you have done for us all.

I would like to echo just the same, particularly to the Swift Vets, and the POWs, but also to all veterans for their defense of our nation, our freedom, and freedom around the world, then and now.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say it any better than what's been said above, but, I want to add my thanks too. That goes especially to the Vietnam Vets, to whom I am especially indebted because if it were not for them, I probably would never have met and married my wonderful wife! And, to all Vets for all of our freedom and safety.
ElizabethinSD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I want to add my thanks as well to all the vets, those who paid the ultimate price, those who came home to tell, those who serve today, and those who are fighting now. May God bless you and your loved ones, may He protect those in harm's way, and may their mission be a resounding success.

To the men in my life, my Marine stepdad, my Navy dad, my Air Force hubby, I love you and thank you.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched "Saving Private Ryan" for the first time, tonight.

Seeing it all on the screen brings it home in a way that knowing the numbers and the operations and the maneuvers never could.

As the character in the movie muses at the end, I hope that, when my time comes, I will have lived in such a way as to honor the kind of sacrifices that it took to enable me to live as I have chosen.

Guess I'm getting old. Veteran's Day means more to me every year.

fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to echo my sentiments and remember my father, who I never really knew but served a short time during WWII and died when I was 5.

I've been out of the forums for awhile regrouping after the election. Wife and I aren't seeing eye-to-eye (has NOTHING to do with the election, don't worry), and I'm displaced at the moment.

What did brighten my day, and was a bit symbolic, was the fact that I received my American Legion cap just in time for Veterans day, post 406, Gen. Charles King, Milwaukee. For you Dad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 11, 2004
Remembering Our Vets

Today we honor our Vets that served our country so valiantly. They served not looking for vainglory, but to protect what our country stands for, freedom. The Vets silently have lived their lives, many never recollecting the horrors of war, many never mentioning the physical or mental injuries they sustained. Most Vets will not tell you about the medals they received or the heroic measures they took to save a fellow soldier or soldier’s life. Our vets served valiantly and with much humility.

I remember when my mothers stepfather died, my grandfather, back in 1974. We had known that he fought in World War I, but that was all we ever knew. Going through his papers after his death my mother found documents and a medal of honor for having saved fellow officers heroically after their ship was shot down. He never said a word. The only person who knew was my grandmother who had been sworn by my grandfather not to ever mention this. He did not want to bring any glory to himself for what he believed any soldier would have done in the course of duty.

Today is a day of remembering our Vets and honoring their service. I could not help but to remember my grandfather today and his service, which brought tears to my eyes. Let me say that all Vets are heroes and that I wish my grandfather were alive today so that I could tell him, if only once, that he is my hero.

May God bless our Vets today and everyday.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my mother attend two Veteran's Day services, she'd never been. With her grandson about to enter, I felt this was something we needed to get under the bridge.

Humble, they be. Sitting in a park, under a Carolina blue sky, commemorating the ultimate sacrifice of a "friend" in Iraq, I was reminded of my grandparents' wedding portrait-they are reading his induction orders for WWI and learned that her brother, my uncle, had been on Iwo Jima. He died of alcoholism 17 years ago and she's still mad at him.

Last year I sponsored the POW/MIA Missing Man Table for a convocation at our high school. The candlestick I used on the table was made by another uncle. I asked my aunt about it, only to find out while he'd served on a South Pacific Island, they spent their time during daisy cutter bombs and picking up body parts, making the candlesticks from bullet shells.

My dad served stateside during Korea and I have two cousins that served in 'Nam. When a commemorative brick was placed in his name at the veteran's walk, amazingly, his was surrounded by all his friends from different branches of the service....brotherhood. That was so cool I burst out crying and laughing at the same time. The only story I've heard about that was a crazy rant from the younger one's wife about some ass who threw medals over a fence while she watched napalm flying across the tv screen every night, holding her new baby close to her heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: