SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG Another Pathetic Email::::Please Read!!!! Thanks......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: OMG Another Pathetic Email::::Please Read!!!! Thanks...... Reply with quote

I recieved another pathetic email. Please read if you can stomach it. What do you say to this? If I said what I really want to I will lose a friend.
I signed my last email to you with "love you" because I am not upset with
you. I appreciate your being concerned about me. I will not bother you
again about the subject after this email.

The main reason that I am upset is that I don't want to send my sons into a
battle that I nor they nor Kenneth (nor countless others) don't believe had
to happen. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers but I (and several other
moms) are boiling mad over the way the war is being handled. I have been
concerned about this messy outcome since before it started in 2003. Sure
enough we are now in a quagmire. We can get out of it but some people are
to stubborn to listen.

I'm not so concerned about who won the presidency (so to speak). There is
right and there is wrong. What is frustrating to me is that it is wrong, as
"the most powerful nation on earth," to invade and destroy every country
that "we" think is evil. That is considered being out of control. That is
like China invading the U.S. because they believe democracy should be
stamped out. Its one thing to invade Afghanistan when you believe that the
person(s) who caused September 11 are hiding out there. The entire world
agreed with us there. Even I, myself, would have been willing to join in
the battle in Afghanistan.

Any way you slice it, something is not right with the current
administration--something is not quite adding up. I happen to know that the
current administration is not being truthful with the American people. Who
knows, Kerry may have been worse, but the current course that our nation is
on is a very dangerous one. I am sad because many people don't see it. Even
the Prime Minister of England, Tony Blair apologized to his people for
taking them to war in Iraq.

Kerry said during the debate, if you are on a certain path, but you learn
NEW information that the path is incorrect, then you sometimes have to
choose a different course of action. It doesn't show weakness to take a
better path based on new information. I happen to know, first hand, that
Bush's advisors are ignoring what the generals are telling them has to get
done to "win the peace." Anyone who opposes Rumsfeld gets canned. That is
a fact.

If I were in Rumsfeld's shoes, I would appreciate advice on getting out of
this mess, but he doesn't want to hear it. That cannot be good for our
country. Our young men and women are depending on our leaders to take care
of them, but instead they are dying, losing their lives, because of
someone's ego and/or political agenda. It is scary and I don't want my sons
to be a part of this. That is the main reason I am not happy.

If the U.S. wants to fight the war on terror, they should start right here
at home. The crime rate is sky high and gangs are getting out of control in
many of our cities.

How can the U.S. liberate Iraq, when we have thousands of people going
hungry right here in the land of plenty.

This is my last point, and I won't bother you with this discussion
any more.
Consider this...President Bush has been in office for the last FOUR YEARS
yet you, Benjamin, and thousands of others cannot find work and food for
your families.

According to the Bible, not everyone who "says" "Lord, Lord" will be saved.

I may be away from my email for a couple of days and will return on Sunday.

Please understand, we are not wimps by any means. We will fight a good
fight if it is called for.
I am not trying to raise your blood pressure, I just have to re-group, pray
for whoever is in office, trust God and keep moving forward.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this paragraph says it all:

quote:

I'm not so concerned about who won the presidency (so to speak). There is
right and there is wrong. What is frustrating to me is that it is wrong, as
"the most powerful nation on earth," to invade and destroy every country
that "we" think is evil. That is considered being out of control. That is
like China invading the U.S. because they believe democracy should be
stamped out. Its one thing to invade Afghanistan when you believe that the
person(s) who caused September 11 are hiding out there. The entire world
agreed with us there. Even I, myself, would have been willing to join in
the battle in Afghanistan.

unquote:

She really doesn't think our form of government is better than a dictatorship or a communistic regime. Who are we to say that freedom is right? Who are we to try to bring basic dignity to men in oppression? Who are we to say a foreign nation is wrong just because it slaughters its citizens?Who are we to step in and try to right a wrong?

Us invading Iraq and freeing millions of Iraqis from slavery and slaughter is NOT the same as China invading America because they think Democracy is wrong. She is saying it's the same thing. IT IS NOT.

China would have no reason to invade America, even if they think democracy is wrong, except to force their form of goverment on an unwilling populace. There would be no benefit for the people. Nothing positive for them.

But the US invading Iraq was for a purpose. The populace was being slaughtered. There was a benefit for the people. It is self evident that freedom is better than slavery and that all men deserve freedom and protection from harm. All men deserve a CHANCE to be free....to life and liberty.

For her to equate the two is insulting and just plain wrong. They are as different as night and day.

And WE ARE NOT invading every country we think is evil. We are dealing with a war against radical Islam and we were able to free an entire nation of people from a bloody dictator in the process. How someone can find wrong in that, I can't understand.

America is the one benevolent nation on the planet. We are always helping other nations, giving aid, sending workers, fighting wars. We've never been conquerors, even when we had the chance. We've helped nations rebuild. We aren't occupiers. We're liberators.

Just because other countries don't believe freedom and democracy is better, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT. IT IS BETTER. Just because they don't think communism and slavery of the masses is evil, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT. IT IS EVIL AND WRONG.

This woman is trying to say we have no right as a nation to stand for freedom and what is right in the world and to make changes in accordance with what is right and good and to fight evil.

SHE'S FULL OF CRAP. God forgive us if we DON'T do it.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend sounds like a troll to me? I surely wouldnt lose any sleep over her. If shes stuck on stupid, your wasting your breath! Rolling Eyes
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She happens to know that the administration is not being truthful with us.

Of course, that begs the questions:

In what way? and Where's your proof?

Doll, with all due respect, you need to cut this "friend" loose. People like these are not capable of being saved. Her negetivity can be extremely contageous and she's looking for someone to hold her hand, pat her on her little head and tell her that "someone" will come to save her.

She and her family are incapable of defending or looking out for themselves. In short, she needs the help of a qualified medical professional.

Sorry this is so crass, but it's my opinion. I won't associate with people that are so negative (not that my posts are that possitive).

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doll, Best to go back to not talking politics with this friend. It is clear your friend does not understand who our enemy is or why we have to fight this war. I feel for ya, I really do, but you're not going to win her over.

Last edited by noc on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right, I would recomend a nice warm cup of kool-aid and a Dr.Phil visit(s). Wink
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost four "friends" because of my point of view and their inability to deal with reality. Reality being I am right and they are wrong + ignorant.

I figure if you can agree to disagree and get past it good for you both. Obviously this woman isn't getting past it. She's stewing in it. I would be surprised if your friendship will survive. You are going to have little to no respect for her and she's going to mope around moaning about the sins of America and how hopeless it all is. Rolling Eyes

So.. moral is.. Do you really want to preserve a friendship thats gonna pull you down into it like a black hole sucking up gravity?

Here is one email I got from one former friend of 15 years, my comments in green...

Quote:

Subject: What bile you spew!

One of the things that makes me glad of my decision to vote for Kerry is that you have never made a good choice in your life! (I dumped him 14 years ago - he's still sulking.)

I have followed your site and it makes me sick to personally know someone that promotes such horrible propaganda as you do. (yet he continues to read it)

And you don't even seem to realize that you are doing it! (maybe I do it just to annoy aging dead heads?)

Still your friend, (wanna bet?) but, (hole)

Chris

::snort:: good ridance Chris (and James and Gander and Clams) RIP

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was hard reading, doll. whew.

I agree there are two ways to handle this: stop talking politics with your friend or tell her what YOU think (she seems very willing to tell you what she thinks.) You say you will lose a friend if you answer her honestly. Which is more important -- holding it in to retain a friend and build up resentment over it (unless you have the good grace of a saint) or telling your side and letting the chips fall? That is for you to decide.

For myself, I have spent a lifetime holding it in to retain friends and this past year I have stopped doing that. I have (had) two very close liberal friends. One of them is not speaking to me any longer (all I did was send her the article by the British historian (sorry can't remember his name) that I thought spoke very intelligently about 'What This Election Is All About'. She couldn't handle even that much.

My other liberal friend and I had knock down drag outs via email and then we made a deal: after the election the winner would choose the time and place for lunch and the loser would treat. We did that, all talk of the election behind us. He sent me an e afterward saying, 'Thank you for being a good friend and not gloating over the election.' I wouldn't dream of gloating -- I'm just so relieved that Bush won! We are still good friends.

I don't waste my time on 'friends' I can't be honest with and share a give and take conversation with. (I save all my energy for certain liberal family members whom I love but who require kid-glove handling lol! Smile)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys and gals are all right. I would like to share my response to this email....I let the first go..but this one I could not...so I did try to be open minded and diplomatic since she is a friend and I do believe friends should agree to disagree without being hateful or accusitory. So here it is:

Hi and I appreciate you sharing your views. Please indulge me to agree to disagree with you, but not for the reasons you might think.

Our President is being wrongfully judged.

1. Our President acted on intelligence reports that the rest of the world believed to be credible.
2. After 9/11 our President was on high alert to protect you, me, and our country.
3. Saddam Hussien sponsored terrorism within Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the world.
4. Saddam Hussien's sponsored Oil for Food with the UN.
5. Saddam Hussien brutalized his people for over 35 years, killed women, pregnant women, threw babies against walls and busted their heads open, slaughtered millions and there are the mass graves that prove it.
6. We were hated by the Arabs and Muslims long before 9/11 which originally began in 1965 by Yasser Arafat and his Fattah. That I do know having lived in the Middle East and being the brunt of western hatred and having had it mentally and physically inflicted upon me.

Everyday we learn of the brutality and disregard for human life in Iraq which began long before the US went in perpetrated not just by Saddam Hussien, but his hench men, and his terrorists.

America has long been hated by the Arab and Muslim world for our support of Israel since 1948. Bible prophecy clearly details the fate of Israel and all the Nations that either supported Her, or attacked Her. Israel is the apple of God's eye. What would you say if I were to reveal to you that America is in Bible prophecy?

America is used of God to attack Iraq because this where the rebellion against God first began, with the Tower of Babble. Iraq to this day has a small town called Babble. Remember history unfolds according to God's time piece. And that time piece is Israel. You can learn how close the Lord's return is by what happens to Israel. Our responsibility as Christians is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all our leaders and leaders around the world.

As far as me, Ben, and so many others not having a job is more dependant on the lack of skills we possess and lack of education we have than whether the government can provide the people of the US a job. Yes, jobs have been created, not all people are qualified however, so that means it is our responsibility to get ourselves educated better so that we can compete in this very technological job force. We cannot hold our President responsible for our own lack of education. There are programs out there that I am looking into to see if I qualify for some of or ad least one of the grants available for education because if I do not go back to school I will never get a good job or one that pays me well enough to support my family. I know Ben is in school, so he does have the opportunity once he graduates to find gainful employment. I am sure right now he could do some part-time work at almost anything...he is young... and they will hire him, so Ben because of age has a much better opportunity than someone such as myself. You are not very marketable at 48 years old unless you have outstanding credentials and or education. That is not something that we should blame our President for. It is all our responsibilities to educate and get out there ourselves. It is wrong to depend on the government to do it for us. They never will. God is our provider and He will provide for us according to his riches and glory. Amen.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I love you guys and I am praying for all of you daily. God bless you and your family always.

scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reply doll. I would print and store these e-mails, so that in a year or two you can show her how off base she was. BTW if she is so worried about her sons, don't have them join the military, it's volunteer you know.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG Another Pathetic Email::::Please Read!!!! Thanks.... Reply with quote

doll wrote:
If I said what I really want to I will lose a friend.

Honey, friends are supposed to be the people that you can say anything to. If this friend would be so upset by you stating your beliefs/opinions/facts etc, that she'd no longer want anything to do with you.... maybe you'd be better off without her? I don't know...

I did send an awfully long e-mail to my closest friend recently, who is also a Kerry supporter. It was filled with links and information, as the first e-mail I sent her she "didn't trust the sources because they were obviously anti-Kerry and anti-democrat." At the end of the second e-mail I sent her, I included my own little message...

Quote:
I guess this is a little personal for me too… My Uncle Jimmy was in Nam… He was wounded badly and sent off to Korea for treatment. Later he was sent home. Dad went down to visit him, but he’d gone somewhere with a friend. Jimmy was killed in a car accident on the way home to see dad. Someone ran a stop sign and he was on the passenger side. Though his wounds from battle were bad enough to send him to Korea, and he came home with a leg brace, he never got a purple heart. John Kerry called my uncle a rapist and a baby-killer, along with every other Viet Nam vet. That doesn’t sit right with me.

Needless to say, I haven't heard from her since. The ball is in her court now though.

Everything will work out however it's supposed to. Keep your chin up! Very Happy

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful letter, doll!
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one answer for "Friends" who talk to me like that:
" GOOD BY!!! "Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell her to grow up and get over it. Elections happen every 4 years and on average 48% each time is not happy with the results. I'd also tell her if she doesn't like the Democratic process that we have, she can move some place where they only have one candidate running and it wouldn't be her/his choice who it would be. She/He can also move to France or Canada.

As Americans the majority rules and the majority spoke and in 4 more years, the majority will speak again. You can also ask her how many volunteer hours she put in campaigning for Kerry and if she says none, then ask her if her convictions were that deep, she/he should have gotten off their butt and try to do something besides just sitting there complaining about the results.

If friends get mad over who you support, then that is not a friendship.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JannDallas wrote:
I'd tell her to grow up and get over it. Elections happen every 4 years and on average 48% each time is not happy with the results. I'd also tell her if she doesn't like the Democratic process that we have, she can move some place where they only have one candidate running and it wouldn't be her/his choice who it would be. She/He can also move to France or Canada.

As Americans the majority rules and the majority spoke and in 4 more years, the majority will speak again. You can also ask her how many volunteer hours she put in campaigning for Kerry and if she says none, then ask her if her convictions were that deep, she/he should have gotten off their butt and try to do something besides just sitting there complaining about the results.

If friends get mad over who you support, then that is not a friendship.

I like that and it is so true. She did no campaigning. All she and her Army husband and their kids did was complain and whine.

Not to boast....I may not be the brightest person around, but I made sure that when I supported the Swifties and Bush I began a Blog to head up my convictions and expose the lies of skerry and that moron moore. In other words, I made sure that if I had anything to say, I was going to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Thanks for the great imput from you and all of you here at Swifties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: