SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ronald Reagan Dies and Who Opens their Mouth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Ronald Reagan Dies and Who Opens their Mouth? Reply with quote

Ronald Reagan Dies and Who Opens their Mouth? His son. Ronnie Jr. For those who do not know this kid never gave a damn about his father and at one time when Reagan thought he had lost all hope at raising him as a decent human being enlisted his good friend William F. Buckley to help assist him. After Reagan dies, Junior gets his spurs and tries to make a political name for himself? I always think of that movie where Nic Cage is defending the presidents wife and her wayward son comes to elicit their family name and she rebuffs him.

I am ticked off at Jr's attacking the swifties & playing the part of a political operative on MSNBC with Mathews, which mind you he would never dare do while his father was still alive.

But here is Buckley rebutting Junior.

RR Jr.: The nude picture of his sister Patti in Playboy was "just something that is not too exciting."

WFB: "Why then was there so much excitement about it?"

RR Jr.: As for his father's reaction when he dropped out of Yale to join the ballet, "That was fine with him."

WFB: "It wasn't fine with him and he enlisted my aid in trying to persuade you to stay in college."

RR Jr.: Having three cats while being childless "is like having children." WFB: "No, it's not like having children."

RR Jr.: As to whether his mother helps him out financially, "Of course not. My father felt that children should make their own way."

WFB: "I know, and you know that I know, something about that question. But to say that 'of course' your mother does not help you out suggests she will not do so even if there were a need. Are you saying she would not acknowledge you in her will?"

RR Jr.: As to the Abu Ghraib prison abuses, "How can Christians tolerate it?"

WFB: "I don't know of any Christians who 'tolerate it.' The perpetrators are reviled."

RR Jr.: In an answer to a question, he said he did not vote for Bush in the last election.

WFB: "Odd that you should permit this invasion of privacy whose only purpose is to remark the political infidelity of the son of Ronald Reagan."

RR Jr.: His father "worked hard to impress upon his children the value of kindness."

WFB: "If he did, he was manifestly unsuccessful."

Made me sick watching Junior defend Kerry a communist. His father is barely dead and he is out helping his fathers enemies. Makes me mad as HELL!

Btw, for those who have read a lot about Ronald Reagan he would often ask his closest friends how better to raise his kids. He couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong with 2 of his children. (Reagan has 4 children the rejects are Patti and Jr.) But the thing was Ronnie Jr. & Patti were just too spoiled and in his love spared the rod a bit too much. Quite simple in reflection.

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice information. Ron Jr. sure isn't what his Dad was.

I'm moving this to Geedunk since it isn't Kerry related.
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Reagan is a TRUE Reagan in every sense of the world. I adore him!!!!!

Jr. doesn't deserve the name. He nor his sister showed any respect to their father AND their eulogies were empty and vague and at moments it was like they were struggling to sound warm. ggrrrrrr

Let him join the Kerry team. He can add that to his many lists of failures in his life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: