SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veteran vote results?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Vietnam Veteran vote results? Reply with quote

This is in the form of a question.

The only figure I have heard is that 57% of veterans voted for Bush.

Does anybody have reliable numbers on how Vietnam Vets voted?

I'm betting the percentage is higher.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get any answers on this...I even googled it. But I think you are right. It was better than 57%. IMHO I think the msm has it on the QT because of the libs loosing it over this election.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
I could not get any answers on this...I even googled it. But I think you are right. It was better than 57%. IMHO I think the msm has it on the QT because of the libs loosing it over this election.

I really kind of expect you are correct, but it'll slip out somewhere sometime somehow. Wink
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how they would be able to get this statistic other than polls -- and we know the exit polls were a mess.... did they poll on this prior to the election?

Since Veteran status is not easily identifiable by looking at the person (race, gender) or knowing the demographics of a precinct (income)
I'm not sure that anyone knows this....

They can do % of absentee ballots... perhaps even military absentee ballats, but that may be the only # available...
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gambler that Iam, I wish-82-18, but getting real-61-39. That's a landslide by any standard! Wink
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIaunt wrote:
I'm not sure how they would be able to get this statistic other than polls -- and we know the exit polls were a mess.... did they poll on this prior to the election?

Since Veteran status is not easily identifiable by looking at the person (race, gender) or knowing the demographics of a precinct (income)
I'm not sure that anyone knows this....

They can do % of absentee ballots... perhaps even military absentee ballats, but that may be the only # available...

Polling is not an exact science but I believe the exit polling data was a deliberate distortion.

In this case it's all we have and it will be done at some point. It may have already been done, but the results may not be to what was desired by the organization that commissioned the poll so it hasn't been released.

This figure may be one of the best indicators of the effectiveness of the Swiftvets.
AD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vietnam Veteran vote results? Reply with quote

carpro wrote:

The only figure I have heard is that 57% of veterans voted for Bush.

I am glad as long as more than 51% of veterans voted for Bush

Click here to see someone who did not vote for Bush
http://geocities.com/abrahamdo/kerry.html
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Veterans%20Vote.htm
Among Veterans: Bush 58% Kerry 35%
48% Have Family or Friends in Iraq or Afghanistan

Friday October 08, 2004--A Rasmussen Reports survey shows that military veterans prefer George W. Bush over John Kerry by a 58% to 35% margin. Those with no military service favor Kerry by ten percentage points, 51% to 41%.

The potential grassroots impact of the war issue is highlighted by the fact that 48% of Americans say they know someone who is currently serving in Iraq or Afghanistan. Among these voters, Bush currently has a ten-point advantage in the poll. Fifty-four percent (54%) of veterans know someone serving in these war zones.

When it comes to perceptions of the situation in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is likely that information from family and friends has a bigger impact than news coverage

Overall, 47% of voters believe that Bush would make a better Commander-in-Chief than John Kerry. Forty-five percent (45%) take the opposite view and say Kerry would do a better job. This closely reflects the overall voter preference in the race for the White House (on the nights of this survey, Kerry attracted 48% of the total vote to 45% for Bush).

Veterans prefer Bush as Commander-in-Chief by a 60% to 33% margin. Fifty-four percent (54%) of veterans give the President good or excellent ratings for handling the situation in Iraq. Overall, just 43% of voters give the President such positive ratings on Iraq.

Rasmussen Reports is an independent public opinion research firm that provides daily updates on the Presidential election and the nation's economic confidence.
In August, we have released state election polls for Arkansas, New Mexico, Massachusetts, Texas, California, Missouri, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, Georgia, Illinois, and Minnesota.
Last month, we also issued state election polls for Alabama, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Washington. These states will be updated in the next few data. Polling data from additional states will also be released
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: