SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helen Thomas Attacks Condi Rice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Helen Thomas Attacks Condi Rice Reply with quote

Quote:
Helen Thomas: Condi a 'Monster,' 'G--damn Liar'

President Bush's decision to nominate Condoleezza Rice received widespread praise from both Democrats and Republicans.

But longtime White House Bureau Chief Helen Thomas, now a syndicated columnist with Hearst, had nothing but contempt for Rice's nomination. The feisty 84-year-old reporter who started at the White House during the Kennedy administration had some unkind words to describe Bush and Condi.

NewsMax bumped into Thomas in the lobby of New York's Waldorf-Astoria as she waited for a lunch date.

Asked about the election result, the sharp-tongued reporter simply put her hand on her face and said, "My God, the man is a fascist -- a fascist, I tell you."

She warned that Bush's victory will mean one thing: more war. She expects Iran to be next.

But surely Thomas, a female reporter who succeeded decades ago in a "man's world," had some empathy about Condi's appointment.

As we suggested the notion, a look of horror came over Thomas' face.

"I tell you, the women is a monster, a monster, a monster," she kept saying.

Asked why she was so angry with Condi, Thomas explained that the national security adviser had lied about the Iraq war and "thousands had died."

Thomas, to her credit, has asked tough questions of both Democrat and Republican presidents during her long tenure in the White House press corps, but some of her anger seemed more personal.

For decades, Thomas held the privileged front-row seat in the pressroom and usually got to ask the first question. Now she says she is back in the last row and "Bush is afraid to take my questions."

Fair enough, but the venom for Condi?

When NewsMax referred to some of Condi's positive achievements, Thomas kept interjecting "monster" to describe her. "The lady is a goddamn liar," Thomas said, adding that such prevaricators were commonplace in the Bush White House.

Nor was Thomas impressed that Condi, an African-American woman, had risen from segregated Alabama to become the most powerful woman in the nation.

Thomas rejected that, too, claiming that Condi's family had opposed Dr. Martin Luther King and that she and her folks had not supported the civil rights movement. In fact, Thomas then made the bizarre claim that Condi's family wouldn't even patronize black-owned stores.

Thomas had little substantiation for any of these allegations.

Nor for some very vague allegations about the Bush family, which she said would "stop at nothing" to deal with its enemies.

Michael Moore, please call Helen Thomas. She is ready to help with your next movie!

www.newsmax.com
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does someone that says such bizarre and outrageous things
have any credibility as a journalist? I know that she is getting a
little senile, but many of the left still regard her as a legitimate
reporter.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Helen. Bush showed her gracious deference. She responded with intemperate ad hominems. She was sent to the back of the class but should have lost her press pass. She is not a source of fear but the subject of scorn.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Helen, she is an embarrassment! I cring when I hear her questions, and I know that she would benefit from a visit with a psychiatrist...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen Thomas has been a joke even among the White House press corps for years, now - watch how other reporters roll their eyes before she even begins to speak.

She really does need to be put out to pasture. Let her go write a memoir or something. She hasn't been fit to present news for at least the last decade, and it's sad to see that they let her keep pretending to do so.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen Thomas claims to be a reporter, but instead she is a commentator and not a very good one at that. Had she started raising her conspiracy theories during the Clinton Administration, she would not be in the back row, she would not have a syndicated column, she would be home annoying her friends with them over coffee. Democrats are pretty intolerant when one of their own turns on them.

I doubt that she is senile, she has simply started believing what the fawning press has wrote about her and is playing to her own vanity.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Helen Thomas along with whoever represents CBS in the
White House Press Room should get new seats for future press
conferences. A park bench in LaFayette park would be perfect.
Why do these people have to be let into the White House anyhow?
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Helen is a dinosaur. Why don't they put the caterwalling old broad out to pasture for crying out loud? She's been dead for years, just hasn't had the good grace to lay down. Rolling Eyes

Bush putting her on the back row is a very sly way of saying "you're a nobody now. Shut up. We're ignoring you". Laughing
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a cartoon where the old bag was the image of 72 virgins for the terrorists. That would scare anybody. Helen T is just a sour, unhappy old hag, maybe just right to be Hillary's press secretary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen is the monster and the fascist! Twisted Evil I have no tolerance for these sorts that are into name calling, so I just call it back on them. They are arrogant, ignorant, and prejudice. She is jealous of Condi because she is a remarkable woman who is very accomplished, not just in public life, but also her personal life. She is a professor and a concert pianist.

Helen just needs to SHUT UP! Rolling Eyes
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no sympathy for the likes of Helen Thomas. She's neither "poor" nor has she "lost it". She never had it in the first place. The "respect" she has been accorded all these years is just symbolism.

Since alternatives to her brand of exclusionary journalism have come along and Thomas has become irrelevant, she has revealed herself for the fraud she is: A bitter, back-biting, partisan hack. Having written nothing truly memorable, she's just "been there". A perfect example of of the quota-filling feel-good-producing nothing crowd.

An Arafat of journalism.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone ought to treat her to a free day at the beach, DURING WHALING SEASON! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: