SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Campaign Questioning Ohio Vote John Kerry conceded....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Kerry Campaign Questioning Ohio Vote John Kerry conceded.... Reply with quote

I told ya'll he would not go away.
Mary Ann

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/11/101259.shtml

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...
Thursday, Nov. 11, 2004 10:11 a.m. EST

Kerry Campaign Questioning Ohio Vote John Kerry

conceded the election more than a week ago, but lawyers for his campaign have begun to question the results of the vote count in Ohio, which sealed the victory for President Bush."The Kerry campaign has compiled a list of more than 30 questions for local election officials, asking about the number of absentee and provisional ballots, any reports of equipment malfunctions on election night," reports Thursday's Cleveland Plain Dealer. While President Bush defeated Kerry in Ohio by 136,000 votes, the results won't be formally certified until early next month.

Kerry campaign counsel Dan Hoffheimer insists the inquiries are merely informational. "We're not expecting to change the outcome of the election," he told the Plain Dealer. "We want to be sure that the public knows what really happened." Hoffheimer said he's responding to questions that have been raised on the Internet by Democrats who are still frustrated over Kerry's loss.

The doubters received a big boost Tuesday night when ABC's Peter Jennings said he was forced to cover some of the "stolen election" conspiracy theories as "a public service." "We've been a little bit surprised by how many e-mails we've had suggesting that maybe once again the country got it wrong," Jennings told his "World News Tonight" audience.

"We did think it might be a public service – and, quite frankly, cut back on the e-mails – if our ballot-watch correspondent Jake Tapper took another look."

Top conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh scoffed at the idea the next day. "So what's happened here is that these people at these wacko, kooky-left Web sites have e-mailed Peter Jennings and I guess a lot of mainstream media, legacy media people, these theories, and apparently so many e-mails, so many, many, many, many e-mails have arrived at ABC that, by golly, folks! They were just journalistically bound to investigate."

By Thursday the Washington Post was echoing Jennings (and the Kerry campaign) on the need to investigate Ohio further. "Each of the claims is buoyed by enough statistics and analysis to sound plausible," the Post insisted. "

In some instances, the theories are coming from respected sources – college engineering professors fascinated by voting technology, Internet journalists, election reform activists." While the Post said that most of the Ohio election conspiracy theories ultimately don't pass the smell test, vote counts in certain Florida counties "raise some interesting questions."

The Post dutifully noted that election skeptics are sending evidence showing that Bush stole the election to the Boston law firm of Kerry's brother, Cameron - in a bid to persuade the Democratic candidate to "unconcede."
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up Dems. At this rate, there will be a Repub in the White House until the next century.

What they don't get and won't admit is that MANY Democrats voted for Bush this time because KERRY SUCKED.

Those crossover Dems are right now thinking "my god, why won't these people let this go? What wackos. I think I'll vote Repub from now on".
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a Buckeye 'just passing through' and wanted to know if he could vote at my Phoenix polling station! We also had to turn away two Navajos whom the Dimo' poll watcher brought back claiming we'ld deprived them the vote. One was from out of county and the other from out of state and neither had any documentation. The poll watcher slinked away not to be heard from again.

They'll be no hope for Kerry in 'Provisional' ballots. Some 30% were given tothose who'd received mailin ballots and might be voting twice. The rest were mal-documented street people and half-way house denizens brought to the poll by Dimo' handlers and were given ballots to avoid confrontation.

Ann Coulter's column yesterday laid bare the Florida 'discrepancy'. Five counties in the panhandle (Pensacola etc) that have carried Rep's the last three presidential elections hadn't changed their registrations from "Southern" Demo to Rep.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say, as I have said in other posts, we need to stay ever vigilant, at least until inaugural day!

The dems (or should I say, the unions and AFL-CIO) have been trying desparately to steal this election. History has shown that the AFL-CIO knows all about ballot box stuffing of votes and rigging elections.

I would be willing to bet that Kerry got 20% less of the vote than has been reported. And certainly the biased MSM contributed 15% to sKerry, as Newsweak promised.

Even though Bush has "won", we still must keep a sharp eye, and I would stongly suggest that we work toward getting the rest of the information out regarding sKerry.

We need all the public awareness that we can muster.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"he's responding to questions that have been raised on the Internet by Democrats"

Now there's an excellent, trustworthy source! Shocked

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about all of our emails to investigate sKerry's military records, medical records, activities after the war, discharge, POW & MIA investigations, etc.????

Gee folks, our emails go ignored, but these left wing wackos, who are trying to steal an election get "reporting!"

What is wrong with this picture? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time for some drastic action. I'm thinking "Class Action Suit"
against the media for denying us the right to be heard. That ought to get their attention. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the business must be getting slow for ambulance chasing lawyers, so now we've got a new kind: voting machine chasing lawyer. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: