SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here is another wacked-out email!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Here is another wacked-out email!!!!!! Reply with quote

> [Original Message]

> Hello , I love you. I feel better knowing that we can agree to
> disagree. I also appreciate you sharing your views. Otherwise we wouldn't
> get different perspectives on important matters.
>
> I am not, by any means, Bush's judge. I pray that everything you believe
> about him is true. Whether he is up to no good or whether he means well, we
> are still to pray for him. When he stands before God, everything will be
> between him and God.
>
> Remember that Kenneth and I voted for Bush during the previous election. We
> wanted him to win! But even after the 2000 election I started to feel
> uncomfortable but just swept my feelings under the carpet and ignored them.
> Jesus said you will know a tree by its fruit. Paul says to test everything
> that is said to be sure it is from God. A lot of the things Bush says and
> does is not in line with the way Jesus would say and do things. Bush is not
> perfect and we are to pray constantly for him -- which I have been doing.
>
> I, too have sources, that AGREE with YOU that the Arabs have hated the U.S.
> for a long time and wanted to get even with us. That's all I can say about
> that.
>
> Saddam is not the only evil person in the world, but we haven't gone after
> them. Why is that? South Africa treats their people the same way and we
> don't step in to help them. They have been mistreating their citizens for
> years. China executed citizens for protesting in Teneman's square, we
> didn't do anything about that. We probably wouldn't have gone after Iraq if
> they didn't have oil. september 11 is not everything they want us to
> believe it is. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.
>
> The intelligence reports pointed to the fact that there was no evidence of
> weapons of mass destruction. One of the inspectors in Iraq was on a talk
> show trying to warn the American people that there was "nothing" to indicate
> a problem in Iraq and that we should certainly NOT go to war. I did not
> hear from him (on TV or in the news) again. It was clear that there was no
> link between Saddam Hussein and the WTC attacks. Saddam terrorized his own
> people, which is horrible, but he had nothing to do with the attack on the
> U.S. If he had, we would have gone after him first and not Afghanistan.
> Also, why didn't we go after Saddam back in 1991 when he invaded Kuwait?
> Did we not know of the atrocities he committed to his people at that time?
>
> As I mentioned before, it is a fact that Bush was planning to go to war with
> Iraq nine months before the attacks on our country. Colin Powell was Not in
> agreement with this. Jimmy Carter and others like him have come forward and
> said that going to war in Iraq hasn't solved anything, but instead has
> opened the door to a host of other problems. Kenneth Copeland said that he
> believes that fighting was not the answer.
>
> I personally believe that when God is in something we don't lose thousands
> of lives as we are doing now. When we went to Afghanistan there was no loss
> of U.S. soldier's lives for the first month. That's because the entire
> nation was praying. When the wall of Jericho came down we didn't lose any
> lives. Many battles in the Bible were given to the Godly victors. Since
> some American citizens are successfully doing their best to get God out of
> everything, it is not surprising that our country is being ravaged with
> hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes and the like. It is not by our
> weapons that we are going to get out of this money pit in Iraq, but by God's
> spirit, by God's mercy.
>
> Unfortunately the U.S. is the one who agreed to have the oil for food
> program.
>
> As far as jobs go, there are attorneys (at least 15 that I know of) who have
> lost their jobs with 4 days notice (after 17 years of loyalty). Education
> helps, but jobs are scarce. Ben has been applying everywhere -- COMP USA,
> Temp agencies, Stores at Landmark, movie theatres, government jobs, other
> employment agencies, etc.
>
> PRAYER is the answer. The apostle Paul said to PRAY about everything, don't
> worry about anything. That is the advice that I must take if I'm going to
> be successful. I will have joy no matter who is governing our country.
>
> Thanks again for sharing your views.

My response:

Glad you are feeling better. I am glad you agree too that we can agree to disagree and feel that listening to other views is good.
I will not respond as far as what you wrote here because we do not agree and I do not want to continue to belabor this issue with anyone.
I think it is time to pray and move on. Like you said, and it is true, God is in control.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likewise believe that God is in this. That's why I don't want to give the devil any help by making trouble for Mr. Bush. He may not be perfect, (Neither was MOSES) But he is Gods choice (as was MOSES). All of the whining and complaining and worrying only helps Satan by weakening our resolve to fight and win this war. There is always a price to pay for victory. Only those willing to pay the price may enjoy its bounty. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend's perspective is interesting to say the least, doll. So Bush is doing things Jesus wouldn't do? It wasn't Jesus' mission to be president of the United States for starters. He said, 'Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's.' And imo that is exactly what Bush is doing.

One thing your friend said stood out to me as being theologically indefensible and it is this: "I personally believe that when God is in something we don't lose thousands of lives as we are doing now."

1) Bible history shows over and over again that God was often 'in something' where thousands of lives were lost.

2) God was 'in something' when His only begotten son in whom He was well pleased was put to death.

Food for thought for your friend... Confused
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, I'm certainly not a therapist, but over the years I have had to deal with a lot of people. For what it's worth what I'm getting out of these letters is that you are dealing with what we laymen used to call an "emotional cripple." Furthermore, her big, and seemingly only, hang-up is the war in Iraq. I'd guess that there's something about the war in Iraq that is seriously personally threatening to this individual. Unless and until she gets some good professional help to sort out what her hang-up is and to logically and objectively face it, she's just going to continue to flail around in self-pity and condemnation of "the authority" that she can't control and confuse everyone she interacts with as to the cause of her own personal misery.

As Lucy says to Charlie Brown, that will be 5-cents, please. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Doll, I'm certainly not a therapist, but over the years I have had to deal with a lot of people. For what it's worth what I'm getting out of these letters is that you are dealing with what we laymen used to call an "emotional cripple." Furthermore, her big, and seemingly only, hang-up is the war in Iraq. I'd guess that there's something about the war in Iraq that is seriously personally threatening to this individual. Unless and until she gets some good professional help to sort out what her hang-up is and to logically and objectively face it, she's just going to continue to flail around in self-pity and condemnation of "the authority" that she can't control and confuse everyone she interacts with as to the cause of her own personal misery.

I am in 100% agreement with you on that one.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what gets me about these guys, they claim that we must be uneducated dumb-bunnies to vote for Bush. What I don't get is if they are so smart, why they can't they figure out why Kerry lost? All they can do is point fingers and moan and groan. The other day the DLC, which is a centrist Democrat group came and did an evaluation. The only place the Democrats gained in voter groups were the high school drop outs and the post graduate degree people. The Bush people gained in every single other group imaginable other then the above two.

Politics is in my blood and it would have been horrible to see Skerry elected, but I wouldn't be crying in my beer or getting therapy over it. I would get out there and work my behind off harder the next time around. Action speaks louder than words. P Diddy did his Vote or Die thing. Come to find out P Diddy didn't even register to vote, along with many of these other supposedly "star" powers that came out for Skerry. I was always taught to lead by example.

We have 4 more years of Bush and it will be 4 heck of a lot better years than having that lying liberal traitor as our Commander in Chief. My step-kids voted for Kerry. Can't get into a fight with them over that. But I did tell them that if he gets elected and raise our taxes, their portion of the inheritance every year will go to Skerry's programs and when they don't get anything, don't **tch about it. They got what they asked for. Oh yes, and if they got anything from us after that, they would have to pay death taxes on it to boot. I'm just sick of the gritching and moaning. Good example of what poor losers are all about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
Anker-Klanker wrote:

I am in 100% agreement with you on that one.

Well your point was proved tonight. I received another derranged email, but this time I was more hurt than anything. But I decided not to cry. It just isn't worth it.

She claimed the Lord told her to send me a response because I said it was time to move on.

I am not perfect, but as a friend I always ask about my friend. No how are you, no God bless you.....but God told her to send me the emails. So I did ask her since she has to be obedient to God, by sending me the emails, did God also ask her to omit: how are you, or how is your family............or God bless you?

I guess she really is not a friend....gee....I had a troll amongst me and never knew it til now.....

Better late than never.......
Crying or Very sad
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reliegon and politics dont mix! you can't push a string. who needs her? Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She claimed the Lord told her to send me a response because I said it was time to move on.

Uh, don't they also condemn Bush claiming the Lord is telling him what to do? Wink
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ever any of that lot uses the name of God in any way it's always a deliberate attempt to manipulate us through our beliefs.You've really got to watch them because some of them are pretty clever in formulating their arguments. If they can't get at you through your feelings they'll try to get at you through logic and reason. Such tactics often work on the young, naive, innocent and the inexperienced. But anybody who has been around for a while can see clear through them. That's why real education is so important, it's a good antidote against indoctrination.
That is another mark against the public (Government) school system in both Britain and the US Sad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gathered I never thought that Bush said that God talked to him. I thought he prayed for guidance and to help in in leading our nation in times such as we have now. As many other people out there, I pray for God's guidance or whatever He thinks is best. When I prayed about our elections, I asked for God's help in doing what is best for this country. Also, her friend brings up God in "speaking" to her and telling her to write her friend. I do not think that he would ask her to do this to try and antagonize her. God is the Judge, but I have a feeling that God would not be speaking to a person to write those type of letters. I also do not think that God would approve of Skerry's position on partial birth abortion or creating life in a tube for research. If she continues to write to you on these matters, I would suggest you find a really powerful article on partial birth abortion, describing the process, and send it to her and ask her if she thinks the Lord would be pleased with a person who wants to have this type of thing legalized again. I would also ask her if she would like to attend a religious ceremony where Uncle Bill and Uncle Phil decide to tie the knot in her own state. I have tried to stop passing judgments on people and their deeds as much as I grow older. I'm not the person who is going to be sitting in front of these guys on Judgment Day. I do, however, think that between watching the two candidates, that Bush is much more comfortable in his faith and I think that many people of faith saw the same thing as I did.

I also can understand the Swifties position if Kerry had been elected and exposing this man for what he is. The job he applied for is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. You don't hire a drug addict to dispense pharmacuticals. Bad example, but you get the picture. I was in high school when the Viet Nam War ended, but I saw what happened to our Brave Men upon their return from there and it disgusted me, even back in those days when I was young and stupid. Kerry lied about these men and enabled the same type of people you see protesting in those San Francisco pictures the day after the election today. The more the Democrats started comparing this war to Viet Nam, the more I balked and that is one of the biggest reasons why I adopted those soldiers and now driving to DFW twice a week to greet soldiers returning. I want those brave men and women to know that we do appreciate the sacrifices they are making for our country.

I know I'm on my soap box, but I'm so tired of hearing all this moaning and groaning. If people think the world is a terrible place, then get off your butt and make it better. Start with your community. Instead of going out in the streets of SF making an butt of yourself, use that energy at a homeless shelter or be a mentor to some troubled child. Half of these people didn't even bother to get off their tush and go down and pull a lever for the candidate of their choice, but they sure want their voices heard.

I thought the Bible taught tolerance. I am tolerating these people and I also accept that others see things differently then me, but I don't see them accepting of what I believe in and I guess that is the main difference between the Bush and the Skerry people and I also think it is the core of the basis of why he did not win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last response to her after I sent her what Inatizzy wrote (of course changing the she's to you, etc.)

I would never want you to go against what the Lord asks you to do. We must be obedient to the Lord. But I must ask you this.

Through all this, the election being over, views known. Did the Lord ask you not to ask about my family or me? In all my emails to you and with all my faults the one thing the Lord has always emphasized to me was to think of you and your family first. To pray for you and your family first. This is what the Lord asked me to do.

You accused me once of only thinking of myself...we all do...we are all guilty of this...we have a fallen nature and it is forgiven and washed under the blood.

But not even to ask about how we are? Or ad least about John and Joshua? I have a family too. I have concerns too. I do not believe when the Lord asked you to respond to my email He asked you to omitt being a friend.

A friend asks. Sometimes I feel that I am missing something. I am grateful for all you have done for me. I pray always that the Lord bless you. I have tried to recipricate in my humble way with cloths, some gold rings. I know this is nothing compared to what you have done for me.
But you do not even ask how we are? This is more important than what we give each other materialistically. I know you have been going through a hard time, but you are not the only one.

I will not address my problems here or the fact John is going to go back to a nuerosurgeon for possible major back surgery and this will delay my going to work.

I am just struck that you did not ask how we are. No God bless you....but I am supposed to know that the email you sent was blessed by the Lord. Okay. Whatever you say.

I am sorry that I am so unimportant that you did not even care to ask. I thought that is what friends really do. The rest is just irrelevant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: