SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democratic finger-pointing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Democratic finger-pointing Reply with quote

The following link makes for a real interesting read:

http://ariannaonline.com/columns/column.php?id=744

After you've read this I think you will have some idea how much of the real John Kerry we saw in the campaign. This suggests that sKerry was merely an actor playing a role. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually won't read Arianna (she and Teraaaayza are too much alike for me), but this column was a hoot - in ways she didn't intend. Smile

Arianna writes: [at a breakfast with reporters, James Carville and Bob Shrum] blamed the public for not responding to John Kerry’s message on the economy, and they blamed the news media for distracting voters from this critical message with headlines from that pesky war in Iraq. “News events were driving this,” said Shrum. “The economy was not driving the news coverage.”

Me: Notice how Shrum is now 0 for 8 (in Presidential elections), and still blaming it all on others.

Arianna writes: “When Carville and Greenberg tell reporters that the campaign was missing a defining narrative,” Thorne [Kerry's pal and ex-brother-in-law] told me this week, “they forget that they were the ones insisting we had to keep beating the domestic-issues drum. So we never defended John's character and focused on his leadership..."

Me: Leadership of what? In 20 years in the Senate, what has Kerry done? LOL

Arianna writes: Cam Kerry agrees. “There is a very strong John Kerry narrative that is about leadership, character and trust. But it was never made central to the campaign,” he said. “Yet, at the end of the day, a presidential campaign — and this post-9/11 campaign in particular — is about these underlying attributes rather than about a laundry list of issues."

Me: LOL.....ROTFL..... Think about what Kerry's brother (Cameron) is really saying. He's saying, THEY DIDN'T FOCUS ON VIETNAM ENOUGH!! They didn't follow Kerry's usual plan, of branding Kerry as War Hero and everybody else as Chicken Hawk. Well, Guess Who forced them off that plan? Smile Smile And what a dope Cam is! If Kerry hadn't dropped his Vietnam shtick in September, he would have lost by 20 points (as the "Swift Vet controversy" continued to rage...Kerry's own emphasis on Vietnam is what put the juice in it).

Arianna writes: Behind the scenes, former President Clinton also kept up the drumbeat, telling Kerry in private conversations right to the end that he should focus on the economy rather than Iraq or the war on terror, and that he should come out in favor of all 11 state constitutional amendments banning gay marriage...

Me: I think Clinton was right here....but too late. Kerry could have gotten to 51% on domestic issues if, and only if, he had made them his Big Theme from the beginning (no detours into Vietnam or Iraq with each new advisor). As for gay marriage....personally I support it, But, Kerry always claimed to be against it ("the President and I have the exact same position")......so, why wouldn't Kerry do what Clinton said? Kerry lost because he was, and always has been, a phony.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Democratic finger-pointing Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
The following link makes for a real interesting read:

http://ariannaonline.com/columns/column.php?id=744

After you've read this I think you will have some idea how much of the real John Kerry we saw in the campaign. This suggests that sKerry was merely an actor playing a role. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

I read it, but to tell you the truth, I didn't need to read it to tell me that he was an actor playing a role. That is all he has ever done. Why else would that idiot take a typewriter and an 8mm movie camera to Nam with him? Twisted Evil
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, but after reading that article, I get the feeling that the author feels that Kerry should have gone anti-war all the way on this and made it a referendum on Iraq. My impression is that she thinks that would have given Kerry the victory.

My question is this: If Kerry had come along as an anti-war candidate in the first place and tried to make this a referendum on Iraq...would he have won the election? My instinct says no.

It's not that everyone in this country agrees we should be there. It's just that I have a feeling most people feel like I do: I don't like it, but we're there, now let's do the job so we can go home with honor, and not cut and run.

What do you all think? Is my perception skewed or not?

Maria
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"A fallout of this was that the campaign had no memorable ads. In a post-election survey, the only three ads remembered by voters were all Republican ads — and that was after we spent over $100 million on advertising."

Hmmmmmmmmm...I'd say, success Swifts!! Yahoo... Laughing

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with MSEEGER on this one. I've always said that Kerry should have gone to Hollywood instead of Washington. But unfortunately the only roles he could get would be in "B" horror flicks playing a Dracula wannabe. That's why he went to Washington, there are fewer good directors there and no real critics of any merit. Kerry is just a really bad actor, that's why he won't get any encores.

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
firstsgtmike
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria,

My answer is "Skewed".

Check Kerry's votes, his position on the IntelligienceCommittee.

"I voted for, before I voted against."

The Hillary Democrats hung him out to dry.

I challenged Kerry supporters to define his program, and why anyone should vote for him.

The only answer I received was that he was not Bush. (I already knew that. I"ve seen photos of both of them.)

I looked at the numbers. If Bush gives Kerry every state he won by +/- 3% of the vote, in exchange for every state Kerry won by +/- 3% of the vote, Bush will pick up 20 more EVs.

And the motorboat is starting up again; but, but, but, but, but, but, but.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it was acting. I predicted a few months ago that kerry would be positioned somewheere to the right of GWB come Nov 2nd. His final days speeches were calling for more troops in Iraq, more troops in Afghanistan, more money for those ideas...
He was a catholic, a choir boy, a life long catholic, understudy to the pope, yada, yada, yada...

There is only one kerry political rule, that one needs to remember about it him. It is the heart of the communist approach.
""The end justifies the means."" he can, and will say anything, according to his political faith.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
...There is only one kerry political rule, that one needs to remember about it him. It is the heart of the communist approach.
""The end justifies the means."" he can, and will say anything, according to his political faith.

Ya, ain't it disgusting how Kerry managed to pull the wool over the eyes of so many in the country. I am tired of hearing that Bush barely won the election, that if only a few missed votes had been counted in Ohio...blah blah blah.

I say...imagine what the outcome of the election would have been if the old media press had done its job...if only the press had seriously analyzed the political record of successes and failures of Kerry as they did Bush; if only the press had demanded and received the full military record of Kerry as they did Bush; if only the press had given all the airtime and interviews to the anti-Kerry authors as they did the anti-Bush authors; if only the press had investigated the funding and political connections of the 527 groups supporting Kerry as they did Bush; if only the press had demanded and received full disclosure of the joint financial, current medical, and educational records of Kerry as they did Bush; if only the press had investigated and publicized the hundreds of voting fraud and violent acts of Kerry supporters; if only the press had investigated and published documented allegations against Kerry with the same zeal as they published unsubstantiated and outright fraudulent charges against Bush; if only the press had even once mentioned the clear acts of treason by Kerry, the meetings with the enemy during time of war, lying to the Senate for the purposes of affecting US policy, and the resultant slaughter of untold millions of people due to these policies; if only the press had given attention to Kerry campaigning before church congregations and the ministers of these churches illegally requesting votes for Kerry; if only the press had even once asked Kerry about HIS military deferments, about HIS attempts to avoid military duty, about HIS mysterious and apparently less than honorable discharge from the Navy; yes, we could go on and on...but again I say, imagine if the old media press had done its job...imagine what a deserved 10-20 point landslide for Bush would have done for UNITY in this country that the press now decries as a failure of Bush...imagine!
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL:

That last paragraph of yours (is that really one sentence?) should be on every op ed page in the country.

Then it should be in every class where they still study grammar for sentence diagraming and the proper use of the semi-colon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: