SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Liberal Hostility
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: More Liberal Hostility Reply with quote

I've read so many quotes like this since the election, I think its best to share them. Blue state liberal elites really do hate middle America, American values and American tradition and let no one forget:

"But if militant Christianist Republicans from inland backwaters believe that secular liberal Democrats from the big coastal cities look upon them with disdain, there's a reason. We do, and all the more so after this election. ... By any objective standard, you had to be spectacularly stupid to support Bush... So our guy lost the election. Why shouldn't those of us on the coasts feel superior? We eat better, travel more, dress better, watch cooler movies, earn better salaries, meet more interesting people, listen to better music and know more about what's going on in the world." - Ted Rall

And for those that lament the "old" Democratic party. Here's Geraldine Ferraro "the blue states succeeded from the United Stated there would be nothing left. The Reds states have nothing. What would be left would be a pitiful country."
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame that these folks can't accept defeat gracefully. A true American realizes that there are elections every four years and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. A true American would not give up their citizenship in the greatest nation on earth, just because their guy isn't President. One of the greatest things about America is that if you don't like the leader, wait a few years. It's not like Cuba, the old USSR, and all of the dictatorships, that many on the left admire. Those poor countries who are stuck with their dictator until he dies and then get to live throught the power grab by the next dictator.

This claim that the blue states should leave the Union is so bogus. Geraldine and company need to check out the country election map. Most of the so-called blue states are more red than blue. If the blue counties seceded, there would be little, isolated, city nations scattered around America. Here in California, LA, San Fran, and all the little coastal towns can form their own country if they want. Then maybe all of those American counties that are left would have a say in how California was run and their tax money wouldn't be spent on the social programs for LA and San Fran. This new country of Geraldine's would also help to eliminate the Hollywood crowd from peddling their influence at election time.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What these people need is a good dose of reality. Pick them up and send them packing off to some God forsaken hole where their lives will be run by someone like Saddam or Yasser Arafat. Let them try to make a life where their every move is suspect and they constantly have to watch out for informants who might turn them in for a whim of petty jealousy.
Let them live in a place where they can be shot just for saying the wrong things about the government or its leaders. Some place like North Korea
We don't need them in this country. They are nothing but a burden to us. They don't make any constructive contribution to our lives or to anybody elses. Hell, they can't even feed or clothe themselves without a hand out from our government which actually comes out of the taxes we pay.
I'll be glad when Bushs' tax reforms kick in. Then prehaps we'll be able to make sure our money goes where it's needed and not into the pockets of these parasites. I have never before in my life heard such ungreatful drivle. Who in the name of God do they think they are anyway?
These people have no right to even call themselves American. They are nothing of the sort. What they are is a poison to the soul of our country.
Let them secede. If they won't go willingly, we should throw them out and cut them off at the heels from the proffits of our labors Mad Mad Mad Mad

I .....AM..........REALLY.......EFFING........ PISSED OFF

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: More Liberal Hostility Reply with quote

coolhand wrote:
I've read so many quotes like this since the election, I think its best to share them. Blue state liberal elites really do hate middle America, American values and American tradition and let no one forget:

"But if militant Christianist Republicans from inland backwaters believe that secular liberal Democrats from the big coastal cities look upon them with disdain, there's a reason. We do, and all the more so after this election. ... By any objective standard, you had to be spectacularly stupid to support Bush... So our guy lost the election. Why shouldn't those of us on the coasts feel superior? We eat better, travel more, dress better, watch cooler movies, earn better salaries, meet more interesting people, listen to better music and know more about what's going on in the world." - Ted Rall

And for those that lament the "old" Democratic party. Here's Geraldine Ferraro "the blue states succeeded from the United Stated there would be nothing left. The Reds states have nothing. What would be left would be a pitiful country."

I have taken the liberty to bold the wonderful values of the blues. If only my parents had taught me that having all those cool material things are what's really important in life instead of what they did teach me: to basically live in accord with the 10 Commandments, well I guess I'd be a blue too. Thank you, Mom and Dad! Smile Smile
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shallow, Shallow...

no depth of thought....

all superficial...

The elitists are elite in material things, not the spiritual

Notice they don't claim to reading better books.... They wouldn't understand really good books. The good books are the classics, not the current best seller.....

Still waters run deep... no wonder these shallow folks are foaming....
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are so good at seeing forests they miss the two largest trees:

They nominated a mentally ill traitor and, by the grace of God and the hard work of many, most Americans didn't vote for him.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, come on guys. Let's have a little compassion for these folks. They don't have enough red a$$ salve to go around. BWAHAHAHA!

All they have is their "evidence"that we stole the election. Rolling Eyes

BYE BYE Democratic Party
Parker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , if the red states succeeded from the country me thinks the blue states would sure get hungry. Rog PS Did ya catch the " me thinks " Guess I`m a hillbilly aristocrate. Ya reckon ?
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people were so convinced of not only their rightness, but their superiority. To have the majority of the citizens rebuff them in such a public manner is a blow to their egos. That is why they refuse to believe that losing might possibly have something to do with them. They think that "We're so stinkin' good, that it has to be the fault of those ungrateful wretches who refuse to see the rightness of our cause." All they're missing is "we are the Master Race" or some such crapola.

When I was in high school in the 70's, I got to spend time with a skater from the Soviet Bloc. Our super markets? A ruse to confuse them. Our cars and homes? Government propaganda set up to sow seeds of doubt in them. Why didn't we show them how we really lived? She knew after all. I'm sure went the light was forced on them in the late 80's she must have felt like the Kerry Krew do now. "It can't be true! It just can't!"

Ted Rall? Well, we all know what a piece of human excrement he is. If you have any doubts, go to his site and check out the garbage he thinks passes as public discourse. I don't have the address, but I once went there on a link and regret having done so. I think Ted Rall's purpose is to make Michael Moore look good.

Let's enjoy this, for like the drunk at the party, we got pictures to show them when they sober up.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let's enjoy this, for like the drunk at the party, we got pictures to show them when they sober up.

The blue meanies will never sober up. To do so would reveal such a crushing reality to them that it would be unbearable. Let them seep in thier superior attitude and elitist ways until they pass on. Then they will see the truth....then it will be too late.

Zell Miller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
They are so good at seeing forests they miss the two largest trees:

They nominated a mentally ill traitor and, by the grace of God and the hard work of many, most Americans didn't vote for him.

It amazes me how they never take the responsibility for there own actions. I am tired and growing weary of all the whinning. The libs need to wake up and realize that right now they are the problem. They need to stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution.

One step in that direction is realizing that the candidate they elected is a narcisistic moron and that by supporting him they made themselves look like fools.

58 million Americans spoke on Nov. 2nd and they still do not want to face reality. Sounds a lot like the candidate they noninated. Oh how did he say it.........."fantacy spin"...........hmmmmmm.....they needed a reality check and they got it. They cannot handle. I suspect that is why so many are piling into the pshyciatrists and psycologists office these days....you know..."Post Kerry Tramatic Stress Syndrome".

Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to get at Ted Rall for a long time... I have to read his crap every week in one of the only English newspapers printed here... If you look back to 1 of my first posts, I mentioned this peice of scum (although I misspelled his last name).

Of course on the very top of the newspaper (The Japan Times), it has in blod print "ALL THE NEWS WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOR". If that's the case, then why is it that the only American news sources it uses are LA Times and Washingto Post (including Tedd Rall)?!? what crap.. and to think that I am subscribed to this sh!t.... Don't really have much choice, my only other form of news is the internet...
Knot4jfnk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good opposing view at FrontPageMagazine

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15923

Don Feder wrote an excellent answer today. Just a few good quotes from it:

Quote:
Liberals took their historic defeat in the 2004 elections quite well. They could have reacted with bitterness, rancor and hysteria. Instead they were gracious, and engaged in thoughtful introspection.

I’m kidding.

And....

Quote:
Liberals have concocted a fantasy version of America, where all of the nation’s brain-power and productivity reside in the blue states, while red America is a land of trailer parks, country-music bars, tractor-pulls and Klan rallies. (Quick, someone tell the Texans with their oil reserves, cattle and industrial output that they’re a virtual wasteland.)

There may be more money in New York and California than in Oklahoma and Indiana. But most of the people in the blue states who’ve created that wealth voted for Bush. According to exit polls, Bush got 63% of the vote of those with incomes of $200,000 and up.

And the cops, firefighters and physicians who keep the cultural elitists safe and well? They voted for Bush too. Likewise the farmers who keep them fed and the contractors and construction workers who build their homes, offices and roads.

Who will patrol the streets of an independent Blue America? Mental health professionals who specialize in conflict resolution? Defense attorneys? Who’ll perform open-heart surgery – holistic healers?

Despite the wealth of Wall Street, and mansions in Beverly Hills, Blue America is rife with urban decay, illegal immigrants, poverty, crime, taxes and gargantuan government. California is bankrupt. New Jersey is chronically corrupt. Try finding an English-speaking cabbie in New York.

Taxes are so high in Kerry’s home state that there’s an ongoing middle-class flight. (Massachusetts lost more than 79,000 residents in the past 12 years.) Factories move from Michigan and Pennsylvania to Tennessee and South Carolina, not in the opposition direction..

It's got some good points and great humor. It's worth the read.
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Endicott wrote:
It's a shame that these folks can't accept defeat gracefully. A true American realizes that there are elections every four years and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. A true American would not give up their citizenship in the greatest nation on earth, just because their guy isn't President. One of the greatest things about America is that if you don't like the leader, wait a few years. It's not like Cuba, the old USSR, and all of the dictatorships, that many on the left admire. Those poor countries who are stuck with their dictator until he dies and then get to live throught the power grab by the next dictator.

This claim that the blue states should leave the Union is so bogus. Geraldine and company need to check out the country election map. Most of the so-called blue states are more red than blue. If the blue counties seceded, there would be little, isolated, city nations scattered around America. Here in California, LA, San Fran, and all the little coastal towns can form their own country if they want. Then maybe all of those American counties that are left would have a say in how California was run and their tax money wouldn't be spent on the social programs for LA and San Fran. This new country of Geraldine's would also help to eliminate the Hollywood crowd from peddling their influence at election time.

True. Of California's 58 counties, I believe 42 of them are colored RED. And they just happen to have nearly all the agriculture and all the water.
Let the blue counties try to secede. They'd be cutting their own throats.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This talk of sucession is laughable. Texas is the only state that has the constitutional right to suceed. For any other state the constitution would have to be amended. Ain't gonna happen.

What is happening is a cultural balkanization of America. We are surely as balkanized as the old USSR, just without the break up of the nation. THe ideologies that separate the red from the blue are as stark as any national boundary. I honestly don't know what it would take to unite us as a nation again. Maybe nothing would. The divide is too great. All we can do is learn to live side by side in relative scorn of one another. Like it is now.

What concerns me is that the other nations of the world, who are our enemies, see this divide as a weakness. They will exploit it. Remember when Kruszchev said that we would be conquered without them ever firing a shot? He meant, that their ideology would infiltrate our nation to the point that we would become communistic without a fight. Those subversives are in our country right now. Communism is alive and well even if it's not behind the iron curtain anymore. It's no longer represented by a hammer and sickle, but by a blue state, a Democratic Party and a senator named John Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: