SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tears for the troops Dan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Tears for the troops Dan? Reply with quote

He can barely contain his emotion contemplating the heroism and devotion of our fighting men and women in Iraq so vividly expressed in the currently "hot" war photo, "Marlboro Man." Yet it was only a month ago that he was foisting fraudulent documents upon an unsuspecting and trusting population designed to elevate a proven smearmerchant of our Vietnam Veterans to the office of CIC.

May the furies of hypocrisy visit you every night in your dreams Dan Rather.

View "Portrait of a soldier"

CBS Evening News
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, given the demonization of smoking for many years, if they didn't choose that particular picture very carefully.

Look how society looks upon smokers and how they are ostracized today. Could they have chosen if for a more subliminal message?

Maybe it's just that I don't trust anything from the media anymore, especially See BS.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I wonder, given the demonization of smoking for many years, if they didn't choose that particular picture very carefully.

Look how society looks upon smokers and how they are ostracized today. Could they have chosen if for a more subliminal message?

Maybe it's just that I don't trust anything from the media anymore, especially See BS.

You just can't tell anymore can you? Or mebbe we can - basically, I run everything from the OLM through a massive skeptical filter anymore...Maybe if it's corroborated 5 times over 5 days and also on conservative media, maybe I'll believe it then...but I'll always be a bit wary...Which founding father said, "Eternal Vigilence is the price of freedom (democracy)."

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Tears for the troops Dan? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
He can barely contain his emotion contemplating the heroism and devotion of our fighting men and women in Iraq so vividly expressed in the currently "hot" war photo, "Marlboro Man." Yet it was only a month ago that he was foisting fraudulent documents upon an unsuspecting and trusting population designed to elevate a proven smearmerchant of our Vietnam Veterans to the office of CIC.

CBS Evening News

This made me sick to my stomach and didn't Dan seem to grimace as if "damn I hate reading this tele-prompter crap I did not write"?

Dan is disgusting and no doubt many soldiers saw through that selfish hollow acknowledgement of them.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, add Shepard Smith to the list. Yesterday he had retired Army Sergeant Major Steve Greer on talking about Fallujah. Shepard was like a chicken with it's head cut off complaining about why we let the terrorist escape, blah blah blah. It was so bad, that Greer actually starting snickering.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that guy in the photo with the smoke doesn't ever run for office one day. They'll be showing that pic on every news cast as proof he was a smoker 30 years ago.

I can just see the headlines, Candidate smoked 30 years ago after killing innocent terrorists! Rolling Eyes
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down ... it was a FILTERED cigarette.
I quit smoking at 22:15 Jan 21, this year, after smoking unfiltered roll-your-own Prince Albert cigs for 40 years.
Now, THAT would have made for some good pictures. Laughing Laughing
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight, someone is STILL WATCHING CBS Nightly News?
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean to tell me that CBS is still on television? Confused

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: blather Reply with quote

Quote:
Let me get this straight, someone is STILL WATCHING CBS Nightly News?

He was probably checking to see if Dan Blather had called Ohio for Bush yet.

Charlie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tears for the troops Dan? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

CBS Evening News

He is a hypocrit of true nature. He has disgraced his profession, himself, and also our Vietnam Vets. I do not believe anything this man says or does. The only tears he sheads are allagotor tears...you know....for the ratings.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Im going to look around to see if I can get some sort of moron filter for my tv set. I didnt see this but trust me if I have to listen to dan bladder say anything but the local weather I think I will implode!

PS. How is the investigation going anyway? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: