SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My letter to Statesman Journal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: My letter to Statesman Journal Reply with quote

My letter sent to the Statesman Journal, Salem Oregon

Quote:
Your newspaper does it again, On Veteran's day, November 11, 2004 we get headlines about a terrorist that died and anything said good about the area and nation's veterans, like thank you vets, for serving to the countless thousands that honorably served for this country, and the millions that made the ultimate sacrifice so you people can always have freedom of the press was relegated to some insignificant article buried in the middle of the paper

Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--If the US officially demurs from referring to Arafat as a terrorist, you can not expect the OLM to possibly push this *great man's* death to the 2nd page just so our veterans receive a little mention, can you?

The capacity for the West to hate itself is the greatest weapon of the Jihadists. Arafat was a master at exploiting this weakness.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit:

I spent 2 weeks at my in-laws in Keizer this past summer. The only paper they get is this same rag. I quit reading it after the second day.... UGH.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
RogerRabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooter wrote:
RogerRabbit:

I spent 2 weeks at my in-laws in Keizer this past summer. The only paper they get is this same rag. I quit reading it after the second day.... UGH.

They also could get the Daily Dead Fish Wrapper out of Portland (the Oregonian) - but the SJ seems like a right wing paper in comparison

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: My letter to Statesman Journal Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
My letter sent to the Statesman Journal, Salem Oregon

Quote:
Your newspaper does it again, On Veteran's day, November 11, 2004 we get headlines about a terrorist that died and anything said good about the area and nation's veterans, like thank you vets, for serving to the countless thousands that honorably served for this country, and the millions that made the ultimate sacrifice so you people can always have freedom of the press was relegated to some insignificant article buried in the middle of the paper

OMG I think it was dispicable. My Dad is a Vet and so is my DH. The two of them decided to watch the History Channel. The only place where the Vets got their props.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: